It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Graffitti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I notice some interesting markings on the main girder of a train viaduct (sp) in our area. We live near the tracks and I have seen some beatutiful graffitti most of it spellng out messages with words. On the top is a Pheonix bird and below that a female figure from neck up in red, very basic linear features. Under that is an identical figure in blue. This doesn't look like graffitti ive seen before. There seems to be a lot of activity in our area...including military copters and planes. Also lights and people working in a hospital that was shut down years ago due to supposed black mold. Im wondering if the figures are symbolic in anyway or related to the blue list red list concept. What do you think? Maybe Im just blowing something little out of proportion, but it all seems odd to me. My husband is taking a photo and will post tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You never know. I will watch for the post of the pictures.

It is strange that in history one sees many instances where small things, like this idea, turn out to have the most significance later on.

And then other times it's just life.

I wait to see.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
it could even be symbolic meaning something will happen in Phoenix AZ, and all those within the area will be burned(Red) those outside will get poisoned by the fallout(blue) just a shot in the dark

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
hmmm i was just reading this, maybe it is some type of foreshadowing....
Flight of the phoenix perhaps the red is martian, and blue is Earthling.... once again a stab in the dark.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Here is the photo. I guess it's not a pheonix afterall. When you get up close it says Monkey Bird. What doesn't seem like usual graffiitti is the red and blue female figures. It's probably nothing, just my imagination working overtime.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by ChristyZ]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Just looks like a flying monkey from The Wizard Of Oz and a young woman's face, each done with stencils.

Why? Who knows what in the minds of these kids today.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That is a rather odd set of markings. And Spork is right, you just can't tell what is in people's minds nowdays.

I've never heard of this monkeybird, but I must say that it is a good label for modern humans. (The offspring of monkeys, via evolution, and we are capable of flying.)

Maybe the red and blue females show a kinship with Lady Liberty, in a very modern way, and the whole Dem/Rep election thing.

Then the message reads "Modern humans can/should rise above the two party system." So maybe it's the Independent Ticket in '08.

That's the best the Oracle of Arkansas can do on the first cup of coffee.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't know if this is in anyway related but a quick google search showed this:

Urban Dictionary

Apparently there is a notorious vandal that paints flying monkeys throughout Detroit's urban landscapes.

The tag Monkeybird is also associated with skateboarding (as usually are these graffitis). (monkeybird.co.uk...)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
hmm that's interesting. I live half hour south of Detroit...downriver and have never heard of this villain. My husband grew up in SW Detroit and he has never seen or heard of this either. I am going to do more checking though. Thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
[edit on 6-8-2007 by ChristyZ]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's just stencil graffiti which is actually looked down upon by regular graff artists, I wouldn't worry about it. I see it here all the time and even I think it's a little lazy.

I'm probably the only one who will remember this but a monkeybird is also a species from the cartoon "Pirates of Dark Water"

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am not sure of the exact "artists", or whether that is in fact 'monkeybird' or whatever. But it is indeed 'stencil graffiti' and it is doubtful that there is much more to it than someone trying to 'culture jam' with their own images. If you are interested here is a link to more 'strange graffiti' and the cutting edge of street art worldwide. Please ignore any ads per the TOS, I am not sure if there are any...

Wooster Collective

I imagine many of the themes these artists are discussing with their work can be related to those here at ATS.

Enjoy
DocMoreau

top topics

join