It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanuatu UFO - August 2004

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Here is a photo I took in Port Vila, Vanuatu on August 26, 2004. I was staying at the Le Meridian Resort, and looking at the photo - to the right out of frame is the ocean, and to the left is inland on the island of Efate. On the 26th, I took a few hours to walk around the resort and surrounding property to get some 'touristy' shots, and this particular photo was taken near the boundary of the property looking over the lagoon. The kids in the photo had just come from the nearby jungle into the clearing where I was, and they didn't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary.

I didn't actually notice the object when I took the pic, I only saw it after I got home and went through my photos. The object appears on the upper left near the top of the frame. When zoomed in, it seems quite symmetrical. (There is also an anomaly on the center of the photo just above the trees, however that could easily be a bird given its height & lack of symmetry). Here's the full-res photo (it's 2.86MB):

Anyway, I do quite a bit of travel photography and this is the first and only time I've captured anything like this. The object only appears in this photo and in none of the others taken before or after. I didn't hear any planes or helicopters at the time. It wasn't windy that day so it coudn't be something blown from a tree. And if you look at the kids below, none of them look like they've thrown anything up in the air.

I was debating on whether I should bother posting it on ATS as it's so far away; I've seen better examples (and I've also seen worse). Anyway, I wanted to give you something more than just a little gray oval in the sky, so here's an analysis of the object. Feel free to do your own analysis, leave a comment, or ask anything.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I like this one! Thanks for posting something interesting.

To my eye, one can't simply toss this off as a "bug", bird, balloon, airplane, kite, whatever that people use to discount a lot of photos posted.

What prosaic explainations seem plausible? I have a couple:

1. Look at the ground. Lots of bits of tree debris can be seen. It could be you snapped a piece of falling tree debris.

2. We have a group of young boys here. A group of young boys and flying objects go together like peas and carrots in my book. Look at the boy on the far left. His right arm looks to be in a throwing motion. Did he just throw something in the air?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
When I took the photo I was actually looking at the kids and not the sky, and none of the kids were throwing anything. And since it wasn't particularly breezy on the day, I don't think it could have been debris blowing around.

Also, I'm not sure if this info was in the EXIF data, but I used a Nikon D70 with the lens that came with the camera. I shot this as a large JPEG (this was before I started shooting RAW files). The ISO setting was 200 as that's the lowest ISO for the D70.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Good stuff! Excellent work in photoshop as well, very intruiging!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
was just looking at the picture i couldn't help but notice another dot in the sky between the two coconut trees in the centre which looks like a bird if i must say but judging from the height of the object from the upper left portion of the picture i would say its arnd 1000ft to 1500ft or so, now that is a bit too high for a kid to throw objects!!!my best guess would be a bird i mean the object does become a bit distorted when zooming in and since it is near a coastal area i would ASSUME birds might change their body shape to counter for the gusty wind.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nice interesting shot.

From the lack of focus on the item i would of thought it would be at quite a height, plus it does appear to be behind the trees rather than in front.

What intriques me more is the colours associated with the object, green in the centre and black either end, any known birds with that colouration in that part of the world?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yes i noticed that when i looked at the image it did seem to look like a grey blimp but its just an oval thats smooth i mean you would see the propellers and the bottom of the blimp where the people pilot the blimp and well yes it is a ways up so it cant be a bird even if it did try to change its body shape to reduce drag on the wind its still too big to be one.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Definitely something there. If you examine the shadows cast by the children they corresond with the anomolies in the sky:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Looks like a distant chopper flying away to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Great presentation! They look a lot like the UFO that was seen at the O'Hare airport in Chicago. Just by looking at the original photo, they look metallic too.
I'm not surprised that there are 2 of them because even though they don't seem to be triangle UFO's, it's not unheard of for 2 UFOs to be seen in the same area at the same time. That's what we saw here over Lake Erie's shoreline a couple of years ago (2 triangles).

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
To me it looks like a blimp, and the object between the coconuts
look like a bird such as an eagle.
But then again I could be way off, you never know because the objects,
are not too clear.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Equinox99, if the oval object was a blimp, I would assume it would be moving slow enough to call attention to itself. Also it would have shown up in some of the other pictures taken before or after the photo.

And Port Vila, although is the largest town in Vanuatu, is still very much a village community. I never saw a blimp the entire week I was there. Here are the Wiki pages for Port Vila & the local airport, Bauerfield International Airport.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

No mention of any blimp activity, mainly international & small inter-island flights, and tourist helicopter flights.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I do agree however that the lower object between the trees could indeed be a bird since it's not as symmetrical and is much closer to the water.

Also, tyranny22, thank you for that anaylsis showing the direction of the light source & highlighting the reflection & shadows - excellent work.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
WOW!!!

Very cool!

What is best about this picture is it doesn't seem to resemble a bird at all.
I took the liberty of enhancing it with my GF version, it has cleared it up a bit.

Check this out!

I also coulnt help noticing the green on the bottom of this thing. ALl the pictures show this green translucency on the bottom. I have a nice monitor, with a sweet graphic card, can anyone else see this?

[edit on 5-8-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This could be rather interesting to hear what other members say this is...

I took the liberty of using a special program I have to crop and then reverse the image.
And that is all I used as far as filtering goes. I'm unable to ascertain at this time if
the image is a cut and paste or simply is as it is on the photo.

Unusual shape for sure.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The green is more prevalent in the pics you just posted JA. Could this indicate a type of propulsion used. WHO SEES THE GREEN???

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Is the green hue a result from Boran? I'll have to read up on it again.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Klaxmexalix]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klaxmexalix
Is the green hue a result from Boran? I'll have to read up on it again.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Klaxmexalix]

Hey I just read up on "Boron" not "Boran" and boron burns green your right!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yea, Boron! When the green hue was mentioned I remembered seeing or reading something about the aliens using Boron and how it burns green or something along those lines.

This video has some dude in shadows talking about Boron but there’s no mention of anything green, apart from the aliens I guess who take the Boron but he doesn't say how they use it. Do I take this guys word for it? not really but it adds to the enigma and I guess anything is possible.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klaxmexalix
Yea, Boron! When the green hue was mentioned I remembered seeing or reading something about the aliens using Boron and how it burns green or something along those lines.
This video has some dude in shadows talking about Boron but there’s no mention of anything green, apart from the aliens I guess who take the Boron but he doesn't say how they use it. Do I take this guys word for it? not really but it adds to the enigma and I guess anything is possible.
www.youtube.com...

WOW,
that is quite interesting.
Google boron propulsion you will find some links. Also one of those links I was reviewing had the flame color when its ignited and indeed its green. Fascinating!!!

Well done!!

[edit on 6-8-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join