It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD is wide spread misinfo spread by the new world order.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
I am simply appalled at what is happening in this thread. I've never seen our members misinterpret so much information before. You guys are arriving at some schizophrenic conclusions from a string of loosely tied together facts. At the same time, you are slandering those of us that have ADD.

Be very careful when debating this issue, because it is a personal reality that many of us have struggled with. Some of the comments made in this thread have been almost slanderous... whatever you may think about ADD, a degree of tact and respect is demanded.

I feel bad only that you have been very misinformed about ADD. The condition is caused by chemicals in the food supply and is eliminated by removing the chemicals from your diet.

If you read some of my previous posts, there are links to articles and interviews that explain this in great detail.

I have personally been able to get off of antidepressant medication after 6 years simply by changing my diet. People have no idea that MSG is hidden in the food (it's not on the labels) and it is constantly being increased. No one except the grassroots health organizations are going to tell you this. The FDA, Big Pharma and the Food Industries are all in this scam together. They make big bucks off of your sickness. You're going to let them do this to you?

Do your research. You have every right to know what you're being poisoned with. They have NO right to take away your health and your money.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

Mind you, this isn't for cancer or anything like that. Rather this is for "psychological problems". Jee, could it be the handfuls of pills they've been taking for years that are attributing to their "psychological problems"

[edit on 6-8-2007 by discomfit]
\

This is very true, it's not a proven fact. But it is very possible that amphetamines, like the kind in adderall, can induce schizophrenia. In fact a friend of mine who used adderall daily, and even lied to a doctor to get a perscription, ended up going to an outpatient clinic for schizophrenia.
It isn't proven, but if you'd like to read up on it check out this wikipedia articleon the dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia

So what is the NWO trying to do? Create a generation of people with major psychological problems. If so, what is the purpose of having a generation with schizophrenia.

Is it to create a society of socially inept people?

Doesn't seem likely, however I could be wrong.

The drugs increase paranoia in most cases, so perhaps they're trying to make the new generation more paranoid of terrorism, and more accepting of what they will see as government safety. Unless of course they come to above top secret, and such. But i suppose a normal child watching the news and listening to their parents could become a victim of our governments terrorism on it's people. Everything is for our safety....right?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
hm... OP are you sure it all just wasn't a misfortunate diagnose? Why would the new world order out of 6 billion people choose to give you a mind altering drug?

Ritalin is a curious thing. For people who truely have ADHD it can make the calm down and make them behave more "normal". One of my best friends had a girlfriend who worked with kids who had ADHD and crist could some of them be scary when their medicin wore off :S

For people who don't have ADHA Ritalin has an effect remarkably like amphetamine. Basicly Ritalin is more or less speed in a pill. I did try it once for the fun of it and sure... you change and might have strange thoughts. But that is no different than when abusing something similar to Ritalin...

Don't worry, nwo ain't trying to probe you. You just had an incredibly suckie doctor.

Hugs

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
One of my best friends had a girlfriend who worked with kids who had ADHD and crist could some of them be scary when their medicin wore off :S

This happens to kids who ingest MSG. Check out this interesting website for MSG information:

www.msgmyth.com...

Click on the links "MSG Stories" and "Children: ADD to Autism". There's interesting stuff there about getting kids off of MSG and literally changing their entire behavior.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
www.msgmyth.com...

Rinky-dink website trying to sell a book.

They hardly appear to be neuropsychiatric experts...

Mike: Again for those reading, you are hearing from Dr. Fred Baughman, pediatric neurologist and M.D. Your web site is ADHDfraud.org. What is the title of your upcoming book?

Dr. Baughman: "The ADHD Fraud: How Psychiatry Makes Patients of Normal Children."

Mike: Okay, that's a title that we will be looking forward to. Any last thoughts, Dr. Baughman?

Dr. Baughman: Yes, you might also consider getting a DVD production by Gary Null Associates in New York City, called "Drugging Our Children." I was interviewed for it in a powerful hard-hitting video view of what we've talked about here. I also have a video that I produced with footage from the 1998 ADHD consensus conference. My video is called "ADHD Total 100% Fraud. It can be purchased through my web site.

SOURCE | NewsTarget.com | Read more...

And another book seller... oh, and he has DVD's too!

I wonder what else we can find out about Dr. Baughman...

He is also a medical expert for the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), an advocacy group founded by the Church of Scientology in 1969.

SOURCE | PBS.org | Read more...

Baughman is noted antipsychiatry critic who has been most critical of ADHD and Psychiatry. He has stated, "biological psychology/psychiatry is a total perversion of medicine and science, and a fraud."

SOURCE | Wikipedia.com | Read more...

Man, is this guy unbiased or what!

[edit on 8/6/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

www.msgmyth.com...

Rinky-dink website trying to sell a book.

They hardly appear to be neuropsychiatric experts...

You don't have to be an expert in anything to know that MSG is a dangerous toxic substance and has no place in the food supply.

But here are some additional articles:

Interview with Dr. Russell Blaylock on devastating health effects of MSG, aspartame and excitotoxins

"All natural" claim on food labels is often deceptive; foods harbor hidden MSG and other unnatural ingredients

Food manufacturers hide dangerous ingredients in everyday foods by using confusing terms on the label

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You don't have to be an expert in anything to know that MSG is a dangerous toxic substance and has no place in the food supply.

Yeah, MSG is bad. So is alcohol and cigarette smoke. Weren't we talking about ADD?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

As a classification of children born after 1992, Indigo children make up a significant number of the emotional and spiritual basis for over 90 percent of children. Usually misdiagnosed as an ADD or ADHD child, the Indigo child commonly exhibits symptoms of an Indigo child. Unfortunately, many are medicated so as to suppress the Indigo personality traits thereby impairing the very basis attributes of the Indigo child. As parents, when caring for a child who exhibits symptoms of ADD or ADHD, consider discussing the diagnosis of Indigo child with your child's pediatrician or psychologist.

www.associatedcontent.com...

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Terrapop]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
speaking as a dyslexic who didn't take anything for it, I see adhd as a by-product of society and poisons. What I mean is take into consideration things such as commercials and sesame street and the news. Things given in snippets, not even explained really. Just a snippet of this and that. Soon the mind starts going in snippets, not a continuous stream, but breaks here and there. It's my observation from a whole life of living it. I think it's all a way to deconstruct and rebuild using little peices at a time to ebb away at things.

What does that have to do with anything? Well because of the chemical imbalances promoted by everything around us, poison food, water, automobile fumes, television and computers etc, it messes with our balance. You can't have balance if you are constantly bombarded with things a few seconds at a time. There's no time to properly learn. Don't read the book, go to the movie. Don't read the paper, get it spoonfed by the news. IT's a darn shame b/c then we are sent to institutions that back up; these philosophies. Church and school back these things. Just a little bit of this, a little bit of that and all this wide open expanse to connect the dots.

I haven't read the responses in this thread, speaking from my own experience as a person who's been diagnosed with somehting, they will try and give you drugs for anything. I was to the point that they were trying to get me to admit to things so that I can be on their drugs because I was too aware.

It's scary to me b/c I meet people 21-25 and they are totally off. And it's my age range. I wonder what the heck happened to them. Then I remember, Corporations and "medicine" happened...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah, MSG is bad. So is alcohol and cigarette smoke. Weren't we talking about ADD?

Yes we are talking about ADD and it's caused by MSG and other chemicals in the food supply. Did you check out the links to the articles I listed? It's all documented. All you have to do is read it.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I agree that ADD/ADHD is highly misdiagnosed and that children should not so easily be given medicines like Ritalin. But it DOES exist. I work with children with developmental disabilities such as autism, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety problems and also ADD/ADHD, and it is a very real problem that for SOME kids needs to be treated with medicine. I think it is a problem with all types of doctors that are just medicine-happy, and that you need to be very careful when choosing a psychiatrist or any doctor to take your children to.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by norbin

But here are some additional articles:

Interview with Dr. Russell Blaylock on devastating health effects of MSG, aspartame and excitotoxins

"All natural" claim on food labels is often deceptive; foods harbor hidden MSG and other unnatural ingredients

Food manufacturers hide dangerous ingredients in everyday foods by using confusing terms on the label

So it's overexciting nerve endings, explain how this links in to ADHD, and ADD. Because from what i've read I fail to see the link.

The chemicals that destroy the nerves are causing permanent brain damage. ADD, ADHD, depression, alzheimers, dementia, parkinson's disease... they are all related because they are all caused by chemicals that destroy the nerve endings in the brain.

And when it comes to behavioral disorders, if you want to calm down the children and help them pay attention and learn more effectively, you've got to look at nutrition, not drugs. You have to get the sugar out of their diets, you have to take the food additives and the hydrogenated oils and the high-fructose corn syrup out of their diets. When you do that, 80% of these children that have been diagnosed with ADHD become non-ADHD children in two weeks or less. 80%. All you've got to do is take these food additives out of their diet, and all of a sudden they're normal, wonderful children who can learn and focus. They don't need drugs.

Source: Mass drugging of schoolchildren remains dark secret of public education, psychiatry

Here's more articles on the subject:

Neurologist Dr. Fred Baughman talks about the fraud of ADHD and the poisoning of U.S. children

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, ADHD, has a simple cause: poor nutrition and food additives

Dr. Mary Ann Block teaches alternatives to mainstream ADHD treatments for children and adults

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hey there, I only read the first post because I do not have any attention span since I've been on effexor, risperdal, and lithium for 3 years. I was a little sad and they put me on all of those pills. I can no longer think of my own ideas, I cannot do homework, I cannot sit through a movie or tv show anymore, it takes me hours and hours to watch a movie. Let's say I stop taking the pills one day, will I get my thinking back? Please God, or I'll piss out fire.

I mean, I was sad right? so fine, give me a pill for sad, but how in hell did it turn into me having "a little bit of bipolar", and "(nasty voice) too many thoughts at once(psychotic)"

blah, what foolishness, why should I allow myself to be at the end of these disorders just because of ONE mistake (being sad)?

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Dead Midgets]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh ya man,my little brothers teacher told my mom my little bro had to be on ritalin or another drug for ADD and she listened.So teachers are docters now ehh,because god knows the docter just threw my mom the perscription like it was'nt a big deal.

The ritalin can make you dizzy or sleep alot or never sleep or eat alot or not eat enough.They then will prescribe more meds to cope with these symptoms.But these symptons came from a med themselves.It's a damm pharmicutical payday out there..

I also think its intersting its about the only medical issue that has no proof.Such as you cannot MRI or take a blood sample and say oh yea he surely has ADD.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hello, I said that ADHD medicine is a form of mind control and I want to say why I think that. I know that first hand doctors will admit that these drugs are mind altering and that they will admit to you that they affect your psyche. The drugs are given to free thinkers mainly because they are looked at as being irrational. The New World Order doesn't want a society that is irrational. They want a society that is the same.

The New World Order wants free thinkers to be considered irrational, so that they would not pose a threat, so they give them medications. The people that are on these medications if they were off them and if they were given a natural cure for the symptoms would not have the same problems that they have when they are off of the medication.

Free thinkers are something people in society frown upon. When you freely pose a thought in the form of a question or a statement that someone doesn't want to here they will automatically think you are very irrational and that you have a mental disorder, unless it's what they want to hear.

People only want to hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see. Back to my point, if a parent sees their kid not being what they want to be like, they have them see a psyciatrist that tells them what mental disorders that have been unproven to be real that the kid might have.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I was misdiagnosed with ADHD and ADD, and was prescribed Ritalin.

The first thing I have to say is that all the things they say about Ritalin are UNTRUE.

First of all, it does not limit free thought.
Secondly, it is NOT anything like speed or coc aine.
Thirdly, it doesn't "damage" you.

What it does do though, is it destroys your appetite. I couldn't eat a single thing while I was on it. Another thing it does is it puts you into a state where you can concentrate and work on incredibly boring and menial tasks for extended periods.

Basically what I think it does is it restricts the activity of the right hemisphere of the brain. The side that does all the creative thinking and has all these interesting ideas that it wants to explore - this "distracts" the person from boring tasks by wanting to do interesting things, usually because boring tasks are below them. However most people aren't as active on this side - geniuses are, but normal people can concentrate on boring menial tasks because that's what they're "set up" to do with their left hemisphere.

The reason why I have come to this conclusion is because when I wasn't on Ritalin, I always wanted to draw, or invent, or build, I didn't want to do a page of maths or other boring things. When I was on Ritalin this creative urge was "tamed".

When I was 7 I had the reading age of a 14 year old, I was able to draw things, make things, and think things that none of the other kids could. I was basically above the entire school system, which was failing me because it wasn't really geared up to assessing individual merit, but rather how well you fit in to the norm. As a result they were, to use a metaphor, asking me to clean the bathroom with a toothbrush.

Think about how, hundreds of years ago, if you were good at something, then that was what you did. If you displayed a talent for art then you became an artist, if you could invent things then you became an inventor. If however, you couldn't really do anything special, you were just a menial worker. Society was set up so that the geniuses of the time just skipped the whole school system and went straight to being an apprentice. They were already smart enough to figure out everything on their own, nobody attempted to encourage the mediocrity of societal norm - or "bashing a square peg into a round hole" as I like to call it.

Only now are we trying to do that, and when a kid kicks back at the inadequate system, they put him on drugs that make him more like the other boring, uninventive kids out there, who are just destined to be worker ants.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Are you ladies and gents ready for a SHOCKER? During my search for
an alternative to Ritalin for my son, I was introduced to a Nutritional
Scientist in Phoenix. The first reference he gave me to learn the root
of where all these new diseases are coming from was this website:

archive.ewg.org...

I'm a big strong guy, but I nearly broke down in tears when I read
this data and came to the realization that WE (you and me!) are
contributing to the problem. We consume the products that are made
from raw materials that are poisoning kids/adults, AND we work for
companies that produce these toxins. It's a crime that the average
newborn in America was exposed to 287 harmful chemicals while in
the womb!

There isn't much we can do to turn back the clock on industry at this
point in history, but we can give our bloodstream & internal organs
a "bath" regularly by doing a deep nutritional-based cleanse. It got
my son off of Ritalin and now my entire family, including my 86/88
year-old Mom and Dad, cleanse regularly. I buy it for my elderly
parents because I love them and want them to be here as long as
possible. The health improvements and energy that come with a
body that's operating the way God designed us to operate are
awesome. If anyone reading this has friends/loved-ones with ADHD,
Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, or are Obese, get them on a Nutritional
Cleanse and you'll see miraculous improvement! Check out the
video called "Are You Toxic" on the left side of page at
www.isagenix.com... and heed the advice from that Physician.
-cwm

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I don't want to be dubbed a troll, but I thought I would add this to our discussion, as it is very closely related. The article was released August 6, 2007 @ 4:01PM ET.

Brain chemical has key role in ADHD: studies
news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Link to ATS News Submission

Very interesting article, explaining the role of dopamine in ADD individuals. It states that a group of ADD adults showed a lower than normal level of dopamine in the brain.

Apparently, the ADD research community has always known that people properly diagnosed with ADD tend to be substance abusers. The idea is that these people use substances in order to achieve temporary normalcy. Recreational drugs such as marijuana, nicotine, alcohol, and coc aine increase dopamine levels - an effect that ADD people would benefit from. (Of course, these substances also have negative effects and should not be considered a safe way to counter the effects of ADD.)

The study provides a logical rationale for why ADD medications work.

It is interesting to note that the individuals in the study had never been medicated for their ADD. The study also included brain scans of ADD children, and a DNA examination. It was discovered that a certain gene linked to dopamine appeared to be associated with ADD, as well as thinner brain tissues in the areas that control attention.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Be very careful when debating this issue, because it is a personal reality that many of us have struggled with. Some of the comments made in this thread have been almost slanderous... whatever you may think about ADD, a degree of tact and respect is demanded.

Whoa there, time to take a different pill, your speed is showing its ugly side.

What position are you in to demand anything but a few weeks in drug rehab.

You just tallied off a medecine cabinet of crank that you've been popping like candy trying to supress your obviously real mental illness.

Every single drug you mentioned has extreme usage and withdrawal side effects, some of these are worse than the disease. Most of the side effects make the statements and actions of their users questionable at every turn.

Everything you have told us about yourself illustrates a suburban drug addict, nothing more and nothing less.

I suggest you need a support group for your addictions and behavioral issues more than you need this thread.

I have to wonder what your pre-diagnosis childhood was like.

Was it something like "Mommy I want the candy", "mommy I want kool-aid", "Mommy I want soda", "mommy I want fruit loops!" and mommy said Ok every time until you were twenty and the song changed to
"Doctor I want Ritalin, doctor I want Adderall, doctor I want Welbutrin, doctor I want Focalin, doctor I want Vyvanse"?

[edit on 7-8-2007 by Legalizer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join