It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD is wide spread misinfo spread by the new world order.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Whoa there, time to take a different pill, your speed is showing its ugly side.

What position are you in to demand anything but a few weeks in drug rehab.

First of all, if I was an aggressive fellow, I could almost sue you for the blatant slander in your post.

Second of all, re-read what you quoted from me above... what was it that made you think you should "getting all pissy"? I simply stated that you should be careful when discussing this because it is very personal - and that a degree of tact and respect are demanded. What is so wrong here? Ask the ATS staff if tact and respect are demanded at ATS...

Thirdly, your post contributed absolutely nothing to our discussion. It is quite obvious that your intention was simply to discredit and slander me. Regardless of your opposing views, this is absolutely NOT kosher at ATS.

Finally, you asked what authority I have to demand anything?

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

SOURCE | ATS Terms & Conitions of Use | Read more...

[edit on 8/7/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
K, to get back on topic...

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Hello, I said that ADHD medicine is a form of mind control and I want to say why I think that. I know that first hand doctors will admit that these drugs are mind altering and that they will admit to you that they affect your psyche. The drugs are given to free thinkers mainly because they are looked at as being irrational. The New World Order doesn't want a society that is irrational. They want a society that is the same.

Let me just stop you there, If it was given to irrational thinkers, it wouldn't stop their thinking. It would influence it, and his ideas would flourish. I've said it in this topic before, but if the NWO is doing something with ADHD perscriptions and such, i doubt they have every doctor in on it.

It's just ignorant to think that all our doctors are told to give kids adhd meds, and they kindly oblige.

Please explain to me how the doctors would be influenced to do this by the NWO.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
I don't want to be dubbed a troll, but I thought I would add this to our discussion, as it is very closely related. The article was released August 6, 2007 @ 4:01PM ET.

Brain chemical has key role in ADHD: studies
news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Link to ATS News Submission

Very interesting article, explaining the role of dopamine in ADD individuals. It states that a group of ADD adults showed a lower than normal level of dopamine in the brain.

Apparently, the ADD research community has always known that people properly diagnosed with ADD tend to be substance abusers. The idea is that these people use substances in order to achieve temporary normalcy. Recreational drugs such as marijuana, nicotine, alcohol, and coc aine increase dopamine levels - an effect that ADD people would benefit from. (Of course, these substances also have negative effects and should not be considered a safe way to counter the effects of ADD.)

The study provides a logical rationale for why ADD medications work.

It is interesting to note that the individuals in the study had never been medicated for their ADD. The study also included brain scans of ADD children, and a DNA examination. It was discovered that a certain gene linked to dopamine appeared to be associated with ADD, as well as thinner brain tissues in the areas that control attention.

What they don't tell you is that these brain abnormalities can also result from the mix of synthetic chemicals in our bodies. ADD did not exist until we started consuming toxic synthetic chemicals. They directly affect the brain so of course it's going to affect dopamine levels.

Someone can be self-medicating with all sorts of drugs that will cause the brain's chemical imbalance to be abnormal. But the same imbalances can be achieved with MSG, aspartame, hydrogenated oils, refined sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, soft drinks, white flour, sodium nitrate and hundreds of other chemicals that are all mixed together in the body as well.

MSG has been increasing in the foods since the 1940's and it's not on the food labels. I've posted tons of article links about MSG.

Aspartame causes brain tumors.
The link between aspartame and brain tumors: What the FDA never told you about artificial sweeteners

All processed meats contain sodium nitrate which causes cancer and brain tumors.
Bacon, sausage, hot dogs and processed meats hike cancer risk by 67% due to chemical preservative, says nutritionist

Modern-day fertilizers and pesticides were created from chemical warfare agents used in WWI and WWII.

And all of this stuff is in the food we eat.

About Aspartame:

The chemical sweetener aspartame, when exposed to warm temperatures for only a few hours, begins to break down into chemicals like formaldehyde and formic acid. Formaldehyde is a potent nerve toxin and causes damage to the eyes, brain and entire nervous system. Aspartame has been strongly linked to migraines, seizures, blurred vision and many other nervous system problems.

ADHD in children is caused almost entirely by the consumption of processed food ingredients such as artificial colors and refined carbohydrates. Eighty percent of so-called ADHD children who are taken off processed foods are cured of ADHD in two weeks.

Source: The top ten things food companies don't want you to know

People need to wake up and realize that these neurological conditions only started after the government started dumping chemicals into the food supply. It's that simple and it's documented.

I even personally proved the point by getting off of my own antidepressant medication after 6 years. All it takes is a clean diet.

BUT let me clarify that since these medications have been shown to cause long-term permanent brain damage, not everyone can get off the medications successfully. The longer you've been on them, the more potential you have for irreversable damage.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by norbin
It's just ignorant to think that all our doctors are told to give kids adhd meds, and they kindly oblige.

Please explain to me how the doctors would be influenced to do this by the NWO.

Doctors are paid quite handsomely to push these drugs on their patients. This has been documented to initiate directly from the Pharmaceutical companies themselves but if Big Pharma is controlled by the NWO... then there is the link.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
Doctors are paid quite handsomely to push these drugs on their patients. This has been documented to initiate directly from the Pharmaceutical companies themselves but if Big Pharma is controlled by the NWO... then there is the link.

They're being paid to push meds in general on people for money. It's all about greed and the dollar bill. Not about control of the masses.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I have to wonder what your pre-diagnosis childhood was like.

Was it something like "Mommy I want the candy", "mommy I want kool-aid", "Mommy I want soda"........ mommy said Ok every time until you were twenty and the song changed to
"Doctor I want Ritalin, doctor I want Adderall, doctor I want Welbutrin, doctor I want Focalin, doctor I want Vyvanse"?

I take personal umbrage at this mindset, This is the very reason A. ADD/ADHD is over diagnosed and B. Why it is misdiagnosed. The time it take to diagnose ADD/ADHD is years, not hours.

I have been on a strict diet of rice (whole grain wild) and "lemon" (among other fruits) water for almost 26 years now, I was diagnosed early over a period of 3 years. I never got soft drinks as a child, or cool aid, I got all the ice tea I could drink, and fruits. ( my parents were Herbalists ) No sucrose in the house.. ( refined sugars) I had/have ADHD. I have been off and on different meds over the years, I know I need them, it's not always a "Diet" issue.

I can read ATS, watch whats on TV and talk to my lovely spouse and keep it all straight.. (ADHD is a multitaskers dream if you can harness it) but without meds, well, it's an Over load, we need the meds ( at differing levels of strengths ) to be able to function as "normal". At proper dose, people with ADD/ADHD can be quite dynamic.

without the meds, well see my earlier post

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

First of all, if I was an aggressive fellow, I could almost sue you for the blatant slander in your post.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

SOURCE | ATS Terms & Conitions of Use | Read more...

By just mentioning Slander and Suing you threaten aggresively or an attempt at subtle threats.

I did not harass, threaten, or attack you, I simply stated an observation.
You are just too easily offended and on edge, most likely do to the mental illness you admit to having and the drugs you admit to indulge in.

You should also know that slander won't hold up in a court unless you have verifiable evidence that I used your real name in any of my communications.

Originally posted by thedigirati
I got all the ice tea I could drink, and fruits. ( my parents were Herbalists ) No sucrose in the house.. ( refined sugars) I had/have ADHD. I have been off and on different meds over the years, I know I need them, it's not always a "Diet" issue.

You walked right into that one.
Tea has twice the caffeine of an equal cup of coffee.
Being over-caffeinated will have most of the symptoms of ADHD.
Caffeine is a drug and your parents gave you as much as you like.

Non-Caffeine herbal teas have all manner of side effects as well.
They are generally to be used for a purpose and short term, not a daily drink.
In effect they are themselves a pharmacological concoction.

Fructose in fruits are not without its own side effects, especially on children.

Fructose malabsorption can cause the following symptoms:
aching eyes, fuzzy head, fatigue, depression
Among others.

Fructose intolerance can cause: Seizures, Englarged Liver, Vomiting, Tiredness, Mood Swings, irratability, and more.

Food allergies and the lingering effects of them can be and are often misdiagnosed as ADD/ADHD.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Legalizer,

Congratulations! You have been ignored.

To everyone else, I apologize, but I will not be participating in this discussion any further. There is very little room for dissenting voices here, so I will leave the ideologues to think what they want to think.

- Ninja Out

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thank you Legalizer.

My daughter diagnosed at age 6 in 1968.

By the way - has anyone made it clear not all ADD's have a behavior problem. Although she was 9 before she could be left alone - because of her "curiosity".

My daughter's main problem is she had zero attention span on a one to one. She required a physical stimuli - as in her teacher squeezing her hands when speaking to her.

We were one of the lucky ones who had a fabulous doctor and school network. He did put her on a very low dose of Ritalin for a couple months - - then took her off as he said - when ADD's recognize a difference in their behavior they will often take responsibility for it.

She was only allowed the low dose medication during school. At home - - No Meds. He told me - I don't care if you have to turn your home into a padded cell so she can bounce off the walls. NO MEDS AT HOME.

She was on a very strict - no sugar - no dairy - no additives - no preservatives - no caffeine - no food coloring diet. She drank WATER (which I boiled first just in case). She did not have a problem with wheat or glutens.

If she went to a kid event - - she took her own food.

She also swam on a swim team every night for 2 hours. It is a patterning exercise - - and you only swim against yourself - - so you can not fail.

Today she is 38. Although she still isn't a big reader - - she's worked since she was 15 years old and has held more then one management position.

ADD is not a psychological problem - it is a physical problem. However - if not handled correctly many psychological problems can happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Suing someone over a post made on the internet? Especially that one. I'd LOVE to see a judge's face when you bring that one in front of her/him.

I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 9. I took meds to help with it, they worked and I'm happy that I did. If that makes me some drone to the "NWO".. oh well I guess.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You walked right into that one.
Tea has twice the caffeine of an equal cup of coffee.
Being over-caffeinated will have most of the symptoms of ADHD.
Caffeine is a drug and your parents gave you as much as you like.

Obviously you have no concept what the affects of ADHD are, Caffine counteracts the effects of ADHD. Nor do I think you have lived with this affliction for most of your life, iMHO you sound kinda un informed, But thats OK, you are not my medical provider

But just to be clear, Life is always 100% fatal, Nothing You can do about that, so Help stamp out death, Ban life....

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's scary to me b/c I meet people 21-25 and they are totally off. And it's my age range. I wonder what the heck happened to them. Then I remember, Corporations and "medicine" happened...

My friends and i often discuss this. Only one person I know in my age group is healthy. she says she thanks god everyday for it because everyone is sick. I have fibro/ and early onset arthritis. I have received three surgeries so far, I am 31. Everyone is suffering from chronic fatigue, chronic pain, depression,etc.
While I think a lot of depression is from inadequate child rearing practices(I am sorry, infants need their parents and aren't meant to be ignored when crying) I soley believe that all the chemicals in our environment are affecting us. I know people that think fabric softner should be illegal to use. As well as household cleaners. Children absorbe chemicals much easier then adults because of thinner skin. It only takes a small amount. We scrub a tub with chlorox and put a child in it. In the US, chem household cleaners are not obligated to list toxic materials on their products. Then the advertise that it keeps households germ free and safe for kids. The real perp is the cleaner itself.
I read an article recently that found when you mix sunscreen and bug repellant on kids, it makes them absorb it even more!

I recently found out that the "NO more tears products' for babies are not actually benign. They are still abrasive as regular soaps, they just put chems in them so that the effects are not felt.

Man, things are so screwed up. It jsut makes me sad.

i am not denying that ADHD is prevalent. I think it is poison induced. I have seen parents of ADHD kids, and the kids did a 100% turn around on an organic/sugar free diet. Did better in school, and where happier all around.Though I recongize there are different degrees to it.

Staceyanne, keep up the good work hon. My mom has her dog on BARF and he looks like a million bucks. A friend of mine hmm and hawed when I told her about it. Totally not the type to believe in natural foods. When the news came out, she sent me an email saying she will give credit when credit is due. She now has her dogs on half natural pet food,half raw. I also came across research saying that some foods can cause seizures in pets.

Don't get me started on vaccinations.

Ritalin is scarey stuff. Kids who take Ritalin are 40% more likely to do drugs later then not. Though that could have something to do with depression. It is a tangled tangled tangled web. My BIL was one on ritalin. He OD 4 years ago. Did drugs since he was 14.

To be safe. limit chemicals.Period.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Obviously you have no concept what the affects of ADHD are, Caffine counteracts the effects of ADHD.

I think you are the one that is misinformed and being led by the nose by your drug dealer, er medical provider. I read two reports of studies on ADHD/ADD and caffeine from 1973 and 1981, which sound to me like placebo affects. Then I read a bunch of anecdotal reporting by people with ADHD/ADD that says "yeah doesn't work on me like it works on other people, it helps my ADHD/ADD"

Funny thing is, everything those people say has already been said to me by people who don't have, and have never been diagnosed with ADHD/ADD.

American Psychological Association

"Caffeine can stimulate immature neurological systems beyond children's ability to tolerate it, which can have serious effects," says APA Div. 43 (Family) President Terence Patterson, EdD, of the University of San Francisco. "Excessive caffeine use damages the attention capacity that children need to cooperate in play, family and school environments."

Leading caffeine researcher Roland Griffiths, PhD, of Johns Hopkins University, deems the drug the most widely used mood-altering drug in the world, with usage far exceeding that of alcohol and nicotine.

"Research has shown that the dose of caffeine delivered in a single can of soft drink is sufficient to produce mood and behavioral effects," he says. "Children who haphazardly consume caffeine are at risk for going through alternating cycles of withdrawal and stimulation."

I can of soda has 30mg of caffeine, a cup of tea ranges from 10 to 90mg.

Caffeine Withdrawal Is Real
Study Recommends Making Caffeine Withdrawal A Psychiatric Disorder

A new study that analyzes some 170 years' worth of research concludes that caffeine withdrawal is very real — producing enough physical symptoms and a disruption in daily life to classify it as a psychiatric disorder. Researchers are suggesting that caffeine withdrawal should be included in the next edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), considered the bible of mental disorders.
His research, published in the October issue of Psychopharmacology, analyzes 66 previous studies on the effects of caffeine withdrawal.

Griffiths' analysis shows as little as one cup of coffee can cause an addiction, and withdrawal from caffeine produces any of five clusters of symptoms in some people:
Headache, the most common symptom, which affects at least of 50 percent of people in caffeine withdrawal
Fatigue or drowsiness
"Unhappy" mood, depression, or irritability
Difficulty concentrating
Flu-like symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, and stiffness.

"Onset of these symptoms typically occurs within 12 to 24 hours of stopping caffeine and peaks one to two days after stopping," Griffiths tells WebMD. "The duration is between two and nine days."

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thank you again - Legalizer

The REAL truth/facts seems so much harder to accept by some - - especially those who convince themselves their limited knowledge and experience is the only "truth".

LOL - true story: my daughter tried to convince the neighbors I was starving her - - because I would not let her drink soda's or eat any of the "kewl" foods - - like kids breakfast cereal.

Today she Thanks Me.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Enough!

No more ad hominem attacks.

I realize the thread opens with a personal anecdote and that several members are discussing the issue from a personal standpoint, but personal attacks are not welcome anywhere in our forums.

Let's please try to discuss the topic without hateful and unnecessary attacks on one another.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
So, then lets say that ADHD is caused mostly (if not all) by processed foods.

If there's anything I do, or used to do, it is eating masses of processed food. (And no, i'm not fat, i'm one of those kids who can eat anything without getting fat).

And i'm one of the most calm persons I know in my neighbourhood, school, etc.
I *can* be active, but by nature I'm very calm.

So what is this, am I, and some (billions?) of other people immune to the so called ''ADHD'' causing chemicals? Having 0 of the symptoms.

Or is some leet alien from outer space thinking *hey, you're cool, let's give him anti-ADHD injectionz during his sleepz* *Okz*

lol.

[edit on 9/8/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
The REAL truth/facts seems so much harder to accept by some - - especially those who convince themselves their limited knowledge and experience is the only "truth".

LOL - true story: my daughter tried to convince the neighbors I was starving her - - because I would not let her drink soda's or eat any of the "kewl" foods - - like kids breakfast cereal.

Today she Thanks Me.
I understand this completely. My daughter's friends eat sweets & junk all day, every day, and I'm the baddie who doesn't allow it. Food additives definitely affect kids. One time when my daughter was small we took her out in the car, stopped at a shop for some drink cartons, and within minutes of drinking hers, she started growling and screeching like an animal in the back of the car. This was so out of character. In the weeks that followed I watched her behaviour after every "treat". Purple chewy sweets would have her running up the walls for example. Now she's six but if she shows any signs of "strange" behaviour I can usually trace it back to something she's eaten.Some folk say nothing affects them. That's great and that's the way it should be, but some folk are affected greatly by very small things. Kids also need to get all their energy out in sport or play. At bedtime if a kid's still climbing the walls there's something wrong, and I'd suggest a close watch on their diet before taking them to a doctor to be put on pills. That's a very, very, very last resort. And I'd certainly put a teacher in her place if she suggested medicating one of my kids.Some folk are just bad parents too. They have their toddlers strapped into buggies all day eating sweets & crisps & fizzy juice to shut them up and wonder why they're up all night wrecking the house & don't sleep. It's very sad.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blitz
Check out this link www.angelfire.com...

OK so right sided people are considered to be dreamers and philosophers, hints they are going think out side the box, and look for the most irrational answer. Which usually leads to most conspiracy theories. Also the right sided person would struggle more in the western school system. Hints they are the likely candidates for adhd meds.

Ok so left sided people are considered to be the most logical, and prefer to except the most realistic and rational story. The NWO would be irrational to a left sided person. Because there is no realistic or physical evidence, of the nwo's existence. Left sided people are also good with numbers and like to read, hints they will not struggle in school. So they are likely not to be diagnosed with adhd or require meds.

check this out:

in high school, I was always good in about 90 percent of my subjects. The other 10 percent was laziness. Back then I wasn't doing anything creative or philosophical, so it's safe to consider I was a Lefty and wouldn't have adhd or need meds.

At gr.10, started smoking pot, started taking guitar, got into philosophical talk, but still did well at school. Would I now be considered a Righty? Do I still require meds or have adhd?

I think today adhd has been over-diagnosed so much that I'm sure there are people out there questioning whether they really have it or not. Could it be these kids can't sit still or pay attention just because of the millions of distractions we all face every day? There should be lessons (from teachers or doctors) on teaching kids and adults how to FOCUS.

Best example I use is to sit in a dark room with nothing but a candle. Watch the movement of the flame. Follow it with your eyes. This trains your brain to concentrate in a more dense beam rather than have a wide ray trying to concentrate on several things at once.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
So, then lets say that ADHD is caused mostly (if not all) by processed foods.

So what is this, am I, and some (billions?) of other people immune to the so called ''ADHD'' causing chemicals? Having 0 of the symptoms.

Or is some leet alien from outer space thinking *hey, you're cool, let's give him anti-ADHD injectionz during his sleepz* *Okz*

lol.

[edit on 9/8/07 by -0mega-]

Everyone's body makeup is different and everyone has a different mix of chemicals that they've ingested over the years. The mix of chemicals that you are exposed to is not the same mix of chemicals that I am exposed to.

It could be that my depression was caused by a mixture of certain food chemicals (depending on the mix of processed foods that I eat), certain water chemicals (I live in Florida), and other environmental chemicals that I'm exposed to in my apartment, the office where I work, the hair coloring I use, the makeup I use, etc.

Not everyone uses exactly the same products. Not everyone eats exactly the same foods. Not everyone lives in the exact same environment. That's why it becomes very difficult to pinpoint an "exact" cause for these illnesses (that's how the govt gets away with it and are able to fool people). But the good news is that if you try to eliminate as many chemicals as possible from your environment (starting with organic food, fresh filtered water and organic personal care products), you're probably tackling the majority of the problem right there.

If you think that you live in an area that's polluted with industrial chemicals, consider moving out of that area. If you think that you're being exposed to chemicals at work, report it to them and see if they can resolve the issue, or change jobs if you can.

Some people will not display symptoms but still develop illnesses many years down the road such as high blood pressure, heart problems, cancer, diabetes, alzheimers, parkinsons disease, etc. But considering the fact that the disease rates have skyrocketed, that should tell you that most people are being affected whether they feel it or not.

I consider myself lucky to have been affected by depression because that gave me the red flag signal that something is wrong and I was prompted to do my research and learn what I know now. That allowed me to get my own health on track and to help educate others on this very important issue.

For those who do not feel the symptoms, those are the really unfortunate ones because they will suddenly get sick years down the road and by then, it may be too late.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
To answer the poster who is "immune to junk food":

Food allergies and the lingering effects of them can be and are often misdiagnosed as ADD/ADHD.

Perhaps you don't have food allergies.
Can you eat fish? I get hives if I eat fish.
Can you eat cantaloupe? I love the stuff, gives me massive stomach cramps though.

Here's a story about public education, children and awful food reactions:

I visited my daughter's kindergarten one day for "Daddy and Donuts".
The teacher serves some "fruit drink", chocolate and sugar coated donuts.

For the dad's their is a pot of coffee, nutrasweet, and non dairy creamer, nobody touches this stuff.

Within minutes of the children consuming the donuts and drinks I had five kids CLIMBING on me, literally. Their fathers were right there, at least for the kids that still had fathers, but they chose to climb all over a relative stranger, and were acting like total animals. At one point two of the kids want more 'fruit drink', and I make a comment that perhaps we should be serving them morphine. The teacher looks at me oddly, the fathers that are paying attention give me the "you know it" look.

After an hour or so all the Dad's except me left, instantly all the girls, and a few of the boys burst into tears. My daughter was relatively calm and indifferent, even when I ran home for an hour and a half.

Two hours later was time to travel with my daughter on a little gifted and talented field trip. All was going well. But during the bus ride I saw all the color and life drain from my daughter's face, she stopped being involved in the conversation, and just looked 'bad'.

She was supposed to eat her school provided lunch at the event.
I look at the lunch in the bag, its a 'fruit drink', an apple, and a corn syrup filled peanut butter and jelly (not fruit anything) pita substance. I'm pretty pissed they are feeding my kid this stuff. I'm tempted to run out of the building to find food but I'm in an unfamiliar location and don't know what will happen if I do that.

I know she must be starving so I open the package for her and try to conceal my rage.
While doing so, she grabs at it, it falls on the ground, and she instantly goes into a tantrum fit that lasts about an hour, maybe more while the other kids eat their corn syrup peanut butter jelly(no fruit) lunch thing, on the floor, then begin watching the presentation.

More than half of these well behaved 'gifted and talented' kids start becoming something else, they can't stay focused on the lecture, are fidgeting, talking and getting in trouble.

The gifted and talented..whatever she was...is being a total bitch to them and especially to my daughter. My daughter is the youngest G&T kid ever in the district, only 6, and she is degraded and treated terribley by the...whatever that ladies job is...and the beast tries to convince me to come to some meeting where they will discuss a book that will tell me how to raise my child. I wanted to kill her right there for the way she spoke to my child, and was now speaking to me like I knew nothing about my own kid, but felt an obligation to not upset the children. The G&T hag was trying to convince me my daughter was "playing" me. I knew my daughter was suffering from a sugar withdrawal after eating the crap she had during "Daddies and Donuts", coupled with hunger.

The nerve of some fat windbag to tell a father that has spent every day of six years with his daughter that his child is manipulating him is beyond reproach.

Finally I get my daughter to eat some fruit loops...yeah thats the snack the gifted and talented program provided for the kids. Her blood sugar level stabilizes, and she is normalized again.

Meanwhile the lecture has ended and the G&T kids are bouncing off the walls.
Some laughing at nothing at all, some of them zoning out, some throwing stuff at each other, some of them have their heads on the tables (now that they are off the floor), lots of really loud nonsensical screeching and hollering.
These were not the same kids that got off the bus with me.

A few of them are picked up by their parents early because they are physically ill.

My daughter was totally normal the rest of the day, we walked a mile to find some food after the event and she didn't complain once.

I removed my daughter from public education within two weeks, because:
1) the teachers give them candy and junk food as a snack DAILY
2) school lunch program is poison
3) the teachers are ignorant in all kinds of ways
4) every day was a struggle to get my daughter to go to school, she started to complain of stomach and head aches as soon as I woke her up and said "time for school"
5) only four of the fifteen kids in the kindergarten could read
6) the teacher of the second grade class they bumped her into was treating her harshly because my daughter didn't know how to act like a nine year old.
6) she was getting respitory, eye, and ear infections at least once a month for the five months she was there
7) due to missing school from these illnesses, and psychological "too sick for school" reactions the school began to threaten us with some kind of investigation by department of family services.

That was March, my daughter hasn't been ill in any way shape or form since.

I think we might have a difficult day once a month at most due to her "I'm the queen" attitude, which usually takes less than five or ten minutes to compress back to kid size ego.

I hope you got something out of my little story.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Legalizer]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join