It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do all aliens (as we know them) have human faces?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Who's to say the face is just a human trait? Faces seem to be a trait of an advanced creature, even in the animal kingdom. If we are to assume that aliens are intelligent, they most likely will have similar traits, like being able to walk upright on two legs.

If you believe in evolution, then how did Aliens evolve on other planets? Did they evolve from a lower life form or is their physical construction and intelligence innate?

It's entirely plausible that an intelligent Alien being had the knowledge to manipulate dna and create hybrid versions of themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
almost all creaturs have a "face" that can be aplyed to a huminoid form (not including marine life) maybe the configuration of the "face" as we know it is just the best nataral arangment

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by talon
almost all creaturs have a "face" that can be aplyed to a huminoid form (not including marine life) maybe the configuration of the "face" as we know it is just the best nataral arangment

Almost all creatures?

Almost all creatures on this earth you mean.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
My opinion is the pheonomena generates its basic humanoid form because we are humanoid. I think these forms are influenced by our subconscious or collective unconscious. It funny how "aliens" never look alien. No ones ever been abducted by some being similar to something out of the Cthulhu Mythos or HG Wells. Its all things that sound like theyre from Myth, Folktales, and Legends.

The so called Nordics sound like the Nordic Light Elves, Seelie or the Sidhe.
The Greys are like Goblins, Hobgoblins, Kobolds, Unseelie or Dark Elves.
The Saurian/Reptilian things sound just like Serpent Folk and Nagas.

There is also another one not often included with UFO lore, the Ogres and Trolls which today is like the Sasquatch and Yeti.

I agree with you but I'm not one to put all of my eggs into one basket and in this case, though what you are saying is probably true where many of these 'being's' are merely a reflection of the collective human consciousness developed over time where these beings themselves become active thought forms that can materialize and act independently in our dimension. Where it's through morphic resonance that these beings or other beings like BVM, for example do this -- this said, I still think there are extraterrestrial beings too and they travel here through worm hole-like portals within the same realm that some term as astral.
I also think that there are terrestrial beings who have been here even before us who are transdimensional.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
perhaps its because we feel the need to be "the top'' and imagine... if there were a more intellectual being that looked nothing like us... how would that make our race look? but if we resemble the advance species maybe society can hope to evolve and eventually end up like them one day....

...Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Originally posted by Chorlton
As far as I know, no one has ever seen an alien.

Phil Schneider did. He was shot by one, he had the scars to prove it!
But I guess you think PS was a fraud right? Seriously, if you don't believe in this stuff, then you shouldn't be here. You're just trolling threads. It isn't a good look.

There is no proof Phil Schneider was 'Shot' by one, and yes I do think Schneider was a fraud. Untill someone comes up with concrete evidence and not tall tales I will continue to think people were frauds.

I love the way you try to discredit sceptics as trolls though. It wont work but was a nice try. But are you saying only people that 'Believe' are allowed on these forums? what are you afraid of, proof that aliens dont really exist?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

You can go with that in two possible ways:
-God created man: Aliens are "God" and made us in their image/from their DNA.
-Man created God: As someone stated earlier.. its all we can muster to imagine because its all we know.

Whether or not the God and Aliens are related the above "man created" has always been my take and I thought it would be a good metaphor... maybe "God[Aliens] Created" is the real deal though?

Gotta laugh.

-DJ Luz

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Funny, I was asking my self the same question this morning. A was also asking myself, how come that in alot of abduction storys and all that, the aliens always communicate in english ? I mean I would be surprised that if aliens exist they would be able to communicate in english. That's why I think most of the abduction storys, with drawings of humanoids who speak english, are more likely to be bad dreams than alien abudctions (ex : the hills case)

[edit on 7-8-2007 by WeSbO]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Perhaps we see the similarities in "Aliens" in pictures or "accounts" of encounters. Perhaps we are asking the wrong question? Perhaps the question should NOT be why they have human facial features but why do WE have Alien facial features or WHY do WE have Ape like features etc etc

Simply put, I guess the "face" is laid out in a very generic manner with slight differences to aid survival in different species. But in terms of the layout, Eyes on top, mouth at the bottom and nose around the center - probably a recipe for success.

So it's not that they look a lot like us but perhaps we look a lot like them? Perhaps we are WAY WAY in their past and they are from here originally.

my $0.02

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO
Funny, I was asking my self the same question this morning. A was also asking myself, how come that in alot of abduction storys and all that, the aliens always communicate in english ? I mean I would be surprised that if aliens exist they would be able to communicate in english. That's why I think most of the abduction storys, with drawings of humanoids who speak english, are more likely to be bad dreams than alien abudctions (ex : the hills case)

That's not correct.

I listened to John Greenewald Jr's interview with Kathleen Marden, the niece of Betty Hill and who just wrote Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience with Stanton Friedman.

Kathleen went on to describe in detail Betty's experience and mentioned how Betty described her captures communicated with her.
She explained that even though Betty did say that she understood the aliens in english, the aliens talked with each other in a language that she couldn't understand.

From what Kathleen described I got the impression that they didn't actually 'talk' to Betty. She just understood them in english.

edit: added link to interview

[edit on 7-8-2007 by danx]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Maybe it comes back to evolutionary efficiency being universal. Two forward looking eyes for accurate depth perception and two ears for binaural hearing (helps with distance/direction perception). Upright bipedal stance (2 legs are the minimum for mobility in this position) and 2 arms with hands capable of building weapons/machines and controlling them. The upright stance would require the front end of the alimentary canal (mouth) to be up high to benefit from gravitational assistance in early digestive processes and a movable jaw for chewing etc etc.

Other environmental factors (gravity, light, atmosphere) would determine the type of skin, frequency range of sight and hearing, development of telepathic abilities for communication etc.

I saw an article on the periodic flexure of the human sphenoid bone in the early development of the skull suggesting it's the cause of the progressive change in the shape of the skull and the progression is toward what we percieve as these 'alien' faces. Perhaps they're visitors from this world in a far future time.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Barney's description:

Barney described the creatures as generally similar to Betty's hypnotic, not dream recollection. However, he described their eyes as being much larger, extending even to the sides of their heads. The creatures often stared into his eyes, said Barney, with a terrifying, mesmerizing effect. Under hypnosis, Barney said things like, "Only the eyes are talking to me" (Clark 291) and "All I see are these eyes... I'm not even afraid that they're not connected to a body. They're just there. They're just up close to me, pressing against my eyes." (Clark 291)

wikipedia

In the same hypnosis session in which Barney drew the wraparound eyes, there is this exercise in confusion: Yes. They won't talk to me. Only the eyes are talking to me. I-I-I-I don't understand that. Oh-the eyes don't have a body. They're just eyes..." (Interrupted Journey, p. 124)

source

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Because THEY Came From Here

Or maybe Because THEY Came From Within

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Saying that aliens look like creatures out of amcient lore doesn't disprove alien life it does the oposite. This means that these aliens have been visiting earth for hundreds of years and these are just ancient records of them explained in a different way.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you take a close look at Roswell, you can conclude that some aliens look exactly like weather baloons !

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Not all of them do, they appeal to the intellect of the individual that encounters them.They are thought waves projected through this screen of the veil, in other layers of existance.A lot of times you might see a sihlouette of one, that is a shadow being, that is seven feet tall, and actually molecularily enhancing his projection, by enveloping a layer closest to our own perception of reality.In all honesty to come into this physical reality, is painfull because it is 'so slow' and dense compared to the light.Lighter spheres or vibrational fields have quicker wavelengths to answers and manifestation.Awareness is a wave and sound and is picked up as a description with the wavelength your in.But a lot of times they meet us half way through, layers of light density.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm not clear on what SOME of you think about this, however I find it particularly interesting that we would believe aliens to have formed eyes, nose, mouth, ears, arms, fingers, legs, toes, all in the same fashion as we? even if they have been developing for millions of years longer than mankind?

Just thought that was particularly interesting. I know that evolution is supposedly "slowed down or stopped" due to technology and the supposed "lack of need" for new evolutionary traits. However with the possibility of some civilizations living longer than a million years growing and thriving i sincerely believe they would go through a sincere amount of organism development through those years. Much UNLIKE our primitive short lived existence as a species.

It's open for debate. I would understand if many of you didn't want to see it from my point of view considering I look at much of society and technology as extremely primitive uses of technology where human civilization stands today.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The humanoid shape of a advanced spieces is realy the path evolution holds to as seen on are planet. It is the most practicle path for evolution to take. forward facing eyes to hunt, a large head for a big brain, and some sort of arms with fingers and thumbs to use tools. Many promonate scientists believe this is the path a planet with simular ecology as ours would take. A planet with H20, gravity and oxygen, would produce a advanced lifeform given time. And there is no reason to not believe it wouldn't take a similar path as humans did given the same environment. Now not to say they would look exactly like us, but the humanoid shape would make sense from our understanding of evolution.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would say if they are real, it is a generic typecast that works well for that bipedal type of creature. For example, a lot of people think apes and bigfoot look too human to shoot - therefore we have similar characteristics because it works for that 'shape'. It's like most fish look similar in shape and function, and most bipedal things have forward facing eyes, ears on the side of the head, etc - so why change something that works?

Aliens seem to be a sensible shape IMO, so it works fine to believe that's generally what they look like to me personally. I'm not saying something like 'The Thing' isn't a sensible type for another planet or galaxy, because i've never been there and don't know if that would help but I guess that the aliens planet is not inherently that different to ours to have evolved a similar shape and range of functions and organs. I however believe they aren't alien, they either live deep underground/the sea on THIS planet, as their shape and eyes/etc don't seem to be that sensible for space travel, unless they are wearing covering lenses and some sort of suit. Naked and BIG pupils works much better in the dark underground, same with the thin limbs.

IF on the other hand they are synthetic, then it was probably a design committee and theories on what would work best for space life and travel through the stars given the knowledge at the time (say 1920-1940). It's like when people see some dolls that don't look human but are human shaped, I can't think what the word is to describe them, but it makes in unnatural, and more menacing to humans to see a vaguely similar shape, perhaps that's the reason? It makes them more unnatural to us to be the shape they are, given we have such a high standard of ourselves (i.e. we're 'alone' in the universe, we think we know everything, etc).

If they are daemonic or interdimensional, that might be the shape they think is the most sensible, or perhaps we have a natural fear of that shape or was the first thought of the person who invited them in. Some suggestions are that it was Crowley/Parsons/Hubbard who produced the aliens with the rituals they did back in the day, and Crowleys Awaz is the original alien, hence their continued look.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
According to what I read, it is us who look like them, not them who look like us, humams were originally created by the reptilian alien race by mixing the DNA of many alien breeds most notably reptilian and aryan.

In all cases, it's logical and would explain why.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join