It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mammoth skull with clumps of hair found in texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Texas A&M researchers have even talked of cloning the mammal.

Jeff Goldblum unavailible for comment.

abcnews.go.com...

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by fortean]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The skull of a woolly mammoth unearthed here has been tentatively dated to an age of 38,000 years, paleontologists say.

38,000 years...why does that number seem so familar...Oh I remember now. The mayan calander is about that old an renews on 2012.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The mayan calander is 38,000 years old? Why? What possible use could they have for a calander which pre-dates their civilization by so many many years?!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
get to the cloning! i want a pet mammoth

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
YEAH i want my BaMammoth (baby mammoth that wont grow bigger than a cow)

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
38,000 years...why does that number seem so familar...Oh I remember now. The mayan calander is about that old an renews on 2012.

That doesn't make any sense? Why did a mayans invent a calender that keeps track of the past?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
maybe they had archeoligists, sorry for sad spelling its late and im tired and cant be arsed to go look it up in dictionary.

We have calanders for the past too, so why not them, maybe it was used to track star positions.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You all have it wrong, don't you see?!

It's so obvious, why else would one need to keep track of the past...come on....ok times up!

They must have been time traveling! Why else?

Seriously, if the Egyptians can have batteries why can't the Myans have time travel. Better yet, perhaps the batteries found in Egypt were the power sources for the Myan devices.

Ok, sorry for the hijacking, I just couldn't not put that on the table. This is ATS after all.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The myan calander is suposidly, suposed to track the cycle earth and the entire solar system takes to make one revolution within our galixy. Just as the earth revolves around the sun so does the solar system revolve around another axis, which just happens to be joined with several other solar systems. Some of our alien friends live on them. Gee i wonder where the Myans got their calander idea from. Also some of earths religion discuss the serpent swallowing it's tail. Sort of looks like our own galixy as the edge has a segment which looks uncanyly like what I just described.

Expand your level of thinking my friends. Much of what we have on this earth comes from out there. Except of course George Bush. Hopefully he won't ruin humanities chance of getting out there.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
You all have it wrong, don't you see?!

It's so obvious, why else would one need to keep track of the past...come on....ok times up!

They must have been time traveling! Why else?

Seriously, if the Egyptians can have batteries why can't the Myans have time travel. Better yet, perhaps the batteries found in Egypt were the power sources for the Myan devices.

Ok, sorry for the hijacking, I just couldn't not put that on the table. This is ATS after all.

And just what were those batteries used for? Queen nefeterries love toy?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
ancient dildos! wo, this thread sure changed subject fast

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
[That doesn't make any sense? Why did a mayans invent a calender that keeps track of the past?

They didn't. And the number doesn't even match with the Long Count or other Aztec cycles.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
The myan calander is suposidly, suposed to track the cycle earth and the entire solar system takes to make one revolution within our galixy.

Wrong culture, I'm afraid... that would be the Hindu. And the Mayan calendar COULD be used to track the cycle that Earth and the solar system takes to make one revolution within our galaxy -- as can every other calendar known to mankind.

Like the calendar we use today.

Or the Jewish calendar.

Or the Arabic calendar.

In fact, you could use the calendars invented by Tolkien in the Lord of the Rings to do it.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
?? what colour/hue were those 40 strands of hair??

RED, Charcoal, ASH??

old science textbooks depicted the wooley mamouths as being a reddish-brown haired

the columbia mammoth might have ASHen hair (to reflect the greater ammount of sunshine)??
***thats all the Pseudo-Science i can inject***

enjoy the journey
& behave along the way

new topics

top topics

join