It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD is wide spread misinfo spread by the new world order.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

I removed my daughter from public education within two weeks, because:
1) the teachers give them candy and junk food as a snack DAILY
2) school lunch program is poison
3) the teachers are ignorant in all kinds of ways
4) every day was a struggle to get my daughter to go to school, she started to complain of stomach and head aches as soon as I woke her up and said "time for school"
5) only four of the fifteen kids in the kindergarten could read
6) the teacher of the second grade class they bumped her into was treating her harshly because my daughter didn't know how to act like a nine year old.
6) she was getting respitory, eye, and ear infections at least once a month for the five months she was there
7) due to missing school from these illnesses, and psychological "too sick for school" reactions the school began to threaten us with some kind of investigation by department of family services.

That was March, my daughter hasn't been ill in any way shape or form since.

I think we might have a difficult day once a month at most due to her "I'm the queen" attitude, which usually takes less than five or ten minutes to compress back to kid size ego.

I hope you got something out of my little story.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Legalizer]
Excellent story, I believe every word. Both my boys were bottle fed and always seemed to have something wrong with them when they were small. Fevers, or colds, vomiting etc. which carried on through school. As a parent I learned to my dismay that you have to constantly compete with teacher's opinions, usually wrong and hypocritical, and peer pressure from their friends.My daughter was breast fed for four years and two months. She has been home-schooled from the start. She's never been ill in her life apart from a single stomach upset and a cold, both of them lasted a day. She has the same, occasional, "I'm the queen" attitude as yours. This is something that I'm positive her teachers would never be able to handle if she went to school. She learned to read in two or three weeks, and in the first four months of this year she completed 66 reading books (for her age level and just above). I give her "lessons" about 2 hours per "school day". The rest of the time we bake, garden, watch TV and play. Life is fun.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Children's drug is more potent than coc aine..
www.guardian.co.uk...

It takes longer to saturate dopamine receptors though, which is important as well.

Apparently, if you like the effects of stimulants, you don't need them. Otherwise, if you dislike the effects you may benefit from them, unless you need an "antipsychotic."

What bothers me is the knee-jerk diagnoses and prescription of powerful stimulants as if they were candy. Prescribing that stuff should be a last resort instead of the first.

I really think the stuff probably made my symptoms worse, but that was long-ago (mid-70s). Indeed, even a small dose of the very opposite of stimulants makes me feel much better (as in half a milligram of respirone once or twice a day).

Any school psychologist or school board members that demands that a child be medicated with methylphenidate or dextroamphetamine (or a dose increase) should have his/her head examined by a licensed psychiatrist.

These apes are doing more harm than good.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by autumnofburnoutcommie67]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

Originally posted by -0mega-
So, then lets say that ADHD is caused mostly (if not all) by processed foods...
[edit on 9/8/07 by -0mega-]

Everyone's body makeup is different and everyone has a different mix of chemicals that they've ingested over the years. The mix of chemicals that you are exposed to is not the same mix of chemicals that I am exposed to...

Not everyone uses exactly the same products. Not everyone eats exactly the same foods...

Nearly all of us eat grains and dairy products. These are sources of sufficient opiates and dopaminergenic compounds to affect mood introduced quite recently to the human diet (a few thousand years).

The origins of agriculture – a biological perspective and a new hypothesis
Greg Wadley and Angus Martin
www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread, but I need to go offline yet want to comment. So if this has already been mentioned, my apologies.

Four words: Food colouring causes ADHD

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I was misdiagnosed with ADHD.
It's some disorder psyciatrists diagnose people with when they think that people don't conform to liking something and it's something given to kids when parents don't think they have paid attention.

Ritalin is a form of mind control for those people. Ritalin effects a person's psyche. I was misdiagnosed for ADHD, and I was told that ritalin had a reverse effect of ADHD. However, ritalin makes your hand shakey and it makes it impossible to think by yourself. Any thoughts you have when you are on ritalin will be medicated thoughts. You will have no thoughts of your own.

ritalin is an evil overprescribed medication for those parents that think their kids do not pay attention enough. It's not their fault. It's not that they aren't normal. They're just different.

Do you feel the same way? Were you too misdiagnosed with ADHD? Doctors like to tell parents that ADHD is a disorder so that they won't feel bad about their kids not paying attention to things. It has nothing to do with a disorder. It doesn't make you not normal to have been diagnosed with ADHD, it just means there is something about you that your parents/your psyciatrist doesn't like.

It's meant to keep people who are "different" apart from the society. Its' exactly what the New World Order wants.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Maverickhunter]

i think ADHD kids are CRYSTAL KIDS, new kids on the block, kids who can't abide by the oppressive systems. they can't fit in because they are "more spiritually awake" than others. check this article out www.crystalchildrenbooks.com... an alternative to the ADHD diagnosis

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
It's scary to me b/c I meet people 21-25 and they are totally off. And it's my age range. I wonder what the heck happened to them. Then I remember, Corporations and "medicine" happened...

Perhaps the worst thing that happened is high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS), with partially hydrogenated oils perhaps a close second. Both where introduced into the AmeriKKKan diet at roughly the same time.

Consumption up 250% in 15 years (HFCS).

...Virtually all non-organic corn, soy, and wheat grown in the United States has been genetically modified...

...Unlike other sugars, it doesn't increase the production of two hormones, insulin and leptin, that regulate food intake and energy expenditure...

...Ray Peat suggests that fructose raises cholesterol. Cholesterol is raised by lack of sunlight and by reduced thyroid activity. Fructose oviously doesn’t interfere with sunlight, so it must raise cholesterol by depressing the thyroid. Whether it is the fructose directly, or whether it is some element in corn oil which is part of High Fructose Corn Syrup is open to question...

What's Wrong with High Fructose Corn Syrup by Eric Armstrong
www.treelight.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimjamjerry
i think ADHD kids are CRYSTAL KIDS, new kids on the block, kids who can't abide by the oppressive systems. they can't fit in because they are "more spiritually awake" than others...

ADHD - DRD4 VNTR

DRD4 has two main alleles 4R and 7R, where 7R is associated with ADHD. It requires six mutations to transfer 4R to 7R, and this is very improbable. There also is no intermediate versions. The estimated age of 7R is 30 000 - 50 000 years, and this fits with the time of the hybridization. Both 4R and 7R occurs in frequencies that indicates they are both ancient. 41

41 Yuan-Chun Ding, Han-Chang Chi, Deborah L. Grady, Atsuyuki Morishima, Judith R. Kidd, Kenneth K. Kidd, Pamela Flodman, M. Anne Spence, Sabrina Schuck, James M. Swanson, Ya-Ping Zhang, and Robert K. Moyzis (2002). Evidence of positive selection acting at the human dopamine receptor D4 gene locus Proc natl. Acad. Sci., USA. 99, 309-314 footnote: www.rdos.net...
Abstract www.pnas.org...
Full text www.pnas.org...

The Neanderthal theory by Leif Ekblad
www.rdos.net...

P.S./"B.S." I don't think neurotypical Hss is capable of an original thoughts, or even coherent ones for that matter.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

DRD4 has two main alleles 4R and 7R, where 7R is associated with ADHD. It requires six mutations to transfer 4R to 7R, and this is very improbable. There also is no intermediate versions. The estimated age of 7R is 30 000 - 50 000 years, and this fits with the time of the hybridization. Both 4R and 7R occurs in frequencies that indicates they are both ancient. 41

you'll have to explain this mumbo jumbo to me. i don't your point.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by autumnofburnoutcommie67

you'll have to explain this mumbo jumbo to me. i don't your point.

The point is that ADD and "autistic" genes most likely came from outside of the evolution of the Homo sapiens sapiens subspecies (our ancestors) through hybridization with Neanderthals.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Nearly all of us eat grains and dairy products.

Wheat, Gluten Allergy, Gluten Intolerance and Gluten Enteropathy

Gluten is the elastic, rubbery protein present in wheat, rye, barley and to a lesser degree in oats. It binds the dough in foods such as bread and other baked goods. It contributes to spongy consistency. Rice and maize do not contain gluten.

However, gluten is only one protein found in wheat, rye and barley. These foods, like all other foods, contain a number of discreet proteins that all can result in adverse reactions, including allergies.

www.wrongdiagnosis.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Lactose Intolerance

Prevelance statistics about Lactose Intolerance: The following statistics relate to the prevalence of Lactose Intolerance:
90% of Asian American adults have lactose intolerance (NIDDK 1994)
70% of African-American adults have lactose intolerance (NIDDK 1994)
74% of Native American adults have lactose intolerance (NIDDK 1994)
53% of Mexican-American adults have lactose intolerance (NIDDK 1994)
15% Caucasian adults have lactose intolerance (NIDDK 1994)

Lots of good numbers at that link.

Originally posted by Nextstep
I haven't read the whole thread, but I need to go offline yet want to comment. So if this has already been mentioned, my apologies.
Four words: Food colouring causes ADHD

Yes several studies have linked food coloring to cancer and learning disabilities.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not to mention vaccines and autism. Vaccines = money, money for who? drug companies. As much as i hate to bring his name up, Kevin Trudeau, an activist of sorts, has some good points about the health care industry.

Peace yalls

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

i think ADHD kids are CRYSTAL KIDS, new kids on the block, kids who can't abide by the oppressive systems. they can't fit in because they are "more spiritually awake" than others. check this article out www.crystalchildrenbooks.com... an alternative to the ADHD diagnosis

I am aware of this and certainly would not discount it.

ADD is a physical dysfunction or damage of the brain and/or other areas. (ET DNA manipulation to create an evolve human - - anything's possible)

But it is physical.

Foods - chemicals - etc - - - are stimuli - - like an allergy - - creating different effects.

Also physical and emotional stress through negative enviornment.

Each case is individual - and must be treated as such.

There is no ONE magic pill.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Nearly all of us eat grains and dairy products.

Wheat, Gluten Allergy, Gluten Intolerance and Gluten Enteropathy

The more recent the introduction into the human diet, the more dangerous it is. Grain that contains little or no gluten is potentially bad enough. Unfortunately for some of us, in order to make breads fluffier the gluten content has been increased by selective breeding over the eons. Eventually, genes that cause the least bit of gluten sensitivity will be weeded out of the gene pool I guess.

IgA, celiac, autoimmune diseases and autism

There are quite a few studies that confirms a link between low IgA levels and autoimmune diseases, like Celiac Disease (CD). 59 There are also studies that confirms many autistics have lower than normal IgA levels. The link between low IgA levels and otitis media is also interesting. Celiac, also known as gluten intolerance, is often found in people with ADHD and AS. The disease mostly affects people of European descent, and occurs more rarely in African and Asian populations. 60 This co incidents with the probable distribution of Neanderthal genes. It's believed that the origin of celiac hunter populations.

59 Teresa Binstock (1997). Suboptimality and immunity www.jorsm.com...

60 Celiac.com. www.celiac.com...

The Neanderthal theory by Leif Ekblad www.rdos.net...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think the misrepresentation is that people don't think about it from inside the mind of someone with legitimate ADHD. really it is kinda like sensory overload. Once that happens we shut down, and that's where we kinda get lost in our own thoughts.

(This was created by the Driven to Distraction guys, also shown by a very nice Dr. I went to his meetings for ADHD/ADD people. He was never pushed by drug companies, in fact, he's currently looking for a new placement.)

Oh and by the way, right brain and left brain theory was disproved several years ago.

Tea will calm me down, as will any high caffenated drinks. reading about tea, reminded me about the chai I like to drink before bed. It's calming and I feel like sleeping after drinking some.

Now there's a difference between acting out in school and having a marked difference in your life. It really is dehibilitating at times, especially with doing menial tasks or more than one thing at a time. More than one thing at a time and I loose it because I can't do it.

Oh yeah, also I'm not medicated. I was on cylert, ritalin, imiphamine, and a bunch of other drugs that didn't quite work as they should have when I was a kid. In later years, I've tried strattera and I do like it, however it's hard for me to come by having no insurance at the moment.

Strattera for those uninlightened, is an alternative, that can also be given to children. It's a drug that is not a stimulant. Damned if I know how it works, but it works for me. I would be more focused, not lost in a cloud.

It really is like living in a fog you can't get rid of. Your own thoughts, and other various stimulations around you are all vying for attention and sometimes it's hard to discern which to listen to. It's all like a fog you live in, some things get through some to most things get blocked out.

Indeed this has taken a long time to do, I've stopped playing with my virtual pets to talk with a chatroom, think about the weather, how I'm sunburnt, what the cats were up to... changing music selections. However on meds I woulda been finishing this up. LOL.

Ratey and so the Driven to Distraction guys did mention something considered hyperfocusing. Where there are times where we focus solely on a task that would be hard to disengage from, indeed causes a dislocated feeling.

Are people being misdiagnosed? Indeed, they have. However most of the population hasn't. We all know the cousin of a friend or a sister of the guy or the kid next door. Would you believe all the heresay accounts yourself? think about it. It wouldn't be rational.

And as far as the home remedy lady. You're never going to change your position on anything, you're just like those brainwashed devotees, so convinced you're right.

Oh MSG person: If MSG were that prevailent... man, I think we'd all be dead. BTW, one of the things in the list of ingredients with MSG in it was infact, MSG! The others do NOT have MSG. Sorry. I know exactly what it tastes like, having expierienced it.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The staff of my elementary school when I was growing up claimed I had ADD. It turns out that not only do I not have ADD, my IQ was higher than the people claiming that I did.

It's just the school system's way of dealing with people who are too intelligent to be shuffled through like cattle. They don't want to admit that there's a problem with the system, so anyone who doesn't fit into it becomes the one with a problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
FYI
Hidden Names for MSG on labeling

Strattera is another drug and they had to put a suicide warning on it, yay, its great for kids.

Its really no surprise to see the people who believe they have ADD/ADHD fall for it so deeply, the drugs make them feel good. Cocaine addicts and speed freaks will tell you their substance helps them focus.

Its estimated that 8 million americans have ADD/ADHD.
8 million x 1 pill = 8 million pills a day
1 pill x $1 = $8 million a day
$8 million x 365 = $2,290,000,000 (two billion nine hundred ninety million) a year

How many false reports and phony doctors you think that buys?

Originally posted by SamuraiDrifter
It's just the school system's way of dealing with people who are too intelligent to be shuffled through like cattle. They don't want to admit that there's a problem with the system, so anyone who doesn't fit into it becomes the one with a problem.

Thats not the true reason.
Every school gets extra funding for each kid they have on the medication.
Just like the doctors who get a kick back for every script they fill, and they like
to start you off with the free samplers, even though the package says "illegal to use without a prescription" and you walk out without anything but some packages of chemical crack.

Its greed and ignorance working hand in hand, and some people feel left out so they jump right into the game without thinking twice.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamuraiDrifter
The staff of my elementary school when I was growing up claimed I had ADD. It turns out that not only do I not have ADD, my IQ was higher than the people claiming that I did.

Schools target middle of the road - because its the way the system works.

Back when I was in gradeschool in the late 50s - - it was the same thing. My brother's IQ tested over 150. My mom tried to put him in a private school - - they rejected him because they did not feel his special needs would be good for the other students in a class environment.

So don't think its just the public schools. And don't think its just you.

Of course there is a problem with the system. And of course "they" know there is a problem with the system.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
duplicate post

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with ADD and started taking Ritalin in the 3rd grade. It is very upsetting to read people say that this condition is 'made up'. I hated Ritalin and it's side effect (nervous ticks mainly) but the stuff worked. I excelled in school when I was on it but couldn't stand the side effect any longer.

Here is a real life example of ADD.

My mother and I went to go pick up a pizza at Little Ceasers. She told me to go inside and pay for it while she waited in the car. The store had attached fishing line from the door to signs hanging from the ceiling so that when the door opened the signs would raise and lower. I got so distracted by these signs that I started to follow the fishing line route to the signs because I was interested in how they made it work. I stood there doing this for so long in my own little world that my mom had to come in and get me and the pizza. I was embarassed and felt like I couldn't even complete a simple task.

ADD is a real disorder that is not something to be laughed at. I have a professionally tested IQ of 132 +or- 8 but my ADD is a huge disability. I agree that a lot of people are misdiagnosed but those who actually have this disorder will attest to its authenticity.

A comparison to what ADD is like to someone who doesn't have it is like a person with 20/20 vision not understanding what it's like to have poor eyesight. They get the idea of it but really can;t understand it until they experience it.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by Spoodily]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily
I was diagnosed with ADD and started taking Ritalin in the 3rd grade.

This does not prove the disease exists, this only proves your brain has been damaged by an amphetamine.

I take a perfectly normal smart can't sit still in a boring environment kid, and give them speed, crack, heroin, tobacco, whatever in third grade and follow it up for a few years, what do you think they will grow up to be like as an adult?

www.bnl.gov

Two studies by researchers at the U.S. Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory provide evidence for the first time that abuse of methamphetamine - the drug commonly known as "speed" -- is associated with physiological changes in two systems of the human brain.

The changes are evident even for abusers who have not taken the drug for a year or more. The studies also found that methamphetamine abusers have reduced cognitive and motor functions, even at one year after quitting the drug. The findings appear in the March issue of the American Journal

I've had one experience with a speed junkie, and every "good effect" of drugs
the ADD/ADHD people describe is exactly how she acted right after
jacking a needle into her wrist and for the following six hours.

Of course none of us can understand being speed junkies since third grade nor understand fully the damage to your brain that could have occured.

ADD/ADHD drugs are speed, and they are giving them to children, whose brains will not be finished developing until they are something like 24 years old. But under the influence of the drug, will their brains ever develop?

We can see another reason the medical establlishment perpetuates this fraud.

If the public came to realise that kids were being poisoned and destroyed by drug companies, someone would have to pay out big time, from the schools who suggested it all the way up the line to the scum that makes the chemicals.

By the way IQ tests mean nothing.
You can be brilliant at taking tests and still be absolutely useless in life.

ADHD FRAUD may worth looking into.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join