It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do all aliens (as we know them) have human faces?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Did aliens interbreed with humans or genetically breed humans to have their DNA inside of us making us intelligent beings? Or are we as humans just apt to see a human face in anything that looks remotely similar?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, the story goes that the humanoid form originated in the constellation lyra and from then split off into many different ET races. However, alot of ET races dont resemble humans in the slightest bit. Its more likely we take after THEM, not the other way around. Here is a link, this is one of the more 'agreed' upon history of our galaxy

www.2012.com.au...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Is it possible that animals that generally have a similar facial configuration to ours are generally predatorial, which is probably linked to 'survival of the fittest'?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hello blowfishdl..

I would ask you what do you think an alien's face look's like ?

Have you ever actually seen a real alien and had a conversation with him/her ? Have you ever had an alien experiance ?

You see when i read thru a thread like this i get the feeling the person who made the thread is looking for something.

What are you looking for blowfishdl ?

Are you looking for others like yourself maybe ? Who could have seen something with a "HUMAN FACE" for example.

Or is it something you have picked up from looking on the web ?

Or are you just wanting to find out how other's feel about the question you asked ?

Maybe you have been upgraded in some way i prefer to use the term upgraded rather than abducted.

And when i say upgraded i dont mean like a personal computer i mean maybe you had thing's taken from you sperm for example.

Maybe you were "upgraded" again and you saw the result's of your sperm being removed i.e an interbred child of your own.

See maybe you made the subconscious idea to make a question in relation to something your part of i.e being abducted. So now your subconscious mind can get an answer and it can carry on working normally and you would have never known the difference ?

Or maybe you just made the thread out of simple wonder and wanted to know........ "Why do all aliens (as we know them) have human faces?"

My answer to your "Q" in simple terms would be......

(WE SEE WHAT THE MIND LETS US SEE)

I enjoyed your title so i hope you enjoyed my reply.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 6-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
Did aliens interbreed with humans or genetically breed humans to have their DNA inside of us making us intelligent beings? Or are we as humans just apt to see a human face in anything that looks remotely similar?

How do you know that Aliens (as you know them) have human faces?
Have you seen any? or is it your assumption that all humans are Aliens.

As far as I know, no one has ever seen an alien.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
No offense to fellow posters when saying this, but OBVIOUSLY I'm not saying I came in contact with one. However all the supposed pictures of them, drawings, sightings, abductions, all have had some similarities. Look at the picture description for this Alien section of the forum. Is that not what most individuals perceive "visitors" to look like?

That is what I mean by "as we know them". Thanks for making that clear.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Did you ever think to cosider that maybe 'we' have alien faces?
Or that there is a certain facial look to a predator (which is a mammal)?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There was actually nothing OBVIOUS about your post you see it was pretty unclear where you stood.

However now you have cleared it up i can say adios amigo (Goodbye Friend!).

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 6-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Did you ever think to cosider that maybe 'we' have alien faces?
Or that there is a certain facial look to a predator (which is a mammal)?

Are you proposing alien lifeforms could also be mammals?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
in my recollection not too many 'hollywood' aliens have human-ish faces

even 'E.T.' was not human-ish, but it was bipedal & had thumbs & and a symmetrical face full of bilogical sensory features (eyes/noseholes/mouth/earholes)

the 'Greys' and their 'cousins from the Roswell crash are imaged to be
fairly human-ish, albiet not of a 'Divinci' model-ratio...
which i guess are the 'aliens having human features' your posting about.

my guess is that the 'Aliens' produced through the military channels.
are a contrived psychological experiment that got a life-of-its-own,
a team most likely found some mutated & undersized corpses that lived
their lives in a sequestered institution away from general society...

the psychologists in the military wanted to test oath takers & security
personnel....and a staged drama was played out with the deep internal
psychologists seeing & following what reactions would develop by having subjects believe they were actually witnessing actual alien/off planet beings (a few surgical augmentations on these deformed human corpses
would easily convince a order obeying soldier they were in the presence of an alien body that was 'recovered' from a 'crash site')

all in the name of Science...

the cover-up -> is mostly about burying the militarys hand in such a grusome and grotesque experiment with grossly deformed humanity
and putting a certain small group of test subjects through the life altering trauma of seeing real life 'Aliens'

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
my guess is that the 'Aliens' produced through the military channels.
are a contrived psychological experiment that got a life-of-its-own,
a team most likely found some mutated & undersized corpses that lived
their lives in a sequestered institution away from general society...

[...]

[sarcasm]
yes... that theory is much more plausible and probable than intelligent life existing somewhere else out there and visiting earth.
[/sarcasm]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, it's a lot easier on the makeup department, not to mention cheaper, to make aliens look like us and speak human languages. I mean, if aliens were made up to look like crabs and speak gibberish, it just wouldn't work. There is a limited budget and a limited amount of time. Just suspend your disbelief for now and enjoy the show.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Well, it's a lot easier on the makeup department, not to mention cheaper, to make aliens look like us and speak human languages. I mean, if aliens were made up to look like crabs and speak gibberish, it just wouldn't work. There is a limited budget and a limited amount of time. Just suspend your disbelief for now and enjoy the show.

Great point, but nowadays with computer graphics we don't have to worry about that anymore. Yet we continue to see more generic aliens produced through the use of CG.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It is because too many people are too lame when it comes to producing movies. CG is cheap and creating a knock-off requires no original creativity.

Not all aliens look humanish, take THE THING for example.

To be honest, it's much more easier to anthromorphosize something than make it entirely original simply due to the limits of creativity and imagination. Generally, almost all the aliens I know have very distinct human features (E.T., xenomorphs, and even the greys).

What are the chances really of something from a different part of space looking like us instead of, like, the blob? Really? I don't find it realistic considering the mass possibilities of evolution to actually believe, or expect, aliens would look anything like us.

So I believe, regardless of what it is, people will try to put a human face on something that is similiar. One grand example of this is the furry fandom :\

[edit on 6-8-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My opinion is the pheonomena generates its basic humanoid form because we are humanoid. I think these forms are influenced by our subconscious or collective unconscious. It funny how "aliens" never look alien. No ones ever been abducted by some being similar to something out of the Cthulhu Mythos or HG Wells. Its all things that sound like theyre from Myth, Folktales, and Legends.

The so called Nordics sound like the Nordic Light Elves, Seelie or the Sidhe.
The Greys are like Goblins, Hobgoblins, Kobolds, Unseelie or Dark Elves.
The Saurian/Reptilian things sound just like Serpent Folk and Nagas.

There is also another one not often included with UFO lore, the Ogres and Trolls which today is like the Sasquatch and Yeti.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't call the look of a grey extraterrestrial "human". Humanoid in structure, but by no means actually human. Skunks and iguanas have the same basic structure but are not the same species.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Frith]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

I think man's "idea" of what aliens look like spring from our innate need to project humanity on everything around us. We simply don't know what we don't know.

Think about it. The human brain is indeed hard wired to see humanity in everything, it was a survival trait back in the day, and a survival trait to this day in infants.

While no one can imagine what life on other planets will look like, it is reasonable to believe they have similar senses as us, similar ability to manipulate thier environment, etc. So it's not a far stretch to project a little human form on them.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
As far as I know, no one has ever seen an alien.

Phil Schneider did. He was shot by one, he had the scars to prove it!
But I guess you think PS was a fraud right? Seriously, if you don't believe in this stuff, then you shouldn't be here. You're just trolling threads. It isn't a good look.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I suppose the ET' s you hear people describing in abductions stories all have humanoidish faces, the simple fact is that no - one has conclusive proof of what an ET looks like, by conclusive i mean photo's and video footage of ET's but it would have to be from an official source (lets say the government did decide on disclosure, not that it will happen, hypothetically though). If it were not from an official source and from someone just posting it on the internet somewhere then even if it were genuine there would still be doubt on a lot of people's mind regarding the photo in question.

Personally i think intelligent alien life, even ET animal life even will be way weirder than we could probably imagine, what if they were silicone based rather that carbon based or something like that?

It would be pretty interesting to see nonetheless

top topics

<<   2 >>

join