It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought Bush was going to announce a manned mission to mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
what happened about that? does anyone know, i remember last week or something news articles about Bush was GOING to announce a manned mission to mars and a moon base project. i read a bunch of threads on here talking about it. but has he actually announced it yet?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Next week...stay tuned....

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
thats good, can't wait, what was the point in announcing that he was going to announce the mission, seems a bit wierd, maybe he was testing the waters to see how poeple would react or something.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If you want the news about this and other spacey things, just go to space.com it's a great general interest site for news. (and easy to remember too!)

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I posted this first (I think)- and the release said it was to be announced in the next state of the union address, in Feburary.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
I posted this first (I think)- and the release said it was to be announced in the next state of the union address, in Feburary.

Isn't the state of the union address in January?

Besides, you dont kill two birds with one stone when it comes to good news, he'll keep Mars for a very special press conference.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by Journey

Isn't the state of the union address in January?

Besides, you dont kill two birds with one stone when it comes to good news, he'll keep Mars for a very special press conference.

According to the original story it is to be announced in the state of the union address, and I stand corrected on the date- dunno what I was thinking, been a long day.

This article is very interesting, and was released while all was waiting on the word from Beagle. I found it curious as to the timing- guess it kinda got overlooked here with all the attention to Beagle.

And the trip will only take a couple of months- via a nuclear powered ship.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I hope he lands there in a space plane and he says we don;t have to spend much we have a craft for a few years in secret which can do the job

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What Bush says is a top priority in speechs amounts to a hill of beans.

Those darn SEX TOURISTS from his UN mandate last year are about as close to being caught as Osama.

We'll all be living on Mars before he brings up SEX TOURISM again. What a clown.

"President SAY ANYTHING"

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This story rec'd quite a lot of coverage on BBC1 news both this morning and at lunchtime. There's a link

news.bbc.co.uk...

"President George W Bush is to set out ambitious space exploration plans, which include a permanent base on the moon and a manned mission to Mars.
In a speech on Wednesday, he is expected to announce a $800m boost to Nasa's budget to start the programme.

But critics say such plans will cost a great deal more and that America cannot afford such ambitious ideas.

They also claim Mr Bush is only making the proposals in a bid to boost his re-election chances later this year."

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
yeah he has announced it, but this article doesnt say anything about mars:

www.ananova.com...

i love the quote at the end of this, makes you feel like the world will eventually be united as one... not.

has anyone got a more detailed thing about what the mission is?

new topics

top topics

join