It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

breaking & unbreaking?! What happened to the Muslims with bomb in Charleston car story?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I really thought that this was going to be a huge story, the proverbial tip of the iceberg over our fears of an impending terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

A story broke during the wee hours of the morning on CNN that police in South Carolina had pulled over a car driven by a small cadre of "Middle Eastern" men and found a collection of explosives. That was followed by news come Sunday morning that the bombs were harmlessly detonated by police and the Feds were looking into this situation, etc., etc.

By Sunday afternoon...nothing. The story just disappeared. No word on a final verdict. No indication of a grand attack planned. Nothing.

In fact, I can find no reference to the story whatsoever on CNN.

I found this on a blog, of all places, that did an admirable job of following the breaking elements of the story.

This just gets stranger. I've been in the news business for nearly a decade, and to simply sweep a story like this -- particularly when CNN owned it on a national level -- under the rug is unprecidented. Why FOX News or MSNBC didn't pick up on it is beyond me as well.

Were they rogue wanna-be terrorists? Maybe, but that's still a story.

For us conspiracy buffs out there: Did the SC police foil one of the legs of a CIA-orchestrated 9/11-lite attack?

mod edit:cap title

[edit on 9/1/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Something isent right, I briefly saw something on CNN last night but it was all just scenes of South Carolina Highway Patrol troopers directing traffic and a reporters voice talking about "the catch".

This is also not on CNN or Fox News top stories. Its not even on Newsmax either .

[edit on 6-8-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I really had to dig to find this. The story was even somewhat buried in the Post & Courier, Charleston's main paper. Read it here.

People who know the students say this is a case of mistaken identification, that the "explosives" were nothing more than fireworks left over from the 4th. From the descriptions earlier, that doesn't jive with me. Plus the Feds are still pending charges, and I think they're trying to sniff out if this is another case of amateur wanna-be terrorism.

[edit on 8/6/2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
I really had to dig to find this. The story was even somewhat buried in the Post & Curiour, Charleston's main paper. Read it here.

People who know the students say this is a case of mistaken identification, that the "explosives" were nothing more than fireworks left over from the 4th. From the descriptions earlier, that doesn't jive with me. Plus the Feds are still pending charges, and I think they're trying to sniff out if this is another case of amateur wanna-be terrorism.

If that is the case and the are wannabes that dosent make them any less dangerous then a "professional terrorist". If anything it actually might make them even worse as they might feel that they have something to prove.

Of course people are going to say its a case of mistaken identity lol, if a good friend of mine was arrested for a similar reason I would be a bit unbelieving as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i remember when they kept finding those strange electronic devices all over boston,and that was HUGE. it was front page news for at least a few days. it turned out to be a marketing ploy. i just visited the fox news web site,and you're right. couldn't find anything about it. somethings definitely fishy here...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
i've heard report that the two are getting (arrained, sp?)
and further news will be released after that legal action....

its expected about 11:30 AM local time CNN will update the case.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
C'mon guys.

There is no story, because there actually is NO STORY here.

This was just more of the same; fear mongering to get your continued support for the war on terror.

Had this been an actual story then it would be all over the news, and George Bush would be on tv saying i told you so...

In this case, it was nothing more than middle eastern college students with fireworks. Be affraid, Be Very Affraid.

To make matters even worse, its the MEDIA. They don't report the news because they feel that every american has the right to get the latest breaking news reports of the day, NO! They report sensationalized news stories because they are a BUSINESS...and their bussiness is selling Commercials...the price of which is based on how many people watch their "news". When their ratings are down, you can expect them to make up some very ridicoulous stories just to get your attention.

Hey, some middle eastern kids were found with fireworks in south carolina... I know, lets get this on the air right now ... "Al-queda in South Carolina with a Car FULL of Explosives!" Yeah that should make the sponsers happy!

STOP GETTING YOUR NEWS FROM THE TV.
Believe NOTHING that you Hear and only 1/2 of what you See.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Maybe it is a dry run??

Like on the airplanes??

Roper

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Even a car crash that blocks an interstate highway is newsworthy enough to make the front page.

While it may not be the event of the decade, it used a lot of manpower and resources and re-routed traffic. You would think that during the summer, when "news" has been slow, this would have drawn more attention.

It's more like the story was squashed, and we're not supposed to think about it any more.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We should know more in a few minutes:

A press conference will be held at the Berkeley County Sheriff's office Monday at 11:30 in the morning.
www.floppingaces.net... /

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
C'mon guys.

There is no story, because there actually is NO STORY here.

This was just more of the same; fear mongering to get your continued support for the war on terror.

Well, it's not fireworks, dude. They're being charged with explosives and they're continuing to act suspicous, with one not wanting to talk and offering contradictory stories....

The two Muslims were exhibiting suspicous activity, including ditching a laptop computer.

Okay, guys, looks like we have a wanna-be attack foiled....

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
information

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The FBI said on Sunday that there was no evidence of a terrorism link in the case of two college engineering students who possessed explosive materials in South Carolina over the weekend.

Here is some info on the story...

AAC

[edit on 6-8-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Come on FBI, are we really suppose to believe the local police are so stupid that they called in the FBI over fireworks?

Mucho fishy!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There is NO story. There never is.

There's never a follow up- because its all planted bull crap.

They pluck people at random for "The big story" then let them go because there is no crime.

I'm going to get propane gas for my tank soon....you may hear about that one in the news too!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
There is NO story. There never is.

There's never a follow up- because its all planted bull crap.

They pluck people at random for "The big story" then let them go because there is no crime.

I'm going to get propane gas for my tank soon....you may hear about that one in the news too!!!

Do you have any proof this is a plant? I have many family members and friends in law enforcement and they would not be a part of any "plant." Local officials discovered this first, then the federal authorities were called in and they are the ones trying to cover it up. How is that a plant? If this was made out to be very serious and the FBI declared it to be a terrorist related activity, you may at least have the makings of a plant. This is being swept under the rug so I don't see how it is a plant.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I live in SC and I was amazed at how little I have heard about this story. In truth most the info I have been able to find has been through ATS. Anyway, I just got home from work and the first thing I see on my homepage was about this story. Here is the latest Now the word is that they had several pipe bombs. I got to be honest, I really wonder how much of this is spin. It amazes me that this story has been so low profile. It just doesn't add up to me and I can not quite put my finger on why.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Ok,

IF they were on the way to a target, or intending to blow something up in the immediate hours.. then they would of detonated as soon as the gig was up and the feds were approaching..
why have your explosives comphiscated and ursevles detained.. just kill em there and then and go fondle your virgins.

which makes me believe they wernt hardcore terrorists.

Secondly,
1 minor attack killing , at most a dozen people would not give the bush admin the leverage it needs to implement its new laws and start lobbing missiles at Iran.

So, Middle eastern?... do we have photos or passports to back up that potentially devestating claim?
What claims as middle eastern these days?

Id say, if they were indeed muslims, they were amateurs 'ie the glasgow attack'

and the government would rather know what they know, who theyve talked to, and when , if ever a bigger more deadly attack is to occur.

Maybe they want to ensure these amateurs succeed in creating enough fear for the new laws.

Maybe they'll just hand them a few barrels of chemicals?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
At the moment its beneficial to BOTH parties for an attack to occur.
Finatical arabs HATE the US Government.
The US Governemnt HATES finatical muslims.
Should the Finatical muslims succeed, they'll give the Americans the war they want.
SHould the Americans get the war they want, they will be defeated by the arabs.

So, obviously... The American govenrment just isnt smart enough to realise that what they want, will end in their demise.

They just havent figured it out yet.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
At the moment its beneficial to BOTH parties for an attack to occur.
Finatical arabs HATE the US Government.
The US Governemnt HATES finatical muslims.
Should the Finatical muslims succeed, they'll give the Americans the war they want.
SHould the Americans get the war they want, they will be defeated by the arabs.

So, obviously... The American govenrment just isnt smart enough to realise that what they want, will end in their demise.

They just havent figured it out yet.

Hate to bust your chops agit8d, but (it's fanatical, by the way) should the Muslims propel us into a wider Mideast War, it's not the Arabs that will defeat us. No military in that region can really defeat us mano y mano. Where the American military machine gets bruised is in the guerilla combat after the fact, hence the quagmire in Iraq.

If someone were to light a fuse and the Mideast went ablaze in war, make no mistake, the U.S. and Israel would dominate that war to no end. No one can match the technology, training, manpower and weaponry of the armed forces.

The risk -- and this is a huge one, full of prophecy and implication -- is such a conflict drawing other military superpowers in, and on the opposing side of us. Russia, with its growing oil-fed economic muscle, and to a lesser extent China -- which is desperate for as many barrels of oil as it can get its hands on -- would most likely go to the aid of Iran. And hence, you'd have a full-blown WWIII.

All-out war, I'm confident we can win. It's an uneasy "peace" that I think the U.S. repeatedly loses....

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I can't wait to see the excuses, and defense that is going to come on this board and from their attorney. Two young, Arab, Muslim males, non-citizens, possibly visa problems, drive from Florida to S.C. with pipe bombs and bomb making materials in their trunk, pulled over speeding in the vicinity of a naval base that has held terrorism suspects, and then shut down and stow their laptop as police officers approach.

Either these two are absolute morons or they were definitely trying to seek approval a believed higher power by attacking the infidels.

I think the only defense the attorneys can come up with would be the stupid, ignorant defense.

Post 9/11 I just don't think that will fly. I bet this story dies out and these boys wind up at Club Gitmo for a little R&R.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join