It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo moon project photo archive to be released.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Apollo moon project photo archive to be released.

asunews.asu.edu

or nearly 40 years, the complete photographic record from the Apollo moon project sat in a freezer at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, almost untouched, until now.

A new digital archive – created through a collaboration between ASU and NASA – is making available on the Internet high-resolution scans of original Apollo flight films. These startling images will be accessible to both researchers and the general public, to browse or download, at: apollo.sese.asu.edu.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, i wonder just what we'll see in these photo's! apparently the amount is in the area of 40,000. But, being the pessimissed that i am, i have a nagging suspicion that NASA took 40 years to release them because it took them 40 years to doctor them all *cynicism*, and sadly this quote just backs it up:

One of the great things about this project," White adds, "is that some of the people who worked here back during Apollo are working with us now. They were involved in handling the films when the astronauts came back from the moon and they are involved in the scanning. It's wonderful having their experience and knowledge on hand.

Well, we shall see...

asunews.asu.edu
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-8-2007 by D.E.M.]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hmm, has this been posted already, then? I did hope it was interesting enough to garner some attention

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am VERY excited....

It will help solve the ZOMG IS IT COMPRESSION ERRORS OR REAL on a lot of things...

Perhaps some things might miss NASA's loving 'care'

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is exciting, and I'm sure it will create more than a few threads here on ATS once the pictures are all released.

I wonder if it will show the farside of the moon as well. Maybe now we can have some high rez pictures of the "Apollo 20 Alien Spaceship" area.

This is definitely cool!

new topics

top topics

join