It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Luck just another word for Karma ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Im pretty sure this is right section but if not...sorry.

I was thinking that some peopel ahve good luck and some peopel ahve bad luck, ive also heard the saying 'You make your own Luck' it sounds to me that luck is just karma, if you do good things and are a good person, then you ahev good luck, if you are abd and do bad things you ahve abd luck, but i also belive that bad luck can be accounted for a bad actions in a past life.

What do you think ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Personally I think they may be one and the same. The notions of 'good karma' and 'bad karma' are just like the notions of 'good luck' and 'bad luck'. However, it is my personal belief that karma has to do with what we have/have not done with what we were given during our past lives and how that has led to eather the ascention or decline of various aspects of our soul. What we do/not do with what we have matters alot in determining who we will/can be in future lives... whether that can translate to luck I guess is within the eye of the beholder.

Have A Good Day :-)

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I learned in History class that Karma is essentially Brownie points of the soul. If you do good things, you gain karma. If you do bad, you lose karma. Depending on how much karma you have at the end of your life, you will be reincarnated as a low animal or, in the best possible situation, you will end the cycle of reincarnation for your self and return to the Universe as one part of a whole.

Your definition of karma/luck seems to be pretty accurate -- both of you. I'm not an expert, though...

join