It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Found Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is my new thread about a secret society that not many people even know about. It is called a name that I don't exactly know yet. I am currently researching them and trying to find out all I can. I know so far that they are based only in America. They were formed during the revolutionary war. They are active today. There main goal is to enforce the constitution of America now. They are the best hidden society in the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sons of Liberty

it's a dead group, hasn't been active since the US civil war.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparkmanian024
This is my new thread about a secret society that not many people even know about. It is called a name that I don't exactly know yet. I am currently researching them and trying to find out all I can. I know so far that they are based only in America. They were formed during the revolutionary war. They are active today. There main goal is to enforce the constitution of America now. They are the best hidden society in the world.

I don't know about best hidden, but this Society dates from the time and is still active. If this isn't what you are talking about, perhaps by researching the history and membership, and then those members that seem of keen interest, you may get closer to what you are looking for.

Could it be the Society of the Cincinnati?

The concept of the Society of the Cincinnati probably originated with Major General Henry Knox. The first meeting of the Society was held at a dinner in Fishkill (now Beacon, New York near Newburgh), in May of 1783, before the British withdrew from New York City. The meeting was chaired by Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Hamilton, and the participants agreed to stay in contact with each other after the war. Membership was generally limited to officers who had served at least three years in the Continental Army or Navy but included officers of the French Army and Navy above certain ranks. (Later, membership was passed down to the eldest son after the death of the original member; present-day hereditary members generally must be descended from an officer who served in the Continental Army or Navy for at least three years, from an officer who died or was killed in service, or from an officer serving at the close of the Revolution.)

The Society is named after Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus, who left his farm to accept a term as Roman Consul and then served as Magister Populi for a short time, thereby assuming lawful dictatorial control of Rome to meet a war emergency. When the battle was won, he returned power to the Senate and went back to plowing his fields. The Society's motto reflects that ethic of selfless service: Omnia relinquit servare rempublicam - He relinquished everything to serve the Republic. The Society has from the beginning had three objects, referred to as the "Immutable Principles":

-To preserve the rights so dearly won;

-To promote the continuing union of the states; and

-To assist members in need, their widows, and their orphans.

Within twelve months of the founding, a constituent Society had been organized in each state and in France. Of about 5,500 men originally eligible for membership, 2,150 had joined within a year. King Louis XVI himself approved the French Society of the Cincinnati, which was organized on July 4, 1784. Up to that time, the King of France had not allowed his officers to wear any foreign decorations; but he made an exception in favor of the badge of the Cincinnati, and membership in the Society was so eagerly sought that it soon became as coveted as membership of certain orders of knighthood in France.

George Washington was elected the first President General of the Society. He served from December, 1783, until his death in 1799. The second President General was Alexander Hamilton.

(emphasis mine)

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8/5/07 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
no

here

The Improved Order of Red Men is a Fraternal Organization established in the Baltimore, Maryland in 1834. Their rituals and regalia are modeled after those used by native people of North America.

The order itself claims direct descent from the Sons of Liberty, noting that the Sons participated in the Boston Tea Party dressed as Native Americans. Thus, they continue to dress as Native Americans and are organized into tribes and such.

The organization claimed a membership of about half a million in 1935, but has declined to less than 38,000.

en.wikipedia.org...

goes back to Sons of Liberty...and Order of Red Men is still active.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yeah but what about the context in which the OP describes the group he has found?

Originally posted by sparkmanian024
I know so far that they are based only in America. They were formed during the revolutionary war. They are active today. There main goal is to enforce the constitution of America now.

Then look at the stated goals of the Society of the Cincinnati, then the stated goals of the Red Men:

Goals of the Red Men
To promote patriotism and the American Way of Life, to provide social activities for the members, and support various charitable programs. Our activities include:
• Flag Recognition Program — A program to honor those patriotic Americans who display the flag regularly.
• Faith Of Our Fathers Chapel — Chapel erected at Freedoms Foundation, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, to memorialize the ideals and principles of our founding fathers.
• Annual Pilgrimage To Faith Of Our Fathers Chapel — Annual meeting to renew and strengthen our beliefs in the American Way of Life.
• Children with Cognitive, Intellectual, and Developmental Disabilities Program — Support of various projects and programs of the ARC (formerly Association for Retarded Citizens) and Special Olympics.
• Red Men's Day At Arlington National Cemetery — Annual ceremony to honor our unknown soldiers and all brave Americans who have fallen in battle to protect our Freedom.
• Red Men's Week — Week of December 16th, designated as National Red Men's Week, commemorating the Boston Tea Party in 1773.

Source: www.redmen.org...

Of the two, I think the former has more relevance, but you are correct about the connections to the Sons of Liberty. I think, though, this is only apparent in that they commemorate the Boston Tea Party, and perhaps some members of the SoL helped found the Red Men. That would be enough for them to claim "direct descent" from them.

Just my thoughts. We could both be totally off; as he said: "They are the best hidden society in the world."

If that were indeed the case, we certainly wouldn't be able to find them on wikipedia!

join