It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird things floating over us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hi all, was just outside having a cig and we spotted this black blob in the sky moving very slowly, took a few pics with my slr camera, the only thing ive done in ms paint is resize it, me and my m8 think its a bunch of balloons but looks quite interesting

lemme know what you think please

i17.photobucket.com...

photo bucket has a limit of a filesize of 1mb but the full resolution is over 2 mb, if you want the others then i will u2u them

Thanks for looking

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Looks like it could be anything. The problem is that there is a complete and utter lack of anything to use as a size reference. No clouds, no ground objects, nothing. It could be a bug in the sky, for all the viewer here could know.

Not that i'm saying that was intentional, a perfectly clear day and directly above is not conducive to giving objects to refer to. Just saying that it makes it really hard to give it credence as anything out of the norm.

Looks kind of like a crow to me...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Strange- looks like black balloons tied together or something.

Where are you located?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
the distance i would say would be about 15,000 feet as my camera has a 300 optical zoom lens and that was fully zoomed in.

I live in Manchester, England and i took them about 30 mins ago, i will resize another shot and up load that

Edit:
i17.photobucket.com...

i17.photobucket.com...

We live about 10 miles from manchester airport and these things were alot higher when we saw a plane coming in to land

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Scaart]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scaart
the distance i would say would be about 15,000 feet as my camera has a 300 optical zoom lens and that was fully zoomed in.

That's not enough information to determine distance unless you know size.

It's probably a 300 mm EQUIVALENT lens, but try a moon cal with it. Put it on a tripod and take a few moon shots fully zoomed in, preferably during the day, so they won't be overexposed. We know the moon is about half a degree wide from limb to limb, so you can then easily derive the microradians per pixel that you need to estimate distance from size, or size from distance. You can use GIMP to measure the image - it's free.

For Example

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Was on holiday last month in Germany and i actually took a pic of the moon with full zoom

i17.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scaart
Was on holiday last month in Germany and i actually took a pic of the moon with full zoom

i17.photobucket.com...

I measured that image. It's 3008 by 2000 pixels, and it comes out to about 25 microradians per pixel. IF the OP image is cropped from that same resolution (the EXIF data says it is), then its 16 pixels represent about 1 meter diameter at 2.5 km. I doubt its much further than that, since the pixels are nice and dark in red and green, and only shifted a little to the right in the blue.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by disownedsky]

[edit on 6-8-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the moon one isnt cropped, i saved that straight from my compact flash card through a reader, the other ones i posted are resized so photobucket wouldnt throw a wobbler.

I can send you the full size pics if you like so you can take a look, personally i think they are balloon but they just moved through the sky very smoothly

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Parachute maybe? Does it seem to be coming downward?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
After adjusting levels in PS

Now we know

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
From what we saw, it floated steadily into the distance just getting smaller and smaller, there was no descent on the object

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
After adjusting levels in PS

Now we know

just out of interest, we now know what ? can you clarify what you know please, have you identified the object ?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
it actually looks like a vine of delicious, succulent grapes

maybe the aliens are making wine?

new topics

top topics

join