It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ORB - accidental photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
my pic - large size
Just an orb behind a plane..
sun was low, no reflections on plane, this object is brighter than any of the clouds in the pic.
It's blurry while the props captured are frozen so I believe it was moving fast and I was lucky. Did not see it during time of photograph.

The pic is in RAW format originally but this seems nothing special other than a report that this was taken in lower Alabama.
peace.

B
edited the post from accidentally having the image show in thread.. too big..
edited again for bad spelling

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Bspiracy]

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Bspiracy]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
How do you know this object was behind the plane? Could it not be much closer?

How far from the Gulf coast was this?

BTW, there is no real EXIF information in the image or available from photobucket. Could you post that?

[edit on 6-8-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I took photos of a similar object the other day. I nearly got excited when I saw it in more than one pic till I discovered it was in exactly the same spot in each photo. It's a blown pixel in my camera. A good way to test if your pixels are okay is to take some night shots, then zoom in when viewing photos. Any spots that repeat in each photo is definitely a pixel prob. Once you've ruled that out, you're free to speculate on what else it could be.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I was just about to empty my trash out that held the original .ORF file but I noticed someone actually responded to the post so here it is for exif purposes only.. only 32k file so don't expect eye popping clarity. The original post has that.

i194.photobucket.com...

The image above should have every bit of exif in it. Check out the focal length.. 200mm. On the 4/3 system on my camera, this actually translates to 400mm and is what I use for sports photography. This also is verified with the aperture being set at 5.6.
This is also the reason why the object can't be close because if it were half the distance or more from the plane to me then it would have been blurry to the point of not even knowing what the object was. The object isn't "blurry" though..

It's a sharp edged object and I took two consecutive frames of the plane. I had just taken 45+ images of a 1972 Mini and took 45+ more afterwards.. no spot.

As far as where the object ACTUALLY is.. hm..Since I'm zoomed out at 400mm equiv, this puts the object at least behind or close to the plane or somewhere PAST the plane.

Whatever the case of actually where it was, the fact that it is in focus while having more motion blur than the props on the plane seems to make this object traveling pretty dern fast.

If I'm thinking incorrectly here, please let me know..

b

mod edit: to restore page format
Please read this link-ATTN: Image Size Guidelines

[edit on 12-8-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
doh.. for some reason i had 800 pixels wide as the max size.. I even read the guidelines before..
my apologies for causing you to lose time in editing the post

b

top topics

join