It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$$$ for the one who can prove gods existence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The thing is I don't anybody here could prove a gods existence. Because like someone said some pages back it's faith and hope. God is what you believe it to be. You can't prove gods existence to anyone else and thats my point even for all the money on earth. You can't change my beliefs, athiests religious beliefs, christian religious beliefs or any other religious beliefs.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Look, there's really no point in me trying to explain the whole thing to you stupid Atheists — it's too complicated for you to understand. God exists whether you like it or not.
Therefore, God exists.

Now hand over the $$$

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nice remark with "stupid" but and you will get no money because like I said you cannot prove that a god exits, period.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Darkside,
OK here's your chance. Since you say god exists, prove it!!!!

I say gravity exists and I can prove it.

Lets try this experiment.

Climb to the top of your house, take one step off and see what happens.
If gravity exists, you will GO DOWN toward the earth.

How about if you use this same experiment to prove god exists. Try this, take one step off the edge and see if god stops gravity from dropping your to earth. Surely he could easily do this.

I should note that this is theoretically and I am in no way condoning the actual performance of this experiment. This is a message to those of great faith.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What you want is evidence of the type of God that sits in clouds and looks down on us under a bushy white beard, and therefore you can be smug in knowing that evidence for such a type of God would be lax. The thing is, how people define God varies. In my case, I can easily prove that the God I believe in exists. As my 'God' is the collective consciousness of all living beings, I must simply ask ' Are you conscious?', and I get my proof.

So in asking 'Proove to me God exists, you are simply sucumbing to the misinterpretations of the general media on what 'God' is. Before you ask such a difficult question, understand that the perception of God is different for everyone, what you have asked is impossible to be answered by a collection of people. Instead the question should be ' How can you proove to me that your God exists?'

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Either way,you cannot prove to me that your god exists. Understand that you cannot make me believe that your god exists no matter how much proof you believe you have or why you think your god exists. Therefore nobody can prove that their god exists.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'll be moving this to the BTS faith forum in just a few.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
frankgoggles,
actually you haven't proven any god exists by your statement. Your statement cannot be scientifically validated in any way, shape or form.

That being said, OK prove your god exists or any god exists or any way you want to put it, god exists.

Here's a definition to go by
Scientific Proof
A scientific method or process is considered fundamental to the scientific investigation and acquisition of new knowledge based upon physical evidence. Scientists use observations, hypotheses and deductions to propose explanations for natural phenomena in the form of theories. Predictions from these theories are tested by experiment. If a prediction turns out to be correct, the theory survives. Any theory which is cogent enough to make predictions can then be tested reproducibly in this way.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Darkside,

I say gravity exists and I can prove it.

Climb to the top of your house, take one step off and see what happens.
If gravity exists, you will GO DOWN toward the earth.

common "methods 200" mistake. you haven't proven "gravity" with this experiment. Gravity is merely a theory for why you fall to your death if you jump off a high building. The "force" of gravity has never been observed and the theory of gravity (what is it currently, space-time curvature), is only that, a theory.

my theory is that God ties and an invisible rubber band between you and the ground. if you stretch that too much, by going too high, then the band tightens and brings you crashing down to earth. With this theory in place, I could equally say that your empirical experiment proves the existence of God.

now I wouldn't suggest for a moment that the rubber band theory is actually true. Its just a theory used to explain an empirical fact. just like gravity is. in fact, if there are any physicists out there, hasn't the actual "theory of gravity" (theory of what gravity is) changed over the years?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Either way,you cannot prove to me that your god exists. Understand that you cannot make me believe that your god exists no matter how much proof you believe you have or why you think your god exists. Therefore nobody can prove that their god exists.

i posted this earlier, apparently you didnt read it.

entropy. the universe and everything in it operates on increasing entropy where as life procedes with negative entropy.

ill dumb it down in case you didnt understand. take out a bunch of ice cubes in a hot room. you know they will melt because the way of the universe always goes from order to disorder. life is an ice cube, that dispite it being hot in the room, gets more icy. the water just magically forms itself into a cube.

proof of god doesnt automatically mean proof that earth´s religions are correct.

so right there, there is evidence blatenly in front of you that the creation of life is not a naturally occurring thing.

thats the problem with most enlightened scientific thinkers. they dont think scientifically. you exam the evidence and then you come to a conclusion.

Therefore nobody can prove that their god exists.
that is a very unscientific thing to say. it implys that you made up your mind long before you were asking for such evidence. a very convienent thing to do when offering up money.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Nice remark with "stupid" but and you will get no money because like I said you cannot prove that a god exits, period

Darkside,
OK here's your chance. Since you say god exists, prove it!!!!

Erm, my post was a joke, I got it from here

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I See You, how can you blow off this evidence? Madness has just proved to you that God exist and you pay nothing? Your not being forthcoming with the cash makes me want to cry foul. You OWE madnessinmysoul cash. He proved the existance of Zeus aswell. So you got a bargain!!!

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
god exists because the bible says god exists and god says the bible is right...

substitute koran for bible if you want.

do i win anything?

wait... which god?

lightning exists, therefore thor, zeus, or any other patron of the storm exists.
pirates are awesome, therefore the flying spaghetti monster exists
we can't see unicorns, therefore the IPU exists

Now that I have proven that God exist I will pay my bills down with the prize money. My share should be half for bringing this info to you

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Proof that would make all non believers believe and close the case of gods existence forever.

The kingdom of GOD isn't of the dead, it's of the living. Sure men would rather pay to climb the wall, than to simply go through the door.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by WiseSheep]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
frankgoggles,
actually you haven't proven any god exists by your statement. Your statement cannot be scientifically validated in any way, shape or form.

That being said, OK prove your god exists or any god exists or any way you want to put it, god exists.

Here's a definition to go by
Scientific Proof
A scientific method or process is considered fundamental to the scientific investigation and acquisition of new knowledge based upon physical evidence. Scientists use observations, hypotheses and deductions to propose explanations for natural phenomena in the form of theories. Predictions from these theories are tested by experiment. If a prediction turns out to be correct, the theory survives. Any theory which is cogent enough to make predictions can then be tested reproducibly in this way.

If, as I have said, the perception of God varies for each individual, how on earth am i supposed to get evidence for a God that is worshipped by many? It's impossible, is what i am saying. If you have read my thread, Science vs. Spirituality, you would have heard me go over this a ga-zillion times... Science is so pissed off by the spirituality thing because God and other 'theories' cannot be brought under the parameters of conventional investigative Science. Science abides by rules and laws that spirituality does not.
If I just said, my God is the collective consciosness, then I have proven that my God exists because we all know that a collective consciousness exists, and has been proven by your sciences. So you see, God is made up of the power of those who believe in one, and is different for everyone, so if you don't believe or want a God to protect you, it won't. Therefore, it is your choice whether a God exists to you, just make sure you know that it exists to us, beyond the parameters of mundane Science...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

that is a very unscientific thing to say. it implys that you made up your mind long before you were asking for such evidence. a very convienent thing to do when offering up money.

Who says that I'm a scientist? I don't recall implying that I was.

You're are correct in implying that I did in fact make up my mind before asking for such evidence that does NOT exist. It's hard to be slow for you for obvious reasons but the fact is that you cannot prove that your god exists. The debate is endless between those who try everyday amongst those with or without beliefs and nobody wins/convinces the other that their belief is correct,no matter what proof you think that you have. So by offering cash to the one that prove that a god exists is a safe bet, don't you think? Got it now?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Who says that I'm a scientist? I don't recall implying that I was.

You're are correct in implying that I did in fact make up my mind before asking for such evidence that does NOT exist. It's hard to be slow for you for obvious reasons but the fact is that you cannot prove that your god exists. The debate is endless between those who try everyday amongst those with or without beliefs and nobody wins/convinces the other that their belief is correct,no matter what proof you think that you have. So by offering cash to the one that prove that a god exists is a safe bet, don't you think? Got it now?

again you push aside my point, you ignore the evidence not because you refute the evidence but because you simply choose not to examine it.

it bothers me that you say things like "the FACT is" when you yourself assert that you are using no scientific, logicial or simply reasonable process to arrive at your belief. it also shows that in an age of supposed enlightenment there are plenty of people just like you who jump to conclusions based purely on what they choose to believe.

i would be flogging a dead horse if i said that religion today, and in fact throughout most of history has been corrupt, most threads here have shown clear evidence of that. but just because an institution claims to represent god doesnt mean that it does. that point cannot be used to simply say "god doesnt exist".

the "FACT" is, life goes against every scientific process we know. it is a complex variable that is becoming more complex as time goes by (see fossil record) where as the universe becomes more chaotic. that point cannot simply be explained away.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I will put up some hard earned cash and if anyone else is willing to do the same to the person who gives undeniable proof that god exists. Proof that would make all non believers believe and close the case of gods existence forever. Any takers?

Must be hardcore undeniable proof and be along the lines of taught religions.

Not bothering to read the entire thread, this is just to the original post.

Undeniable proof that God exists? Read over the New Testament, with your heart. Come to my church sometime, the best sermons are in the winter. Come and pray with me in the front of the chapel. Pray until it hurts, pray until your knees bleed and your thighs tremble, and then pray some more. Close your eyes, and remember that God does not listen to your voice, He listens to your heart. Build a connection to God and sever yourself from sin and doubt. Then comes the Holy Spirit which possesses your body and allows you to pray and speak in tongues. After the initial grief, sacrifice, repentance, humility, and eventually the ability to Speak with God through tongues, I want you to look me in the eye and tell me God does not exist.

Alas, you were looking for me to snap my fingers and have God come down and say "What's up." Take this to heart, and I pray that you do. Nothing worth having ever came easily. And I assure you, God is worth having.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join