It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia plans new nuclear missile production

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Like the USA they are just updating there systems - missiles get old as do the warheads

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here is a link to a thread with the google video concerning the living alien engine. www.abovetopsecret.com...

At one point he says he heard the military officials mention a "first strike" and no doubt it was all about the cold war, and hitting Russia.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hey Megadeath your screen name just made me think of this thread and a Megadeath song and how appropriate it is to this thread."Symphony of Destruction".

[edit on 6-8-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
The last time I checked the Russians did not have alot of money to be maintaining those missiles.If you don't maintain them then they become pretty useless.

You should check again because the Ruskies are almost the largest exporter of oil in the World today. They nationalized vast swathes of the Russian energy sector and are currently reaping huge profits from both oil and gas.

Also, how were the anti-missile systems tested against Russian missiles? I'd be surprised if the Russians let the Americans use their missiles to test ABM systems with. Try not to fall for the propaganda (that applies to both sides) when it comes to things such as ABM systems. The very purpose of the system is to provide a sense of security to the United States and her allies. That includes lying about the success rate of any ABM system currently under development or that's been deployed. Don't think for one second that they are above lying about such things.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It is amazing. I come from the only country to use a nuclear weapon in known history ... and the one that has the most amount of nuclear weapons, missiles and equipment carrying said missiles. It just so happens to be the country who thinks no one else is allowed to have nuclear weapons, who thinks anyone that develops any defensive (non-nuclear) technology is a threat, or at least questions them as to why ... and thinks that everyone is an enemy, while boasting around the world with force just how peaceful we are.

It seems like a diluted reality to me.

From what I read, it didn't say Russia was developing new WARHEADS ... it was developing new missiles ... so I would assume for existing warheads.

Ok, so, if we u.s.Americans think nuclear weapons are so bad, then why do we have subs with enough power to destroy the world? What would we do if we were in their position? What propaganda would we hear then?

Being hypocrites is the norm for our society it seems. We are allowed to spend billions of dollars in plain sight and many more billions on hidden black projects for defense (and offense) ... technology that is quite impressive and scary ... but if any country decides to put money into a budget to defend against our weapons, just in case we get a nutjob in office like some of people in the past who think their ideals need to be forced on the world ... they are turned into evil countries for it ... seems silly. If I were China, or Russia ... I would definitely want my tech to be high enough to withstand an invasion from the most tech savvy military nation of the world ... just in case they get some idea that we would be better off with their system instead of leaving things to happen naturally.

We have also shown there is no perfect government, capitalism and communism both have their faults. It is the problem when people in power start to become corrupt and take advantage of the masses. We see that with Cheney and a lesser extent Bush. We saw it with other leaders of nations in the past. Any nation not willing to defend its people regardless of its system of government is foolish ... and you would be fools to accuse them of foul play for wanting to defend themselves against any possible future war mongering dictator.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-

Originally posted by uberarcanist
It won't change the Mutually Assured Destruction doctrine, which has prevented nuclear war and will prevent it until the end of time.

I think it's very possible that in the future, there will be a possibility of one nuking the other.

All it would take is the wrong person in power with the wrong thoughts, at the right time.

Didn't clinton during the 90's say that they would let 1 nuke hit america, but would not esculate it, just because of the fact that rogues could let them off.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
When will the human race ever grow up.... Mutual destruction solves no problems whatsoever. Than again maybe we need it so we can start over and really learn from our mistakes. I was hoping that one day the whole nuclear scenerio would be eliminated and we could settle our matters civily without mass destruction, I guess this day is going to be a long way off...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This to me is no suprise at all.Where have you guys been?Every major military including Russia and China has been non stop upgrading everything from uniforms to submarines at a crazy pace since about 6 years ago...hrmm coincidence?

As far as alien rockets heh idk about that one.I personally think everyone knows whats happening and they are getting prepaired and we just have no clue.

BTW Russia has missiles that can surpass our "known" defences.But im sure since we know that we are developing or have developed somenthing no one but us knows about.The latest i heard about any further defence programs was lasers that shoot missiles down.But this still can be over come by multiple warheads unless they shoot down the rocket while all warheads are still in that rocket.

Multiple war heads are really hard to defend against.When you have one rocket that lets of 15 warheads and some of them are just dummy warheads to get you to waste time on the fake one while the real ones go to their target,its bad news.Now say you launch 20 or 30 of these and its almost ensured your hitting something,most likely many somethings.

Now will Russia and China ban together and try some crazy stuff like this when we eneter Iran?Thats my thinking.They both have huge monetary ties with Iran and would not be happy to get these deals halted.

The U.S. is that 15 year old kid that has everything ever.Meanwhile you worked hard your whole 50 years on this planet and just get by.Then this kid tries to tell you what to do and if you dont listen hes going to have his body guards show you whats up.I personally would'nt like the U.S say if i was China.They have been around forever and have had some great leader way back in the day,yet they can't do anything against Taiwan because we won't let em heh.

I'd personally send some nuke sot good ol Hugo chavez down in Venezuala and send the U.S a big suprise.Yea but Silo we would see them shipping the nukes to Chavez...Not so true,Russia has been doing some major arms selling to venezuala includidng everything from AK 47's to submarines.Well just throw some nukes in the submarine silos and wooo hooooo Chavez the American hater has nukes.................

Anyway theirs my 2 cents.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Russia is the world's leading producer of crude oil. They are also up to speed on tech at almost the same level as the U.S. They are not our friend, and we will end up at war with them at some point in the future, it may be 10-20 years. They cannot be trusted, and have their own agenda. Also they are run by a mafia like crime syndicate.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think the US and Russia should just become allies already it would stop a lot of world tension and we could be the world police and no one can even challenge the two.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just what gives us power over every other poeple of the world.And yes,the other nations of world could easily destroy us if banned together.The main problem in todays world is nuclear weapons,or we would have solved a lotta problems through war by now.

Take China for example,sending all these tainted products to the U.S by the millions.Tons of Chinese spys being uncovered after they supplied China with our newest submarine engine and stealth technologies,not to mention the nuclear scientist feeding info to China or nuclear computers litterally missing.............

If this was a lesser country without nuclear weapons we would have already or be close to war with China.But no they have good ol nukes and are modernized so we will just try to work diplomatically meanwhile poeple are still getting sick from tainted food,latest discoveries and breakthroughs are still being leaked.....

Now if you want to stop such actions military options are pretty much off the table.No one wants to mess around with nukes,no one.But that day still seems to hang a gloomy cloud on us,especially in these crazy times.

There will never be a world without nuclear weapons,ironically these same weapons may make a world without humans.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
Take China for example,sending all these tainted products to the U.S by the millions.Tons of Chinese spys being uncovered after they supplied China with our newest submarine engine and stealth technologies,not to mention the nuclear scientist feeding info to China or nuclear computers litterally missing.............

I'm kinda glad you brought this up, it made a connection for me. The numerous delays in the Virginia Class program could be due to this. Probably to make corrections to accoustical signatures that had been compromised due to the Chinese espionage. Think of it. The first submarine was delayed and would reportedly cost $42 million dollars more to build. This could be due to some sort of refit that was needed due to the compromise, and it sounds pretty extensive and could be a good indication of how much the Chinese really obtained about the sub. Their reasons for the delay sound like BS to me. Electric Boat and Newport News have too much submarine building experience for this large of a screw up.

Delays for Virginia Class surface again

I know its off topic, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
ProjectSilo - GBMCD is designed to hit before MIRV separation, so 2 interceptors for each evading missile. Thats 75 nuclear missiles with a good chance of being destroyed, which in turn is 750 American missile silos that havent been destroyed, which in turn is thousands of warheads that can be used in a massive counterattack.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
ludaChris, ahh awsome point.I shall try to dig more up on that.Thanks for the link.

Blackwidow, that is what it is designed to do,but if a shat load of rockets are launched at once from subs and land you think they could get every rocket before it released the warheads?I'm not being a jerk either i really want to know.Im going to look into this more too hrmmm.Also im having a hard time finding GBMCD on google.Can you spell out the letters please.

Stolen torpedo information..

Not our propuslion system to!!!

And 2005 Stolen nuclear information

sry for going off topic so bad...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
No one wants nuclear war. On the other hand, the military-industrial complexes want taxpayer money to build warheads, missiles, and anti-ballistic missile systems.

Russia's move should be expected. The "defense-offense" spectrum has basically disappeared. If we improve missile defense shields, then we essentially disarm Russia's entire nuclear arsenal, leaving them wide open to our arsenal. Thus, building a missile "defense" system is really an offensive act. Russia can then respond "defensively" by building missiles designed to bypass our shields. And the situation applies vice versa; Russia buildling a sophisticated "defense" shield that neuters our arsenal, provoking us to build better missiles. It's like they're trying to checkmate each other in a game of chess, but each player has only one piece: the king.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Even if we are willing to risk everything and literally surround entire Russia with hundreds of ABM installations, it would still not prevent a devastating nuclear retaliation strike.

New Russian warheads are smart, AI/SA enabled in order to execute defensive maneuvers at hypersonic speeds.

Not a single US system is capable of engaging a maneuvering hypersonic target.

Long range hypersonic cruise missiles alone will breech the network, followed by subsonic stealth missiles.

Even if 100% kill rate on Russian submarine fleet can somehow be achieved, retaliatory packages hidden through out the continent will strike back, and not to mention dormant, unmanned sea bed and mountain based installations.

It’s the reason Bush broke yet another treaty and approved development of tactical nuclear “bunker buster” warheads.

In any case, it’s called MAD for a reason, MUTUALL ASSURED DISTRUCTION.

The only people who think that a nuclear conflict can achieve some sort of victory to either side, are TOTALLY INSANE.

The only thing Star Wars program is actually good at, is reliving tax payers of their money, 125 BILLION dollars so far.

The first time Reagan’s’ bluff to scare the Russians with a Hollywood movie did work, this time around it just doesn’t fly.

Destruction of a society is not based on total of cities destroyed and casualties suffered, but a long term effects from the destruction of infrastructure, devastating effects of mass psychosis, and countless other factors.

Bush initiated the new cycle of arms race, heightened the hostilities, and plunged the world into another cold war. Deal with it. We are the war mongers.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
it takes 8 minutes from a sub close in (sitting off the coast of conus) launching to then hitting the target(s) - they won`t even know about the attack till the sky is full of mushrooms.

and pre speration intercept? a missile fired from russia will start releasing mirv`s over norway - chain of command here - norad see`s the launch and starts the CnC sequence - calls have to be made and courses plotted.

in fact

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

just read all of that - its very very much spot on as the action and reaction.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The beligerent attitude of the bush administration is as much to blame for this as anyone. From the moment they pulled out of the anti-ballistic missile treaty, and their you are either with us or against us rhetoric; the unprovoked invasion of Iraq and their saber rattling at Iran, their intent to build more nuclear weapons and their public musings about using them on the battlefield... any country worth their salt is going to read the tea leaves, and start upgrading as fast as possible. And, really I don't blame them. For all our rhetoric about rogue nations, we are as much as Iran or North Korea, a rogue state, our behavior is just as irresponsible... after all who is the #1 arms dealer in the world? Sadly, we are.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
it takes 8 minutes from a sub close in (sitting off the coast of conus) launching to then hitting the target(s) - they won`t even know about the attack till the sky is full of mushrooms.

and pre speration intercept? a missile fired from russia will start releasing mirv`s over norway - chain of command here - norad see`s the launch and starts the CnC sequence - calls have to be made and courses plotted.

in fact

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

just read all of that - its very very much spot on as the action and reaction.

Thank you man my point exactly.There are definitaly huge holes in our defense and everyone eles's defense.It's simple really,the missiles are upgrading and changing faster than the defense against the missiles.

I must admit Russia hooking chavez up with some nukes inside some of the subs hes sending Chavez would be a scary scary time man.Seems like a good idea to me.Booom instant worse than cold war,fear frozen U.S.A would have some very very tough choices to make.I would so plan somethign like this.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

It is possible, the SM-3 is designed to be a Kinetic Energy Interceptor that hits ballistic missiles in the upper atmosphere, before the MIRV's separate. I was actually watching something about it last night. Then I began reading about it afterward and I am quite amazed. Very interesting weapon. It has 3 stages just for the purpose of reaching a good ways outside the atmosphere. The first echelon of missile defense for the US is already here.

RIM-161 SM-3

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join