It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Comming of the Ubermensch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
For those of you familiar with the whole mayan calendar end of the world theory and the book Thus Spoke Zarathustra or Friedrich Nietzsche in general, I would like to propose the following theory/prediction/whatever:

As some of you may know, the mayans didnt believe in an end of time, they believed everything was cyclic, therefore there is no end of the world (according to them anyway). They did believe that in 2012 that there would be a change in people and conscience in general. So, maybe this change will be the comming of the ubermensch, and people will start to see things through more earth-based eyes, as opposed to the religion influenced laws and social stigmas we have today.

just a thought is all.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Are you suggesting a sudden change at 2012, or like an overall gradual change.

Because i can't see a shift in consciousness happening. ever. Explain how such a change happens to begin with.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
uh, the comming of the ubermensch. thats what happens. so i guess gradual, because at first there will only be one ubermensch, but then again, the ubermensch could also be alive right now, and make everyone aware of the shift in conscience in 2012, so i guess either way.

maybe im the ubermensch

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
worldwide paradigm shift?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What if 2012 does signify a sort of huge change in a sense of new world order, and globalization? Just the opposite of what you're suggesting. Because the ignorance of the people suggests to me that what you are saying is impossible.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
several things to say here.

first, yes i realize people are stupid. very stupid. but only the stupid are inslaved. hopefully the comming of the ubermensch will relinquish the stupid from the grips of religion, and they too will evolve along with the rest of us, thus thwarting the efforts of the NWO.

secondly, i would like to quote the book directly:
" 'I change too quickly: my today refutes my yesterday. I often skip steps when I climb: no step forgives me that. When I am at the top I always find myself alone. No one speaks to me, the frost of solitude makes me tremble. What do I seek on the height? My contempt and my longing increase together; the higher I climb, the more I despise the climber. What does he seek on the height? How ashamed I am of my climbing and stumbling! How i mock at my violent panting! How I hate the flier! How tired I am on the height!' Here the youth was silent. And Zarathustra contemplated the tree beside which they stood and spoke thus: 'This tree stands lonely here in the mountains; it grew high above man and beast. And if it wanted to speak it would have none who could understand it: so high has it grown. Now it waits and waits--for waht is it waiting? It dwells too close to the seat of the clouds: surely it waits for the first lightning?'"

third, ever hear of herd behavior or collective conscience?

[edit on 6-8-2007 by noobmonster]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well, I guess i can only hope that an age of enlightenment is ahead, yet I find the prospect too idealistic.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
well we can all play a small part in giving it a nudge at least.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

show it to your christian friends, help them see the truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobmonster
well we can all play a small part in giving it a nudge at least.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

show it to your christian friends, help them see the truth.

But who's truth are you referring to? Your Truth is my lies and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well speaking hypothetically, it would be the truth if there was a coming of the "ubermencsch".

A universal enlightenment, and your truth would turn into the truth. After being enlightened.

Wikipedia
Once man has undergone the process of denying God ('Omnis determinatio est negatio'), he begins a journey towards becoming Übermensch. The humans are alone and, contrary to absolving themselves of responsibility by positing a deity, they must create their own new moral ideals.

In establishing new ideals, man now does not rank them according to transcendental aspects ("Where from" and "What for") because this would again aim towards beyond.

Instead, there are no absolute ideals any more but only an interpretation of them in which moral ideals are the most important ones.

Just in case you haven't read up on this before.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm a very good (some would say excellent) BAD Catholic.

I believe that my God is the same God that created those that worship via other faiths. Just use some common sense, faith is not required. Why would God create a bunch of "heathens" just to have his "chosen" extinguish them (because they don't believe in Him)????!!!! A perfect being would have no need of such egomaniacal malice.

Maybe I'm a sort-of uber-believer then. I believe that when God comes again (or Jesus, if you're listening), he/she/it will be so omnipotent and all-wise as to be able to fulfill all prophecy among all all religions. Of course I don't know HOW, I'm not God....but that's the kind of God I believe in.

Maybe it's a 2012 thang? I'd like to believe that, really...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by atriana

I believe that my God is the same God that created those that worship via other faiths. Just use some common sense, faith is not required. Why would God create a bunch of "heathens" just to have his "chosen" extinguish them (because they don't believe in Him)????!!!! A perfect being would have no need of such egomaniacal malice.

What are you talking about? We aren't talking about any religion. Just a description of someone who would open up everyones minds, and help them over come religion. So that we could flourish as a society.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

As some of you may know, the mayans didnt believe in an end of time, they believed everything was cyclic, therefore there is no end of the world (according to them anyway). They did believe that in 2012 that there would be a change in people and conscience in general.

So, maybe this change will be the comming of the ubermensch,

@: members.shaw.ca...

No Maya text actually tells us explicitly what the Mayas believed would transpire in 2012 AD....
but according to the Books of Chilam Balam, "Kulkulcan"
will return (
come a 2nd time)...

you might say 'Ubermensch"
the Maya calander seers/shamans say the "Kulkulcan' will return
we might look at the 1st Kulkulcan as being the overthrow of the Maya Cosmology by the Christians conquerors of Spanish soldiers & priests....

now the 2nd Kulkulcan (return of 2012),
might very well be the replacement of the Christanity paradigm & consciousness by the new paradigm/God/consciousness...
and the current overthrower we know of today is Islam....
are you all ready for that type of shift of consciousness??

just a thought

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
you guys never read the book have you.

ubermensch isnt a god >_

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

As some of you may know, the mayans didnt believe in an end of time, they believed everything was cyclic, therefore there is no end of the world (according to them anyway).

I can't think of any where in any text where the complete annihilation of the earth is mentioned. It certainly isn't done in the Holy Bible. It speaks of cataclysmic events to end the present world system, but there is no mention of the world literally coming to an end.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
huh

im talking about how everyone thinks the end of the world is comming in 2012 because of they mayan calendar, and how the mayans didnt actually think there was an end to the world and that they thought there were cycles of things and as the calendar came to an end, a new "age" starts

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

huh

im talking about how everyone thinks the end of the world is comming in 2012 because of they mayan calendar, and how the mayans didnt actually think there was an end to the world and that they thought there were cycles of things and as the calendar came to an end, a new "age" starts

And I am saying that I think they are correct
It falls in line with the texts of most other faiths

[edit on 7-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
When I was younger and backpacking the United States in search for meaning and self - I passed upon a very wise older gentlemen who told me this :

"All are called, and all are chosen, but few have courage to stand up and walk the path."

Perhaps your ubermench theory pertains to those who are actively SEEKING a higher conciousness, or a greater and more spiritual path of living...

I could see such happening - and those who have no interest in higher callings would be left where they are while the rest of humanity marches forward.

Just two cents.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES

I could see such happening - and those who have no interest in higher callings would be left where they are while the rest of humanity marches forward.

Just two cents.

That's basically what I see occurring. Of course, those who would not see man advance spiritually are going to fight to keep us from obtaining it. The next 4-5 years are going to be fairly rough,I think.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So, maybe this change will be the comming of the ubermensch, and people will start to see things through more earth-based eyes, as opposed to the religion influenced laws and social stigmas we have today.

just a thought is all.

You're talking about a materialistic mindset. I don't think society can or should become any more materialistic than it already currently is. I really don't understand your point. We already live in a world that is grossly materialistic... I hope for a return to the spiritual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join