It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relaunched Member Upload Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As part of our server upgrade and overall performance acceleration, we've transitioned the hosting of our site images to our new media hosting service with CacheFly.com.

Today, the transition of the member upload feature to CacheFly.com is also complete.

Previously, there were hot-linking limitations on the files you uploaded -- they were accessible only from our domains. Now, with this new service, that restriction has been removed. You can upload files to your ATS upload space and use them anywhere on the web (within reason... if we see massive bandwidth usage for one member image, we'll want to have a chat with you).

With this new more extensive service comes a couple changes.

Post Count Restriction: With the new wide-open linking policy, we're limiting the upload service to members with 25 or more posts.

Path Changes: Previously, the URL of your uploaded files where UPLOADS.ABOVEOPSECRET.COM, the new URL is now: ATSMEDIA.CACHEFLY.NET/UPLOADS/. We're automatically altering old links, but please make sure you use the new URL for new images you upload.

That's it. Enjoy.

(Please note that uploaded files may not immediately be available on the CacheFly servers. It may take up to 45 seconds for your uploaded file to appear.)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanks Sol!

I have one request though. Would you consider assigning a couple of Mods to walk us through how the site works? For example, one of my posts could really use a photo of a western cottonmouth, my post was about a run in with one, but I couldn't find the current instructions on how to do so. Also in my signature my links to youtube are in two lines when I have seen that the title and link could be merged, but I can't find the instructions to do so. What you're suggesting here is far in advance of what I've been doing on the site, but eventually I hope to benefit from it, much sooner if some Mods help us.

Thanks so much for all the perks here at ATS, just gotta teach us 12 o'clocks, lol.

STM

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If you click the button above, you'll find this helpful section:
Uploading

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't know if this is still a work in progress, but my signature image is broken.
I'm getting a file not found page, and noticed that there is one too many backslashes in the url. I can view my image if I remove one / , but instead of automatically opening in a page, I'm being prompted to open or save it instead.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Rather than opening a link, it does prompt you to download. Which does create a problem, because if you are looking for the link to change your avatar, it may be slightly confusing to find the link.

To get past this, just right click on the link itself and go to properties. It should then give you a URL that you can copy and paste.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Have you tried to edit your signature in the member center?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm going to try that and I'm sure it will fix the problem, but wanted to point out that the double // are preventing the automatic transition to the new URLs . The images I have in my member center are the same, too many backslashes.

nope , that didn't work!

[edit on 5-8-2007 by pantha]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I can see your sig image now

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
wooo hooo I'm back in business , thanks SO

ohhh and those forward slashes look an awful lot like back slashes afer a few glasses of cider, but you obviously knew what I meant!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thanks for your help, Sauron!

My signature looks a lot cleaner now, and also thanks for the nice vids on my profile/comments page

Great community here!

STM

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I am having troubles with the memebr upload area. I can upload files but the I get a 404 or 403 error message telling me access forbidden.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
I get a 404 or 403 error message telling me access forbidden.

What's the URL of the file that gives you that message?

Keep in mind that your uploads are synced with our media server and that they may not be immediately available after upload (could take as long as 2 minutes).

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Try this one SkepticOverlord

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I just uploaded it again I realize it may take a few minutes, but it has happened with several files uploaded into memebr space the last couple of days, older files work fine.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
DarkStormCrow, I'm trying to upload a file as well and I get that same error message. I tried uploading different files to see if just one of the images were not working, but I keep getting the same error message with everything I try to upload. Also, I tried uploading a small file yesterday, but I still get the same error message today so I know it's not within that possible 2 minute window.

Any suggestions?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Our "supposed" provider of high-end globally distributed media hosting, CacheFly, is having some problems, and it appears as though many previously uploaded files that were once available (my avatar being one) are now missing from their servers... and new uploads are failing.

We have an open ticket, but given the potential seriousness of such a loss of service, I'm looking at alternatives now.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Looks like the problem is getting worse, I see that some ATS specific images are starting to disappear.

And now that i said that it gets better :]

[edit on 9/7/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

new topics

top topics

join