It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul in Des Moines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
A few of my friends and I ventured up to the debate in Des Moines Sunday to show our support for Dr. Paul. I figured that there would be at least a group of people there for each candidate but to my surprise the only candidate I saw represented were Rudy, Mitt and of course Dr. Paul. At one point an ABC reporter strapped me up with a microphone and interviewed us for a while. Heres the video. Well here is a Digg article to the video.

digg.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think it's great that you're out there showing your support for the candidate who best represents your ideals. I also support Ron Paul, but i've yet to show it in any way other than blog entries and postings around the internet.

I think we all need to try and take this wide-spread support on the internet and move that offline. The way to do this is to educate people on the policies of Ron Paul. They have to be aware of what he really does stand for, good or bad.

I personally believe in small government. I don't want to pay taxes when I know it's not being spent the way it should. I don't want to have military bases in 130 nations around the world when we're completely ignoring the atrocities in Darfur and other places with similar horrific situations.

I think it's time we stop lying to ourselves about this nation, and start doing what needs to be done to fix it. Get the government out of your business, off your property, away from the educational system and healthcare. Turn it over to the private sector, non-profit organizations, ANYTHING but the government which has CLEARLY shown an inability to handle the load. They're not going to lighten it, we have to do that for them.

new topics

join