It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$$$ for the one who can prove gods existence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Heres an even better idea!! Lets start a section called "ATHEISM" so I never have to read another stupid "PROVE GOD EXISTS" thread. Its called agreeing to disagree. And these threads are getting MORE AND MORE POINTLESS! Why dont I just start one called $$$ TO ANYONE WHO CAN PROVE GOD DOESNT EXIST! Its what is known as a POINTLESS ARGUMENT. Like Why do we exist? Why are we alive? Which religion is right??
What are you Atheists looking for? Richard Dawkins is as good as it gets folks, and if your still not convinced after reading his books, BE AGNOSTIC!! Dont come to a discussion website and flame on other people trying to get your affirmation.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Trauma]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This entire thread is a joke. I'm sorry, but the thread creator is one of the most arrogant people I've ever seen. It's pretty easy to sit there and offer money to anyone who can't prove God exists then have a set of rules on HOW they have to prove it. Everyone knows you can't just prove it that easily.

It would be hilarious if you did this thinking that it couldn't be done. So you offered an insane amount of money - $100 million for example - that you actually don't have and someone came out of nowhere and proved without a doubt that God exists and wanted that money. What would you do then? You'd be completely screwed because you let your arrogance get the best of you.

This is why I hate some Atheists. I don't hate all of them. I've met some that don't try forcing their beliefs on others and they didn't act better than everyone else. But the majority of the ones I've met have all acted the same. Believe that everything they think just can't be wrong and they felt the need to force their beliefs on others, completely arrogant. Those are the ones I hate. Actually, anyone who tries to force a religion on others, but in my experience I've come across a lot of Atheist that try it.

I believe in a God, but I still hate organized religion. They all follow the the idea of the same "entity", but feel the need to constantly bicker back and forth at each other about who is right and who is wrong.

You can't prove without a shadow of a doubt that God exists and you can't prove without a shadow of a doubt that there is no God. Someone saying "Well...uh...look around. Do you see some bearded man in the sky?" doesn't prove anything at all and that type of excuse gets old like these threads.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
here is your evidence:

In the Quran, God wrote down some perdictions that would sooner or later come true. Here is one of the predictions.

www.thewaytotruth.org...

The Byzantine and Persian Empires were the super-powers of the time. It was during the years when the few believers were severely persecuted in Makka that the Persians utterly defeated the Byzantines. They had sweeping victories, and conquered Aleppo, Antioch, and the chief Syrian provinces, including Damascus. Jerusalem fell to their arms in 614-615. The Christians were massacred and their churches burnt. The Persian flood of conquest went on to Egypt, and reached as far as Tripoli in North Africa. Another Persian army ravaged Asia Minor and reached right up to the gates of Constantinople. The Makkan pagans rejoiced greatly, and redoubled their taunts and persecution against the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, whose Message was a renewal of the Message of Jesus preached in Palestine. The following Quranic verses, which were revealed just at that time, gave certain tidings of a very near victory of the Romans over the Persians:

Alif Lam Mim. The Romans have been defeated in a land close by, but they, after their defeat, will be victorious, within nine years. God’s is the command in the former case and in the latter, and on that day believers will rejoice, with the help of God. He helps to victory whom He wills. He is the All-Mighty, the All-Compassionate. (30:1-5)

No one at that time could make such a prediction. But the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, conveyed these Divine Revelations to his followers. They confirmed him without hesitation and Abu Bakr bet the Makkan polytheists that the Romans would be victorious in nine years. Heraclius, the Roman Emperor attacked the Persians initially by sea in 622 (the year of the Hijra), and after decisive battles and three successive campaigns, put them to rout in a few years. His victories happened at the same time as the believers won the victory of Badr over the Makkan polytheists. Thus the verses above contained two predictions, both of which came true in nine years.

If you do not believe that it is true then pick up an english version of the Quran and read the phrase given, then double check with history timelines and see who is right and who is wrong.

After this, if you still don't believe in god... then its plain flat out simple, you are looking for an excuse to disbelieve in god, and only an arrogant one can neglect evidence as this one.
Remember, I said this is one of the predictions... there are many more.

Reason why I chose the war prediction: War can sway both ways in any insant no one can just sit down and guess who will win.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Akutski]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
...proof is free...

...so is Gods love...

...I have all the proof I'd ever need of His existance...and so already have my reward beyond whatever money you wish to offer...

...keep your money...it may provide for your physical needs, but I doubt it provides for your spiritual ones...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akutski
here is your evidence:

In the Quran, God wrote down some perdictions that would sooner or later come true. Here is one of the predictions.

But where is the evidence that it is written by GOD?
I too, can write stuff down in a book, and claim it has been written by god.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
i came all the way out of hibernation to win this payoff , so u better be 4 real, ive lurked without posting for over a year maybe 2 yrs...

anyways

ill give u precise mathematical concept to Prove "god" lol

E = mc^2 (+ or -)

that famous equation basically says in laymens terms, that All things in existance are ENERGY

kk

So Everything = energy ( Hey its simple math )

Now, ask yourself, what IF "Soul" existed, What would it be composed of at its basis? ENERGY of course, because EVERYTHING = ENERGY

So , Everything = Energy = Soul ***Since soul couldnt possibly be anything else due to the fact only ONE THING EXISTS!!! Energy!!!****

Now, IF "God" were to "exist" What would "God" be composed of?
Nothingness or energy?
U answer me that, and lets look at the logic here

Everything = Energy = Soul = God

What is Coinciousness? well ill be damned even the neuroscientists are telling me that coinciousness = Energy

So???
Everything = Energy = God = Soul = Conciousness

Hahaha, see how easy it is to use Einstiens equation to show that theres only 1 thing composing the universes very fabric? Energy

and if there was any God, Ever, it would have to be this "energy" i keep speaking of -----which is the embodiement of the phsyical universe itself

break that word down - universe ( one agianst itself )

Hell even the bible agree's in Genesis "God is all and all is God"

NONE OF THIS MEANS ANY RELIGION IS CORRECT ABOUT ANYTHING!
Plz keep that in mind!

All im showing you is that GOD does exist, GOD IS THE UNIVERSE ITSELF!

Math buddy! E=MC^2

Now, if you would plz U2U me id like to collect my check, im dirt poor right now and need to buy some food badly
ty 4 ur time

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
yep, u just heard it

i proved to you that God exists, and the poop you laid in your toilet , was a Piece of God

You should thank me for this, its a favor

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
-0mega-

Any1 can write something in a book... but can any1 predict the future ? no that was the point I was making. The fact that what god wrote in the holy book as a prediction became true proves that he does exist.

Please read the posts properly before posting dude because you were way of the point on this one

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
dude those "predictions that came true" could have been written AFTER the fact, history is writtin by those who Lived thru the war

Not those who died in it

just food for thought, u cant trust ur history books

BUT U can trust Mathematical Logic!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Nostradomus predicted the future with uncanny accuracy on MANY occasions, does that mean that Nostradomus is actually the real personality of GOd? No of course not

Hes only a fraction of "God" just as are all things in existance

feces in the Toilet - aideos God *flush*

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
muzzleflash

If you read through history etc.. blah blah blah you will see that all these predictions were written before it happened. As for Nostradomus, I could say that the sun will rise tomorrow... I could say that atleast 10 human beings will die tomorrow... get the drift ?
While as God its more like, tomorrow a mountain of gold will appear, things that no mater how much maths or science you put into it you will never figure out.

Besides are you also saying that the holy books could have been written by people ? Because it is known that till today no poet(s) on earth can re-create such books. If you didn't know that, then thats just plain ignorance :p.
If you don't believe that... then why hasn't any1 else till today created another book ?... the answer is simple... its because they can't.

Don't go into book editing and what not... because anyone can take some1 else's english essay, change a couple of words and say it was theirs.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
When Stalin (being an athiest) asked his advisors "so were is this evidence that the bible is true and there is a god" ? a wise one stepped forward and said...."The Jews".

I suggest your only requirement for an answer lies in the prophecy fortold in the Old Testament, the history of the Jews and the requirements of the "Messiah" to be met in the Old Testament. The Jewish race and its existance as a State ( Israel ) is nothing more than astonishing in reference to the prophecy that noone can deny. This most favoured status with God is clearly stated in the Bible and to deny the anomaly is to deny the truth, which is clearly pointed at a creation and a creator, orated and written down for all to know.

Don't label me as a bible basher or religious nut that is too blind to see anything else, I have probably studied this phenomenom more than most athiest's would and have come to the undeniable fact....matter is nothing more than a vibration of nothingness, an expression of intelligence, order presented in disguise of chaos but more importantly the sound of a creation/creator breathing existance and experience for all of us to see and feel and LEARN.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
The eye developed from evoluton, yeah right?
The eye is too complex to come by chance.

The problem I have with complexity arguements, is that they are ignoring the possibility that the universe is billions of years old. Given billions of years, it is not that far fetched that something of such great complexity could have evolved. Add to that the idea of circular time, and we could be on the billionth loop of this universe. That would essentially make an infinite amount of time for these evolutions to occur.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
all im saying is using a historical anedote , and expecting us to Trust the sources of writtin history writtin by Mankind (who is a well know liar)

u wont convince any hard core skeptics with that argument

anyways ur definition of "god" if it were some guy floating in the sky who was separate from the universe

but i just posted math/logic that clearly showed God was the ESSENCE of the entire universe , not some silly old man with a beard floating on a cloud --- which is extremely limiting of God reducing him to a singular entity ---where as the math logic clearly shows that God = All things

predictions from 1500years ago? Easily debatable

Math logic = much more difficult to beat

so ya even if your Religion based "god" definitions "That god is a guy floating around watching everyone on earth writing down if we were bad or good" it wouldnt matter if this "God" was real or not

Cuz the God that = Entire essence of universe would encompass your shallow "god" and all other "shallow gods" at the same time plus all other existance all into one huge universe (and anything i forgot to mention beyond the universe)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
The Human Eye

health.howstuffworks.com...

The eye developed from evoluton, yeah right?
The eye is too complex to come by chance.

i see your simple comment and raise you richard dawkins, biologist

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It is not complexity that you should be worrying about... its the balance. How for every prey there is a predator... and how its equally balanced so that when it is left alone it can self sustain. The whole balance on earth... the exact distance it is from the sun that gives us an environment to live in. All these could not have happened by "pure chance" or coincidence... To me its just too perfect for coincidence itself :p.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
muzzleflash

When did I say:

anyways ur definition of "god" if it were some guy floating in the sky who was separate from the universe

That was your definitions of God... not mine... how would you know what i picture god as ?

Furthermore, you ignored my point about the books... I asked you if the holy books could ever be re-written again... obviously they can't.

Tell me how math can explain life... beginning and ending of time.... the solar system. It can't because no one knows how it started or where it came from. You have all these theories about the big bang etc... but remember they are still "theories". There might be an explanation for all of this but our imagination simply can't handle it.

Besides, how can you debate the predictions if they already happened ?

Anyway, we are drifting off topic... lets go back to topic, the man needs to know if God exists not in what form he exists as ^^.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
u cant claim "oh its too cool to be a coincidence"

if the coincidence didnt occur in the first place, u couldnt even say that crap cuz We wouldnt exist!

im sorry but you have commited a grave logical fallicy, busted

now, back to the Math theory i posted 30min ago...which no one has even addressed once yet...

Edit to add == dude your not the one giving the reward here im done with u , theres been a billion books writtin since the bible was, and i know what ur definition of god is cuz ur touting the bible
i dont care anymore i would argue to the end with u cuz u never listened to me once u just kept yelling that u think God wrote the bible without any decent reasoning behind it ---for all u know the devil wrote the bible to mislead you away from the True God

i only post this crap cuz i want the $$$ reward, and i honestly dont care if ur brain rots , im not here for u im here for me and to get my $ for proving it scientifically thru observation

U2U me OP when ur ready to talk about the reward thanks!

Im outta here (THIS IS WHY I LURKED FOR 2years! cuz i hate getting bogged down into arguing rediculous pointless things)

id rather watch everyone else argue it out lol but today there was a reward offered so i came back

alrite, im gonna try real hard not to ever post in this thread agian, cuz it sucks, im out

[edit on 6-8-2007 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akutski
It is not complexity that you should be worrying about... its the balance. How for every prey there is a predator... and how its equally balanced so that when it is left alone it can self sustain. The whole balance on earth... the exact distance it is from the sun that gives us an environment to live in. All these could not have happened by "pure chance" or coincidence... To me its just too perfect for coincidence itself :p.

The balance of predator/prey is again a complexity thing. Given an infinite amount of time, a world more "perfect" than this one can and WILL evolve. I find it much less likely that a god choose to create this world out of "pure chance" than for something like circular time to be the answer. One always runs into the issue of who created god if he (it/her) created the universe. Circular time provides the possibility that everything just is and is like a record. Once the end is reached it starts over again.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
now, back to the Math theory i posted 30min ago...which no one has even addressed once yet...

The problem with your hypothesis, is that equation takes into account mass, which it is very likely the soul/spirit have no mass. So E=0 which would mean nothing. E=mc2 is nothing more than an equation in a theory, the General Theory of Relativity to be exact. Newtonian principles and equations were used before that. Before all of these there were equations that are no longer used because the theories have been proven false.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join