It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Commandos Rescue Kidnapped 12 Year-Old 'Messiah' from Cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

French Commandos Rescue Kidnapped 12 Year-Old 'Messiah' from Cult

www.foxnews.com

SAINT-DENIS DE LA REUNION, La Reunion — Sixteen members of a religious cult — including a leading fugitive — were in custody on an Indian Ocean island Monday after French commandos stormed their compound and rescued a boy they allegedly kidnapped.
Police say the cult considered 12-year-old Alexandre Thelahine a "new messiah" and abductors seized him from his parents' residence in Saint-Denis de la Reunion on Friday. They escaped by car before abandoning it and switching to another vehicle
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is a bizarre story. I wonder why they think this boy is a new messiah? Apparently this is the second time they kidnapped him.

At least the raid appears to have gone down peacefully, not like the Waco Texas cult.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You're right, that is one bizarre story. The kid and his parents are probably going to be paranoid for the rest of their lives; that is, always wondering if someone is going to snatch him. It's definitely a good thing they were able to find him, but I am wondering why more action wasn't taken against the group the first time he was kidnapped. I'd also like to hear if they arrested the whole group, because one or more members might try it a third time.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is a bizarre story. I wonder why they think this boy is a new messiah? Apparently this is the second time they kidnapped him.

There have been several similar stories recently two with girls who claimed they were reincarnated or something along those lines.

Very strange indeed and no real apparent reasons I can think of other then making it appear as they are someone of importance. This girl claimed she is a member of the Columbia Crew

A four year old girl living in Uttar Pradesh (northern India) claims to be the reincarnation of Columbia crew member Kalpana Chawla.

Source

Keep in mind he claims he was allegedly kidnapped so it could be a set up but I doubt it.

just tried to find the other story that mentioned the kinapping claims but the link is now dead

[edit on 8/6/2007 by shots]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well I got interested into knowing why this boy is call a messiah, but I could not get any information on him.

Does anybody knows what is so special about the child?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here's some more information. Apparently the mother is related to a cult member. The cult is Catholic-related and their leader claims to get messages from the Virgin Mary. They think this boy is destined to succeed the current cult leader, but it's still not entirely clear to me why they think this (I guess maybe Mary told him so).

I got that from this link:

www.news.com.au...

[edit on 8/6/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
They think this boy is destined to succeed the current cult leader, but it's still not entirely clear to me why they think this

What I find odd is the mther is allegedly related to one of the cult members and I doubt some kid would want to become a new cult leader because he was raped by him :shk:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just another pedophile case.

Another link: www.independent.ie...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
anyone mention jhon titor yet i'm just waiting for it that train is never late

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Lo and behold, the cult leader just getting young boys for his personal gain and to satisfy his sexual needs.

Despicable.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
the cult leader just getting young boys for his personal gain and to satisfy his sexual needs.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I think you're right spot on there marg.

new topics

top topics

join