It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD is wide spread misinfo spread by the new world order.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I was never misdiagnosed, but I have dabbled in adderall and other such adhd medication. On it I liked to think of philosophy, and read Kerouac. My mind was free on it. It helped me creatively, and productively. Of course it was a horrible ordeal to get off of it. But taking into consideration my experiences, I'd say it's very unlikely ADHD medication is being forced upon by any sort of NWO.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
As the mother of an ADD kid - a girl - way back in 1968. I can assure you it is real.

However - there is a HUGE difference between a true ADD - - and just a very active kid.

I agree with those who believe it is being abused.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I know this post has some key qualities of a rant - but please dont let that dissuade you from considering what I have to say. We should all be rational thinkers here, so regardless of how you feel about ADD, please just give this a quick read.

I am really concerned that some of you guys may really believe that ADD is a hoax/plan authored by the NWO. Seriously, that's a huge stretch... there are years and years of open data and research available on this topic. ADD/ADHD is not widespread misinfo against the populace, as the OP states. Rather, its people that are generally mistaken about ADD; what it is, how its diagnosed, and which drugs should be administered. The aggregate effects of this gross public ignorance has somehow given birth to the myth that ADD isn't real. Being misdiagnosed, having a bad experience with a certain medication, or just suspecting an ADD-lie doesn't provide ample license to credibly denounce ADD as a corporate/NWO/gubmint conspiracy.

If you wish to debunk the reality of ADD, you certainly have your work cut out for you. There will be many longterm studies, findings from independent research groups, and redundant brain imaging studies that you will have to contend with. Not to mention the many people that have ADD, and know it. This includes myself. It becomes increasingly hard to argue with anyone that denies the existence of what I have personally struggled with for years. It's like having someone tell you that they know more about your life than you do.

This rant is NOT about getting you to agree with me. Everyone is entitled to his/her own thoughts - along with equal servings of denial. I just hate to see so many people subscribe to to an idea without having done any of the appropriate research to substantiate the claims. It is an unfortunate reality that Man can sometimes be so stubbornly ignorant.

Just for the record, I am NOT some half-wit hypochondriac spewing off bias. Sure, I've only been at ATS since January, but I have demonstrated integrity and have built a reasonable amount of credibility since then. I highly doubt that anyone would tell you that I am a suspected disinfo agent, NWO apologist, or person easily swayed by hype and propaganda. Attempts to discredit me (or anyone for that matter) personally will not solidify any juxtaposed beliefs you may have.

On all matters, I base my conclusions and opinions by cutting through the crap and looking at facts, rather than making assumptions without proper research and observation. Only a fool will support and defend an ideology without first considering all that can be learned about it. This is fundamental to denying ignorance - you must make yourself aware of as much as possible before drawing conclusions. And even then, you must be prepared to be wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
However - there is a HUGE difference between a true ADD - - and just a very active kid.

I agree with those who believe it is being abused.

This sums up what I think too. I believe ADD/ADHD is real but I do not think that many kids "diagnosed" with it actually have it.

The drugging of our youth is very unfortunate and not accidental.

America is the most medicated country on the face of the earth. This is by design.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
discomfit or anyone, please explain what would be the motive of giving out such drugs?
They don't dumb these kids down.
When mis-prescribed the child on them has increased thoughts, easier flow of writing and ideas, shaky hands, increased heart rate, euphoria, etc.

Nothing happens to dumb them down or to make them follow some new world order, if anything what it would do is spark thought and insight on the horrors of a NWO. And i'm pretty sure if there was a NWO they wouldn't want to give out drugs that increase individuality, and creativity.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by norbin]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by norbin
discomfit or anyone, please explain what would be the motive of giving out such drugs?
They don't dumb these kids down.
When mis-prescribed the child on them has increased thoughts, easier flow of writing and ideas, shaky hands, increased heart rate, euphoria, etc.

Nothing happens to dumb them down or to make them follow some new world order, if anything what it would do is spark thought and insight on the horrors of a NWO. And i'm pretty sure if there was a NWO they wouldn't want to give out drugs that increase individuality, and creativity.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by norbin]

Why drug the kids ? Control. You've made some sweeping statements about how safe anti-ADHD drugs are. Have you done your own research ? Can you provide me some links or quotes that support this notion ?

Here is some homework of my own.

Peter R. Breggin, M.D.
Director
International Center for the Study of Psychiatry and Psychology

Testimony Before
the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Committee on Education and the Workforce

Stimulant drugs, including methylphenidate and amphetamine, were first approved for the control of behavior in children during the mid-1950s. Since then, there have been periodic attempts to promote their usage, and periodic public reactions against the practice. In fact, the first Congressional hearings critical of stimulant medication were held in the early 1970s when an estimated 100,000-200,000 children were receiving these drugs.

Since the early 1990s, North America has turned to psychoactive drugs in unprecedented numbers for the control of children. In November 1999, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) warned about a record six-fold increase in Ritalin production between 1990 and 1995. In 1995, the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), a agency of the World Health Organization, deplored that "10 to 12 percent of all boys between the ages 6 and 14 in the United States have been diagnosed as having ADD and are being treated with methylphenidate [Ritalin]." In March 1997, the board declared, "The therapeutic use of methylphenidate is now under scrutiny by the American medical community; the INCB welcomes this." The United States uses approximately 90% of the world's Ritalin.

From the same link... (emphasis added is not mine)

V. How the medications work

Hundreds of animal studies and human clinical trials leave no doubt about how the medication works.

First, the drugs suppress all spontaneous behavior. In healthy chimpanzees and other animals, this can be measured with precision as a reduction in all spontaneous or self-generated activities. In animals and in humans, this is manifested in a reduction in the following behaviors: (1) exploration and curiosity; (2) socializing, and (3) playing.

Second, the drugs increase obsessive-compulsive behaviors, including very limited, overly focused activities.

The University of Chicago Magazine Online

But the drugs have their downsides. At the low levels commonly prescribed, mild side effects can include insomnia, loss of appetite, headaches, stomachaches, and increased blood pressure. The same dopaminergic action that helps ADHD sufferers focus also stimulates the brain’s pleasure centers, particularly at high levels, which can cause addiction. Toxic doses—a danger when stimulants are taken illegally or without physician supervision—can trigger irregular heartbeat, hyperthermia, hallucinations, and psychosis. The drugs can also aggravate such physical and psychiatric conditions as hypertension, glaucoma, and eating disorders or interact poorly with cold medicines, asthma medications, and certain antidepressants.

Lynn and students who have used the drugs without a prescription reported experiencing some unpleasant reactions to Ritalin and Adderall, including “crippling nervousness,” headaches, teeth grinding, diarrhea, and obsessiveness.

FDA.gov : Medication Guide to Ritalin

Call your doctor right away if you or your child have any new or worsening mental symptoms or problems while taking RITALIN LA, especially seeing or hearing things that are not real, believing things that are not real, or are suspicious.

Sounds safe to me !

National Institute of Health.gov

What side effects can this medication cause? Return to top

Methylphenidate may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

* nervousness
* difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
* dizziness
* nausea
* vomiting
* loss of appetite
* stomach pain
* diarrhea
* headache
* painful menstruation

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

* fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
* chest pain
* shortness of breath
* excessive tiredness
* slow or difficult speech
* dizziness or faintness
* weakness or numbness of an arm or leg
* seizures
* changes in vision or blurred vision
* agitation
* abnormal thoughts
* hallucinating (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
* motor tics or verbal tics
* depression
* mood changes
* fever
* sore throat
* unusual bleeding or bruising
* muscle or joint pain
* hives
* rash
* itching
* difficulty breathing or swallowing

Methylphenidate may cause sudden death in children and teenagers with heart defects or serious heart problems. This medication also may cause sudden death, heart attack or stroke in adults, especially adults with heart defects or serious heart problems. Talk to your doctor about the risks of taking this medication.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I was researching something about Autism.

I accidently found this..
If you want to know about these drugs I can show you...

Google Video Link

This is a tad food for thought on other drugs.

I tell you its 90 mins and its boring as hell, But its worth a watch.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I am on the speaker’s bureau of five pharmaceutical companies and am a consultant to four top companies. I am one of the best known physician educators and speakers in the country.

ROBERT D. HUNT, MD
Medical Director and CEO of the
Center for Attention

Read it, again, your ADHD ADD medecine might not be working because you missed a valid point this "Doctor" makes. He's tied into the drug companies from head to toe, he says what they want him to say. He's one of the best known physician educators because money talks.

If you take this man's word for anything at all you are being conned.

So ADHD/ADD is a frontal lobe disorder, did they scan your brain.
There are 8 million children under the age of 19 on ADD/ADHD drugs, they have never had a blood test, never had a brain scan, they have been diagnosed with this 'disease' by teachers, school adminstrators, and school psychologists (who aren't even doctors, they are social workers).

For every child on ADD/ADHD/Anti-Depressant medication in a school, the school gets extra funding.

The schools have a system of abusing families. It works like this:
1. Tell the parents the child is exceptional
2. Set the child apart from other students
3. Sit the child with the slower kids so they get bored and frustrated
4. Put the child into conflict with authority for their behavior
5. Tell the parents their child is having difficulties
6. Order the parents to see the school board's pysche staff
7. Order the parents to put the kid on drugs
8. Threaten to remove the child from the home if orders are not followed
9. Create a perfect drug addict that will tell others how great their meds are

I saw this happening with my older brother 30 years ago, I saw the same
exact thing repeat itself with my daughter this last year, in kindergarten.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
damajikninja

I am with you all the way------- you are right!

please check out my earlier posts!

TPM

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Just for the record, I am NOT some half-wit hypochondriac spewing off bias.
I highly doubt that anyone would tell you that I am a suspected disinfo agent, NWO apologist, or person easily swayed by hype and propaganda.

You are however admittedly a daily user of the narcotic(s) in question.
Anything you do or say has been affected by the drug (for how many years?), which you tell yourself and others is necessary to keep focused.

Every kind of addict will tell you how real their "problems" are and why they need a fix to keep their head together.

Originally posted by norbin
I was never misdiagnosed, but I have dabbled in adderall and other such adhd medication. On it I liked to think of philosophy, and read Kerouac. My mind was free on it. It helped me creatively, and productively. Of course it was a horrible ordeal to get off of it. But taking into consideration my experiences, I'd say it's very unlikely ADHD medication is being forced upon by any sort of NWO.

Junkie Anecedotes went out of fashion in the 80's.
What these drugs do for casual users is not what they do for daily users, as with any drug, especially addictive ones.

Every addict will say they are more productive on their drug and more philosophical, even cigarette smokers. Hell, even coffee drinkers.

If the NWO order means that the masses are slaves to the corporations then for sure these drugs are being shoved down the throats of children by the millions, and then on to adults, and the children who have been addicted for twenty years and are now adults.

Addiction is big business, you don't think drug dealers, drug companies, pharmacy chains, and doctors are actually doing what they do for the good of humanity do you?

You would have to be on some really strong drugs to believe that.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I also wanted to point out.

Ritalin was banned in the 80s by government til about the time Bush Sr. got into office.

Adderall XL was banned in the states in the last 2 yrs cause people were committing suicide over it.. No big deal they call it XR now.

Canada from what I understand banned Ritalin and Adderall I believe because it is bad for people.

Also 100% of prescription drugs taken on the planet 80% of them are taken by people in the states.

Look up on google ritalin banned FDA and adderall banned.

[edit on 8/6/2007 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
The schools have a system of abusing families. It works like this:
1. Tell the parents the child is exceptional
2. Set the child apart from other students
3. Sit the child with the slower kids so they get bored and frustrated
4. Put the child into conflict with authority for their behavior
5. Tell the parents their child is having difficulties
6. Order the parents to see the school board's pysche staff
7. Order the parents to put the kid on drugs
8. Threaten to remove the child from the home if orders are not followed
9. Create a perfect drug addict that will tell others how great their meds are

I saw this happening with my older brother 30 years ago, I saw the same
exact thing repeat itself with my daughter this last year, in kindergarten.

Haha, great stuff.
In my personal school experience: They didn't say I was exceptional except on the primary school, in which I got set in a SMART people group for ''advanced'' math. (I scored uber-high on the primary school ''test'' that determines what level of education you are allowed to follow) (Note this is about the education system in the Netherlands btw)

And well, the rest doesn't apply because I never got put in a ''slower kids'' section.

Same applies to about 95% of the people at my school. (INCLUDING the ''hyperactive'' people), the other 5% I don't know about.

And this is for MULTIPLE schools, not just the one I'm in.

To say that THE SCHOOLS (Without a specific location, leading me to believe you are talking about all the schools all around the world.) are involved with this abuse, nay.

Maybe a few, or maybe in a specific country, but I'd say your image is far from correct. (Or maybe the people I know and the friends of them and the schools I know are special and excluded from this ''abuse''?)

[edit on 6/8/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I too was misdiagnosed with ADD/ADHD. I took ritalin one time, and it made me feel really wierd, so I didn't take it anymore. I told my parents that I refused to take it and they supported my decision. It was more that I was bored in school, and didn't give a flip about what they were teaching, and was more interested in other topics (shooting guns, racing dirtbikes, driving race cars) and devoted most of my effort to learn more about those things. I guess the NWO doesn't like it when people are good at that stuff. If your kids get diagnosed with ADD/ADHD that just means they have strong leadership qualities, and like stuff that is more stimulating that sitting at a desk all day. Don't drug them, encourage them!!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
ADHD and most all other illnesses and conditions were non-existent until the government started dumping chemicals into the food, water, and every personal care and household product that we use, then introducing more synthetic chemicals (prescription drugs) to "cure" these conditions.

The lies told by the chemical, food and drug companies will make your head spin. The FDA is so corrupt, there is not much of anything they say that can be believed.

It's well-documented how all of the illness and disease that's rampant in our society today have increased directly with the increase of synthetic chemicals.

Here is a sample from the "The Hundred Year Lie" website:

1900:
cancer is the tenth leading cause of death in the U.S., responsible for only three percent of all deaths. By the end of the 20th century, cancer will be the cause of 20 percent of all deaths in the U.S.

Diabetes affects less than one-tenth of one percent of the U.S. population; by the end of the 20th century, almost 20 percent of U.S. citizens will contract types I or II diabetes.

Asthma and related immune system diseases are virtually nonexistent; by the end of the 20th century at least 150 million people worldwide will be afflicted.

Breast cancer in women is very rare in 1900; by 1960, breast cancer will affect one in 20 women; by 2005, one in three women will develop breast cancer.

1920:
from this date forward to 2000, the U.S. production of synthetic chemicals increases from less than one million pounds a year to more than 140 billion pounds a year.

1921:
General Mills Corporation creates a character named Betty Crocker to convince generations of Americans to use processed foods.

Prior to this date a total of 20 reports of endometriosis in women had been reported worldwide; by the late 1990s, nearly 20 percent of all women of childbearing age are afflicted with endometriosis in the U.S.

1930:
about 3,000 people this year out of a U.S. population of 123 million will die of heart disease; by 1997, at least 727,000 people will die of heart disease out of a U.S. population of 248 million.

1938:
A powerful new pesticide called DDT is discovered by a Swiss chemist; in this same year British scientists synthesize a synthetic estrogen called DES.

From this date until 1990, average human male sperm counts drop by almost 50 percent; during the same period the incidence of testicular cancer triples.

1940:
the petrochemical era is born. Using new technology that involves thermal and catalytic tracking, synthetic chemicals are created from petroleum that have never existed before. From this date forward to 1982, the production of synthetic chemicals increases 350 times; a new chemical substance is being discovered every nine seconds of every work day.

1945:
Nerve gas research conducted during the war results in the development of chemicals toxic to insects, producing an explosion in the production of pesticides.

1947:
sex hormones are first introduced into livestock production to add more fat and weight on the animals. One of those hormones, DES, is hailed as the most important development in the history of food production. Several decades later DES is found to cause cancer. Even after the FDA bans this substance, cattle continue to be administered illegal doses of DES.

1948:
from this date forward the American food industry doubles the amount of MSG every decade adding it to processed foods, including baby food. By the end of the century, researchers will discover that MSG can trigger dozens of toxic reactions in the human body.

1949:
the breast cancer rate for women is 58 cases per 100,000 people; within 40 years the breast cancer rate will be more than 100 cases per 100,000 people. The lifetime risk of contracting breast cancer more than doubles.

1952:
from this date forward to 1987, the production and use of synthetic pesticides in the U.S. will increase 13,000 times faster than before and just after World War II.

1961:
the FDA approves a medication called Ritalin for use by children with behavior problems. By 1975, about 150,000 children in the U.S. will be taking Ritalin. By 2005, about 6 million U.S. children will be using Ritalin, representing 85 percent of total Ritalin consumption in the entire world.

1964:
from this date to 1992, according to the USDA, chemical pesticide use in U.S. agriculture increased by 300 percent, though total cropland under cultivation remained virtually the same.

1968:
a Washington University in St. Louis scientist gives doses of MSG to laboratory mice and discovers widespread brain damage, especially in immature and newborn animals.

A U.S. Food and Drug Administration report reveals that lab animals fed irradiated foods “showed increases in pituitary cancer, testicular tumors, reduced fertility, and shortened life spans.”

There is five pages of this information on the website here:
www.hundredyearlie.com...

Here is a sample from an interview with the author:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, starting in 1999, began testing the blood of thousands of Americans to determine what synthetic chemicals are being carried in their blood, their body fat and their body organs. The results of these tests -- more than 10,000 people have been tested so far -- is that every single person tested was found to carry hundreds of these synthetic chemicals.

Source: Interview with Randall Fitzgerald, author of The Hundred-Year Lie, on the prevalence of toxic chemicals

People ingest chemicals in practically everything. They are in the food, the water, and the beverages. They are in the soap, shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, deodorant, perfumes, cleansers, carpeting, paint, laundry detergent, fabric softeners. The list goes on and on.

There are hundreds of documented cases of children who have been saved from medication simply by removing chemicals from their diets. MSG is in almost everything you purchase at the supermarket and it can cause children to become violent. Most of the time, MSG is NOT on the label of food products. The food industry is permitted to hide it in other ingredients.

Look for these items on the label (they ALWAYS contain MSG):
MSG, Gelatin, Calcium Caseinate, Monosodium glutamate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP), Textured Protein, Monopotassium glutamate, Hydrolyzed Plant Protein (HPP), Yeast Extract, Glutamate, Autolyzed Plant Protein, Yeast food or nutrient, Glutamic Acid, Sodium Caseinate, Autolyzed Yeast.

These items on a label OFTEN contain MSG:
Malted Barley (flavor) Flavors, Flavoring, Modified food starch,
Barley malt, Reaction Flavors, Rice syrup or brown rice syrup
Malt Extract or Flavoring, Natural Chicken, Beef, or Pork, Flavoring "Seasonings" (Most assume this means salt, pepper, or spices and herbs, which sometimes it is.), Lipolyzed butter fat, Maltodextrin, Soy Sauce or Extract, "Low" or "No Fat" items, Caramel Flavoring (coloring), Soy Protein, Corn syrup and corn syrup solids, Stock, Soy Protein Isolate or Concentrate, Citric Acid (when processed from corn), Broth, Cornstarch, Milk Powder, Bouillon, Flowing Agents, Dry Milk Solids, Carrageenan, Wheat, rice, or oat protein, Protein Fortified Milk, Whey, Whey Protein or Whey, Whey Protein Isolate or Concentrate, Anything enriched or vitamin enriched, Annatto, Protein fortified "anything", Spice, Pectin, Enzyme modified "anythng", Gums, Protease, Ultra-pasteurized "anything", Dough Conditioners, Protease enzymes, Fermented "anything", Yeast Nutrients.

The best thing people can do for their children is to avoid processed foods and pharmaceutical drugs. They are designed to make them (and you) sick.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ADD/ADHD is a horrible afliction, how can I put this, imagine you have to urinate very very badly, and, at the same time a WHO concert is going on AND fireworks going off in your field of vision. This is how you see the world ALL THE TIME!!!!!

( ooh something shiny!) Having ADD/ADHD is different than being Diagnosed with it. You want your mind to slow down to catch up with the rest of the world. Ritilan is/was a Horrible solution ( But the Teeming masses didn't know any better then) I was a Horrible student, I would read the entire text book during the 1 st week of school and never look at it again ( look up there, Dead bird!)

As an adult in the workplace, I go insane, I have to work alone or at very high paced Jobs, normal "assembly line" type work makes me cranky in about 15 seconds ( did I mention I was a Marine sniper........)

Yes, I have had brain scans and blood tests and every other type of psyche test in the last 35 years (diagnosed at 10) and took pills for it for 6 years (then grew like a weed when I got off of it) ADHD IS used as a crutch, but sometimes it is correct (I hear music) and a few, very few survive, I'm an addict type personality ( addicted to the net, reading, learning) but to the esclusion of all else is not good.

Someone said how can an ADD/ADHD person spend hours concentrating on a video game , wel the "good" video games are a constant stream of new information, exactly like how we see the real world.................

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-

To say that THE SCHOOLS (Without a specific location, leading me to believe you are talking about all the schools all around the world.) are involved with this abuse, nay.

Maybe a few, or maybe in a specific country,

The United States, its happening and its been going on for three decades at least.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
yeah, Rx companies always want to come up with new diseases and make their multi-million dollar profitable solutions... I definitely agree that these diseases, and some of the medications, might be ways of forcing "socially acceptable behavior" and conformity... they want us all sedated perhaps...

Another terrible disease they recently invented, Restless Leg Syndrome.... I can't take it seriously because of the name, does anyone actually suffer from RLS, and if so how serious are the symptoms that they need a pill with its own set of side-affects to cope?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Another terrible disease they recently invented, Restless Leg Syndrome.... I can't take it seriously because of the name, does anyone actually suffer from RLS, and if so how serious are the symptoms that they need a pill with its own set of side-affects to cope?

RLS is just another side effect of ingesting chemicals (like pretty much every condition). I have had intermittent RLS over the years and when I removed chemicals from my diet, the RLS disappeared. Occasionally when I eat something with chemicals, it returns. But in my research, I found that you can relieve RLS symptoms by placing a bar of soap under the bedsheets (around the ankle or lower leg area). I know it sounds ridiculous but there are lots of people who claim it works perfectly. I've never tried it. I'd rather eliminate the issue altogether as opposed to simply masking the symptoms. The mixture of all the different chemicals in our bodies will cause a plethera of weird conditions. The best thing anyone can do is eliminate the chemicals. They have no place in our bodies.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
While i was still in school I knew a few kids that actually had ADD/ADHD and needed medication. However, this is true for any psychological disorder, there are real schizophrenics and there are those that are misdiagnosed.

When I was younger my mother put me on Ritalin, I took it for maybe a few weeks. It gradually slowed and dulled my normal thought patterns, where I would ordinarily have a few things going on in my head, problems I'm trying to figure out, art work I was planning etc I had nothing. My mind gradually became silent and I felt like zombie. Needless to say I quite taking the pills and went back to being my normal mentally active self.

I have been put on many meds, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics you name it. The problem is that a doctor will prescribe a patient a medicine and if it doesn't work they will try a different medication and so on until the patient is happy (read: lobotomized).

I remember the last time I met with a psychiatrist, he decided I need to take Welbutrin (sp?). He pulled out his pen, which was a gift from the Welbutrin company and emblazoned with their logo. He then pulled out his prescription pad, also a gift from the company. He wrote me out a prescription and needless to say I never filled it.

I don't think people who haven't been on these meds understand what it does to you. In my experience anti-depressants simply dull all emotional input and bring you to a point where you don't really feel anything but are perfectly ok with that fact. Bad things would happen, things I knew should make me sad but they didn't. Happy things would happen and I felt nothing. I was just blindly content like a lobotomy patient.

Anyone who still agrees with the over medication of US citizens needs to look into how common frontal lobotomies and specifically trans-orbital lobotomies were.

These pills will steal your humanity.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitz
ADHD medication is there simply to make more money for drug company's in my opinion.

Too tired to read the whole thread, but the 2nd post is what I was going to say too.
Or maybe it's just because I watched sicko yesterday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join