It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do people give a damn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
this has been something ive been tolerant to ignore untill it started getting physical... when people 'piss' all over me because im atheist.
why do they care? it's my personal choice and that will never change no matter how much you try to beat me up... hell i can count the number of people who dont care what religion i am on half a hand and those are my closest friends. half of my co-workers degrade me and are rude to me because they overheard me and a friend talking about my beliefs.

sorry to rant and im wondering whether or not this belongs in that section.

-the king

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You may get more replies if you told people what place in the wourld you live, and what religion are the people that they want you to turn too.

Thats your bag if your an atheist.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
well I think this comes down to basic psychology.

I actually feel YOU give a damn about this and not the other way around.

Why is it bothering you what others think?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
it never bothered me untill they started to actually get physical in otherwords they pick fights with me. beat me up and other things to that area. and im in utah nuff said...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking
they pick fights with me. beat me up and other things to that area. and im in utah nuff said...

well that isn't on at all.

Any behavior like that you need to just turn around and walk away from.

That is a very hard thing to do at times. But you are a better person for it. Or have the person charged by the police, no one has the right to assault you in that manner because you have a different belief. If these believers are 'beating you up' then that is a very strange way to recruit people!

Oh perhaps move from Utah!! lol
The upside if you do relent, you can have heaps of wives in Utah or so I have read. One for every night of the week. If you are female...then move asap. lol

Your name is very big...actually affects the screen layout.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
because those that believe the irrational can't understand how you can live purely off of logic and reason.

[edit on 8/6/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

If you are female...

lol with name that has king involved XD lol im about as male as they come

Any behavior like that you need to just turn around and walk away from.

yeah that's what i do most of the time or i remind them that the area we're in has alot of police in the area which is true so they tend to back off but the few times that doesnt work i send in my little report to the police.

Your name is very big...actually affects the screen layout.

howso? it seems to fit fine with me...

[edit on pmpMon, 06 Aug 2007 14:31:16 -0500/02/91 by adamiskthespacepirateking]

[edit on pmpMon, 06 Aug 2007 19:35:15 -0500/02/91 by adamiskthespacepirateking]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, when you come to a FAITH AND SPIRITUALITY forum and try to argue against what others believe, what else do you expect... Why do you care if someone believes in God? And don't say that you don't because all of the atheists on this forum have made it all too clear that they care too much about whether someone believes in God or not.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, when you come to a FAITH AND SPIRITUALITY forum and try to argue against what others believe, what else do you expect... Why do you care if someone believes in God? And don't say that you don't because all of the atheists on this forum have made it all too clear that they care too much about whether someone believes in God or not.

umm maybe i should just have this moved to the rant forum i dont care if you beleive in god and it's true because it's your choice and this is the first time ive ever even been to the faith and spirituality forum.

i didnt come here to argue what others beleive you missed my point and went the opposite way man. i came to basiclly rant about how all the churchgoers try to get violent because i wont go to church and beleive in god.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking

i didnt come here to argue what others beleive you missed my point and went the opposite way man. i came to basiclly rant about how all the churchgoers try to get violent because i wont go to church and beleive in god.

Because you won't go to church?
Hell, I don't go to church either.
AND I'M a Theist.

Yeah, I did turn it around because you posted this in a FAITH AND RELIGION forum. However, even if you would have posted it in the rant forum, I probably would have asked you the same question.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

join