It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unseasonably cool summer? Anyone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
So this is all very interesting that a large amount of us are experiencing cooler summer climates. Yes here in the valley of Los Angeles our summer starts in like May and runs into Xmas. Usual summer temps here are about 95-105 and its only hit that high a few days in July. Last year on July 2nd and most of that month is was over 100 everyday.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by favouriteslave]

Yeah, we're just now starting to experience temps in the mid to upper 90s here in Waco.. Kind of strange, really.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I live in Scotland and as you all probably know, we really do get four seasons in one day. However the weather is definitely changing. We haven't had much of a summer here so far, the wind the last couple of weeks has been really cold, it feels like winter one minute, tropical breeze the next. Other days when there's a gap in the clouds and the sun gets through it's unbelievably hot. This year is like 2001 when there was hardly a summer to talk about & you've probably all heard about the floods in England & more recently Aberdeen. I've always been a weather watcher. Over the last few years we've had roses in the middle of winter & been outside in our T-shirts in Dec & Jan. More interesting (for me) is my very first sighting of diamond dust. We had that in January 2001 and then again, earlier this year too. It actually took me five years to find out what it was because I've never seen it in my life, (I thought it was some sinister fallout). According to some weather sites I've visited diamond dust only forms at temperatures of -40. It definitely wasn't -40 on the ground so I think if the -40 is correct then it must have gotten really cold UP there (above our heads) on these occasions. Anyone else seen that?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I live in Anaheim CA and I have had this conversation with a fair amount of people. Their answer is almost always that it has been significantly cooler this summer. The skies are cloudy every morning till about 10 am. If you’re not familiar with southern California weather in past years it's been 80-90 degrees out by six in the morning, and there’s never any overcast. Now it tops that temp at like noon. I wore a freakin jacket to work yesterday!!! My family lives in San Diego and I go down there frequently. I also find my self in LA and Riverside often. Where ever I go it's a nice day out. Not that I'm complaining, it's nice not being burnt to a crisp everyday. But it's just bizarre.

I'm curious to see more people from southern California post and hear what they have to say.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Its 90-95 here and with the humidty, the heat index is around 110. Its freaking miserable. Feels like a Florida swamp. In the winter, we had blizzards. Hate to say it, but "global warming"... bah.. communists

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
60-65 around Kepler. A little cloudier than usual, but a mostly average summer so far

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, in Wyoming it has been much better this year than it was last year or the year before.

We had temperatures reach 100 maybe for two days. For the rest of the time we have had temps from around 88-95 at noon. The mornings are always cool in the 50s and 60s, and so are the nights.

Our summer this year started kind of late too, about a month late.

The one thing is that we have had lots and lots of rain, and thunderstorms. Sometimes they appear out of nowhere. We have lost power 3 times so far due to the thunderstorms. Some weeks we had rain every day, which is a respite from the normal weather which should have been dry and hotter.

The scenery all over my area is green and lush. It has been a lot more beautiful than it was the past two years on summer over here due to the rain.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
were you one of those towns on the lake that had snow for a week straight?

Yeah. I live pretty close to the Great Lakes, so we got a massive amount of lake effect snow.

<< 1   >>

join