It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret and your place in it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Late at night, early in the mornings, here on Above Top Secret there is alot of time, alot of energy, effort, and intention put in to the forums. We as a community spend so much time tring to 'prove this' or 'disprove that'; we attempt to bring information about our world that moves us to the attention of others; we educate ourselves, and become the education. Many of us feel like we are about to fall away into oblivion; many of us feel like we are about to reach the stars. Some are fearful; some are hopeful. Somewhere in all these divergent personalities there is a binding thread that has brought us here to Above Top Secret. In order to better understand my fellow board members I am starting this thread about what motivates us to bring ourselves to this site day after day. So here are a few basic questions; in your answering we may arrive at a new understanding of one another allowing for better communication, better information, and overall, a healthier perspective of ourselves and the world we live in.

What brought you to ATS?

Why do you continue to visit this site?

What is really. really important to you?

What do you hope to give to ATS?

What do hope to recieve from ATS?

Is there anything else you would like to add?

To those interested in this thread I encourage you to respond. Also if you think of additional questions that should be part of this topic, please post them. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
1. I originally came to ATS because every so often I would come across a link to this site while reading or watching videos on other sites.

2. So many people here have great minds. I enjoy listening to (reading) the many different interpretations that people have of the many diverse topics on ATS.

3. Being able to get a different angle on current events, you know, beyond what the mainstream media will talk about. Exchange of ideas is important when dealing with current events, not simply absorbing what you are told by one outlet.

4. Hopefully, I might occasionally bring something thought provoking or insightful to the table.

5. But, selfishly, I aim to take in a whole lot more from the many interesting and intelligent people here. Also, it is great being able to pick through all of the creative theories here and come up with your own theories based on the evidence and ideas of so many others.

6. That's all for now, thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What brought me to ATS?
I was google searching various conspiracies and NWO stuff.ATS just kept popping up.Took me two days of lurking and reading to sign on.

Why do I continue to visit?
Iam so completely addicted to being here.This is the first site I check everyday for news from around the world.That IMO is one of the best things about ATS.You can network with people and get info from around the world.

What is really important to me?
Finding out as much TRUTH as possible amidst all the fiction put out there.

What do I hope to give ATS?
That's a tough one.All I can do is research to the best of my ability and share what I find, therefore denying ignorance.

What do I hope to receive from ATS?
Well I can only hope that whatever you put out in the world comes back to you 10 times over.The last thing I want is to be an ignorant sheep.

Is there anything else I would like to add?

Yes.There are many good contributors here on ATS that definitely deserve recognition.I could not possibly list them all.Many thanks to the Three Amigos for starting ATS and giving us all a place to come together.Keep up the good work and let's hope for many years of denying ignorance together.
AccessDenied

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
1. What brought you to ATS?
I was looking for information on UFOs, got a link from someone on another UFO forum to check out ATS. Came here and never went back. (there were too many weirdos and trolls on the other one, creating lots of chaos, making it difficult to gain any useful information.)

2. Why do you continue to visit this site?
Lots of great minds on this site, seems better regulated than other sites, making it easier to read information/views that I sort for.

3. What is really. really important to you?
Truth from the lies.

4. What do you hope to give to ATS?
To share my thoughts and views with others as they have shared them with me. To enrich others as they have enriched me.

5. What do you hope to recieve from ATS?
Alternative, different Information/Views from the offical ones.

6. Is there anything else you would like to add?
They should extend the log in period, sites like yahoo.mail have an option that allow users to be automatically logged in for two weeks which is extended again each time the user visits, freeing frequant users the hassel of logging into the site from the same location each visit.

This option can be disabled if the computer from the same location is being shared or if the user just wishes to manually log in each time.

Some sites allow users to be permantly logged in if desired.

I hope that they will include such a feature soon.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
What brought you to ATS?

To those interested in this thread I encourage you to respond. Also if you think of additional questions that should be part of this topic, please post them. Thank you.

1. Keyword searching on the endtimes.

2. ONly to learn, apparently I knew little before coming here.

3. I imagine everyone has their own story to share but I'm interested in a more hassle free society. One time my lisence got taken due to a traffic violation and when I went to get them back, I went to the location I was supposed to go and they told me I need to go to another location. Well when I got there they told me to go back where I started. Keep in mind each time I went took a considerable amount of time waiting. I reckon after about an hour I got them back at the original location where I first stopped.

How many thousand unnecessary hassles are there like that?

4. Only an improved more learned person.

5. I am only interested in truth.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

What brought you to ATS?

the Topics and people on ATS

because i always have the urge to reply to Islmaophobic topics
where people post BS and because i have the urge

Nothing

over the last 3 years my knowledge on my faith to give others a better under standing

not being singled out and lots of Points

a Block ATS button which acts a necotine and stops the user from going ON ATS for a few hours, to adicting :bash:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What brought you to ATS?

1.) I was on YAHOO! searching for some YF-23 Black Widow pics for a project and... I clicked one of the links and it was ATS! I signed up right away... I was addicted to ATS.

2.) I continue to visit ATS because of it various topics and it's very addicting!

3.) Like I said before, all of the various topics on ATS.

4.) I hope to give ATS a new point of veiw on topics...

5.) I want to be a MOD!!! LOL

6.) I have nothing else to add... Right now...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

What brought you to ATS?

I was on Yahoo looking up things about what Humanity would evolve into if we continued to for a million years.

Because ATS is one of the greatest websites there is, because I like to share what I learn with others and because whenever go more than 3 days without visiting ATS I starts suffering from withdrawals.

What is really, really important to you?

Loads of things, but I suppose you mean on ATS, in which case Sci/Tech, the environment and learning and educating others.

My opinions on subjects, the truth.

A .gov domain when I'm president.

What do you hope to recieve from ATS?

I'm not sure, I suppose peoples opinions and further knowledge on certain subjects.

Umm, I can't think of anything else.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
What brought you to ATS?

I'm no longer sure. I may have visited almost two years ago, through a chain of links from a site I no longer recall. I know I visited last summer, looking to see if anyone shared a paranormal experience I'd had recently. I then lost this site... and in February, came back and decided to join.

I keep coming back because I genuinely enjoy this site. It's a community of people who are like me in intelligence and interests, but different enough to bring things to my attention that I never thought of before.

Also, I come back because of my "dark half". I'm usually quite skeptical in real life and on other fora, but there's just something about ATS that unleashes the part of me that's never going to be satisfied with answers I don't get myself or from those I trust.

What is really, really important to you?

Here on ATS? Science/Tech topics -- science is my major interest in real life, and ATS gives me the other sides to the story -- and being able to speak my piece. Because of my age and gender, I don't receive a terrible amount of attention out in the real world. Online, all you see of me are my words and my avatar. If you respect or disrespect me, it's because of what I've said. I like that.

I hope to give an opinion which draws on my stores of knowledge and which also isn't restrained by what I have been taught in school. An opinion that uses information to prove points, and shows new information.

What do you hope to receive from ATS?

I hope to gain new knowledge here.

No.

new topics

top topics

join