It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep disorder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
over the last few years, i sometimes wake up during the night, look what time it is and put my head back on the pillow and fall instantly asleep, only to wake up what feels like a few seconds later and it is something like 8am in the morning, so several hours have passed in what feels like a few seconds.

when i wake after this has happened i always feel really tired like i never actually went back to sleep, and it really is annoying.

is this normal?

(sorry its a kinda bad explanation)

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am no doctor but It doesn't sound bad...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
No, it doesn't sound too bad. At least you're not up all night staring at the clock, wishing for sleep. And you said 'sometimes', so it's not a constant thing. I've had that happen to me a few times, though it didn't really bother me. It was... sleep.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Cleggy, that happens to alot of people. One way to get rid of it, or at least make it feel like more time has passed is to remove the clocks. Turn around your alarm and get rid of anything that will let you know how much time really has passed.

Either that or the bed gnomes are #ing with you.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
im not saying that its bad, its just really annoying and it feels like ive had no sleep at all,so i wake up as tired as when i went to bed.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've experienced that several times. Personally, I hate it, because I lay my head on the pillow to go to bed, fall asleep, and my alarm is blaring telling me it's time to go to work. Hate it hate it hate it, seems like no time has passed.

However, the best nights (in my opinion) are when I go to bed, and have a dreamless sleep, just restful blackness, and wake up what feels like days later, often before the alarm even goes off. I like those nights

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I've experienced that several times. Personally, I hate it, because I lay my head on the pillow to go to bed, fall asleep, and my alarm is blaring telling me it's time to go to work. Hate it hate it hate it, seems like no time has passed.

However, the best nights (in my opinion) are when I go to bed, and have a dreamless sleep, just restful blackness, and wake up what feels like days later, often before the alarm even goes off. I like those nights

i hardly ever have dreams, well they say u always have dreams just dont always rememer them, in that case i hardly ever have dreams i remember.

maybe one dream a month or something

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I agree. Those are the best nights of sleep. It's wonderful to wake up feeling totally refreshed. Sometimes I'll wake up with that feeling after only 4 hours, but then when you get 8 hours of normal sleep, it's just kinda blah.

I can usually recall at least one dream when I wake up, sometimes more, but then go through periods where I don't remember them at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
you might want to talk to your doctor about sleep apnea, if you wake up tired after a whole nights sleep you could be having soem breathing problems..

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
you might want to talk to your doctor about sleep apnea, if you wake up tired after a whole nights sleep you could be having soem breathing problems..

i have asthma, although that only bothers me when ive done lots of running.

it happened again last night, i woke at about 1am, put my head on the pillow and blinked, when my eyes opened again, it was 8pm, and i was just as tired as i was at 1am

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
lol maybe you're being abducted by aliens every night when you wake up!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

lol maybe you're being abducted by aliens every night when you wake up!

amusing, but not very helpful!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
that happens with a lot of people, me included. Try going to bed a little earlier or taking a sleep sedative and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sounds like it could be sleep apnea to me. You should see your doctor and find out about having a sleep study done.

If the results of the sleep study show that you do indeed have sleep apnea, you may be able to get better sleep with the assistance of a C-PAP machine. It is like a little oxygen mask you wear over your nose while you sleep. The machine gently forces warm, humidified air into your nose/lungs as you sleep, and eventually your body learns to breath "in concert" with the machine. The results are that you almost never wake up while sleeping, allowing the necessary cellular regeneration that your body needs ever night.

People I know have used this machine and tell me they will never sleep another night without it, it works that good.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Sounds like it could be sleep apnea to me. You should see your doctor and find out about having a sleep study done.

If the results of the sleep study show that you do indeed have sleep apnea, you may be able to get better sleep with the assistance of a C-PAP machine. It is like a little oxygen mask you wear over your nose while you sleep. The machine gently forces warm, humidified air into your nose/lungs as you sleep, and eventually your body learns to breath "in concert" with the machine. The results are that you almost never wake up while sleeping, allowing the necessary cellular regeneration that your body needs ever night.

People I know have used this machine and tell me they will never sleep another night without it, it works that good.

it doesnt happen every night though, although i always wake up in the middle of the night a few times and am always knackered when i get up, mite try the going to bed earlier thing, and doing more exercise than just rugby

if that doesnt work, then i think i mite speak to my doctor, thanks for the advice

new topics

top topics

join