It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


dozens of 'orbs?' with 'swirling?' substance inside

page: 1

log in


posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
ok so myself and my friend were at her house taking pictures with a kodak easyshare? digital camera and all of these things showed up.
in the first picture you will see an orb thing with what appears to be a swirling mass inside, you will also see an orb causing a shadow? on the shelf.
in the second picture you will see a hugely large orb thing which is approx 2-3 feet in diameter because the distance from the shelf to the ceiling in about 4 feet or so.
in the third picture you will see an orb thing that is on the left curtain, this orb appears to be green. you will also see many orbs that are on top of each other or so it seems, there is one that seems invisible partially it is on the top right corner of the left curtain. there is some on the tv screen, on the right curtain, and basically they are all over.
being as that her and i dont know what they are we are both open to any guess. they could only be seen on the dig. camera not the naked eye.
we've had lots of guesses such as: pixel burnt out, reflections, water on lens, etc..
they even show up when colors are inverted via ms paint.

links provided to pics at bottom of page1

[edit on 8/6/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
Dust !!
Because of the sensitivity and speed of modern digital cameras things like dust show up as 'orbs'

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:42 AM
1) why did you resize the pics to be so small? i also have a kodak easyshare cam and it takes 4 megapixel images.

2) dust.

sorry to start off on the wrong foot here, but even if there were "swirling" in the orbs, the pictures are WAY too small to be able to make it out.

[edit for punctuation]

[edit on 6-8-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:56 AM
hey no way i didnt resize anything. i saved them to the comp then uploaded to flickr(which apparently resized them)
how can i upload them to the regualr size then? in paint the pixels are like: 2575,2928L x 2574,1340H
whatever that means

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:04 PM
not sure, i haven't used flicker. sorry about the accusation, but i'm sure you can imagine how i assumed it was deliberate. in any case i do still believe that you've got dust. nothing more.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:07 PM
ok here they are again this time hosted by image shack

first image

second image

third image

Edit: Changed HUGE pictures to a link.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by intrepid]

[edit on 8/6/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:11 PM
Those are dust particles. Please read about "orbs" and digital cameras.

Truth behind 'Orbs'

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:36 PM
" Also, if an orb appears to be overlapped by another in-focus object in the picture, it helps proves by inspection that the orb is not out-of-focus dust" as from the site you provided rotoplooker.

in pics 1 and 3, overlapping can be seen.

but overall yes, they still might just be dust.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
i would urge you to take pictures with and without the flash. i'm sure you'll find that the pics with the flash are more prone to orbs. if my camera is focused 20 feet across the room, the flash bouncing off a dust particle 2 feet away will create an orb because it's not in focus. if it's actually something supernatural i doubt you'd need a flash to pick it up.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:56 PM
The teeniest thing caught in a flash can cause these to show up in pictures. I sell fabrics on ebay and when I'm arranging folds etc. (to make it look prettier) I always have orbs in the pics. It's just the dust I'm throwing up.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:02 PM
this is also how you take pictures of the socalled rods. which is just insects flying past the lens when you take the picture.

oh, and its dust on those pictures. You might need to use the vacum cleaner more often..

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:23 PM

Originally posted by scarystuff
this is also how you take pictures of the socalled rods. which is just insects flying past the lens when you take the picture.

Exactly. I was playing with my camera next to a stream a few weeks ago. There were millions of midges hovering over the water and I took some photos with various shutter speeds just to see the varieties of "rods" I could get. LOADS.

new topics

top topics


log in