It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$$$ for the one who can prove gods existence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There has to be something that is considered god. How was everything created? Something had to imagine all this univerese up.

There is no such thing as nothing, that alone should be proof of a god.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
according to the American Heritage Dictionary, a general non-denominational definition of a god is:

One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed

There for, the process of a god existing is the mere idolization and worship of said being.

In many aspects, any teen celebrity is a god.

Theres proof that god exists, somebody believes in somebody, and idealizes or worships them, and that alone is enough to propel them into the status of "godlyhood"

I win.

You can send a check or money order to the following address:

2628 Durham Rd
Levittown, PA 19017

Thats a dropoff point.

Thanks, I'll expect it in about 90 days.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As some of you here already know, I am a hardcore atheist. That being said, THIS TOPIC IS RIDICULOUS.

How about this? I've got $$$$ for those of you who can prove WITHOUT DOUBT that there is NO god.

God is faith my friends.
God is an idea.
God is hope.

stop trying to take it away from those that need it.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
God is faith my friends.
God is an idea.
God is hope.

I'm a hardcore Christian and the above is absolutely beautiful.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If you don't believe, why persist? To believe is a choice, either you choose to or you choose not to, so why the money offer? Can'you prove God doesn't exist? Of course not. So why is either side so persistent? Deal with your own choices, there is no law saying we must sway others one way or another.

Even as a believer I am becoming frustrated by the battle between the factions, believe or don't believe, why does it matter? We are responsible for our own choices. We're born alone and die alone, make a choice...damn.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
hmm yea amazing miracles in the world that cannot be explained by science.
just search miracles and alot would come up showing and telling you about amazing miracles.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i dont believe in god in the christian sense i believe in an unseen creator...i guess it makes me agnostic...i question...what you fail to realise is...while you laugh at the believers for blind faith...they laugh at you...

if you go around looking for proof of everything then what life can you lead? can you proove your in love? show me photographic evidence that you love someone? you cant but its a very real thing, to try and cast doubt on someones belief is just plain rude, in my personal opinion, and who knows...you may be wrong...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Every single theory on God/Creation/designer/ spontaneous being/ the universe creating itself, backwards causality, anthropic principle..

Every single theory out there asks its 'audience' at some point in the theory (normally towards the earliest explanations of being)

To take 1 major fact in that theory on FAITH alone ..

if u dont believe me go read them all .. they all rely on u taking on faith that a certian 'Principle' is a possibility because it just happens to fit the situation (and sometimes the only way they can get a theory to work) at the time.. from religion to science there all the same.

you have a safe bet coz no one can prove anything either way

That is all....

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
God is a perceived being. If I believe God exists based on whatever evidence is put in front of me then he exists to me therefore he exists.

Not that I am saying God does exist literally but Philosophically, a belief in something makes something exist to that person. The fact that you don't believe in God doesn't mean he doesn't exist to someone else, because he exists to someone, in some sense he exists.

Its like Descartes "Cogito Ergo Sum"

Thats my proof and its a logical as any.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

As some of you here already know, I am a hardcore atheist. That being said, THIS TOPIC IS RIDICULOUS.

How about this? I've got $$$$ for those of you who can prove WITHOUT DOUBT that there is NO god.

God is faith my friends.
God is an idea.
God is hope.

Jasn

Star for you man i couldnt have put it better myself i to am sorta still deciding but i know i dont like mass orginased religion one bit .. however.

the Op is essentially Persecuting people for there beliefs as intefering with everyones life..

but imagine.. my grandparents are hard core religous people, my mother used to catch them telling me and my sister heavy religous stuff and teaching us stuff my parents didnt agree with ..they used to take us to church and tell us not to tell our parents ... after a while this was discovered and problems arose in there relationships..

I to for many years resented my grandparents for forcing there obviously flawed views onto me at such an early age ... they probably turned me into a hardcore atheist for the first 10 years of my adult life. i thoguht wht they did was unforgivable.

then one day someone said one thing to me .... (not a religous person) .. she said in a way she could understand why they did it ...they didnt do it to annoy people or to upset my family..

They did it because they 110% believe in it .. from there point of view they were trying to save us .. i mean wouldnt you try to save someone you loved? i know i would do anything to save thiose i loved, i would give my life and probably take it also (chilling sry) if u believed you knew the truth?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Heres your answer my curious friend. Walk to the nearest mirror and look at the refelction. That is how you know God exists- Because you exist, and you while existing are able to ponder such a thought as a God existing.
Why? How? Credentials?
It's like a giant fishbowl inside the body of one omnious being. We are all a part of the 'one', but we are able to live inside the 'one' and have the freedom to choose to accept this 'truth' or not- our free-will.
Many people need a faith just to make it through a day. Some people have been burned by what they believe to have been God/religion, or have been abused in the name of the latter. But for me, personally, I have been a memeber of each of the three senerios that I just mentioned. Now, I have found the truth within myself, and my fellow man, 'true humans' like most of the members on this site that are spending there time trying to find an answer amiss all the dust, debri and pollution.
Again, just my own small opinion, but delivered to you from the enormously honest and deepest part of my soul

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here is the problem with proving or disproving God:

You have to use God as proof of God exists. To those demanding proof this often negates the efforts of those doing the proving. To simplify what my point is lets exchange the word 'God' with the word 'Life'.

Can you prove to me that Life exisits, without using Life itself in your evidence?

Can you prove to me that Life does not exist, without using Life as your proof?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

God is faith my friends.
God is an idea.
God is hope.

I'm a hardcore Christian and the above is absolutely beautiful.

Thank you. That's what I'm here for, to spread the love like G.W. feels the gynecologists of the world should be able to do.

I'll be here all week

Jasn

As a side note, it's threads like this that make me ashamed to be an atheist.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I will put up some hard earned cash and if anyone else is willing to do the same to the person who gives undeniable proof that god exists.

Prove to me that he does not

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
JOHN 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Dont need your money. I have plenty thanks. Also have plenty of faith.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This has to be the thousandth thread about this. I have read too many threads the last two weeks stating "Lets settle this debate right here, right now." Use the search function, participate in the open threads that are discussing the same exact topic! Are people that desperate for ATS points that they must change the title of the thread (slightly) and rehash the same old questions?

Now I'll post something relevant to this discussion so my post doesn't get flamed/ignored. Why do you need "hardcore" proof? It seems everyone who asks for this proof has a hidden agenda. Be secure in your OWN beliefs. Do a little research on your OWN. GOOGLE is your FRIEND. It seems to many are unwilling to do any work on their own for such information. Part of what makes knowledge powerful, is the journey one takes to get it. If all of life's answers were handed to us, it would mean very little. Just like some spoiled brat who gets a brand new BMW on their 16th birthday.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
God does exist and if I said she does'nt, she wont let me sleep with her again, and I would have too make all my own meals, and cups of tea.
So you try telling my missus she does,nt exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
This has to be the thousandth thread about this. I have read too many threads the last two weeks stating "Lets settle this debate right here, right now." Use the search function, participate in the open threads that are discussing the same exact topic! Are people that desperate for ATS points that they must change the title of the thread (slightly) and rehash the same old questions?

Now I'll post something relevant to this discussion so my post doesn't get flamed/ignored. Why do you need "hardcore" proof? It seems everyone who asks for this proof has a hidden agenda. Be secure in your OWN beliefs. Do a little research on your OWN. GOOGLE is your FRIEND. It seems to many are unwilling to do any work on their own for such information. Part of what makes knowledge powerful, is the journey one takes to get it. If all of life's answers were handed to us, it would mean very little. Just like some spoiled brat who gets a brand new BMW on their 16th birthday.
You sound very frustrated, and I understand. But, in defense of some of what you said... I have on and off lurked aTS without posting, and I have started posting recently. Religion is a concept that is fascinating to me in its intensity, history, prophesy, and beliefs, aside from any emotional/spiritual connection. And, mainly tonight is the first time Ive been able to come to grips with listening, debating, or demonstrating my own faithful ideas. So, please forgive some of us that are new to discussing this, because we may have missed some really great point that you yourself have made, and if you just decide to get upset instead then you may miss out on helping someone achieve greater knowledge.
And also, as far as googleing goes. My schedule permits very minimul free time, and my aTS is my own form of research and opinion worthy guide. Better this then FOX news, right?
I try often to ask a question that may define a point of research, I express my opinions in order to further discussion in different avenues of exploration.
All Im saying is, enlighten people, even if it seems mundane and hopeless and you are completely exhausted about it, you never know when a vital piece of every growing knowledge that you hold, or is to be heard by you and it will redirect your understanding and quest.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The Human Eye

health.howstuffworks.com...

The eye developed from evoluton, yeah right?
The eye is too complex to come by chance.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When I was 12 and didn't know my butt from a hole in the ground, I was invited to an amazing meditation seminar. My friend's karate sensei was friends with the Dalai Lama. He invited me to come to the dojo in Pacific Palisades (off the Pacific Coast Highway) one weekend morning to meditate with about 200 other followers of the Dalai Lama. I was only 12, but it was an amazing experience, one that I will never forget.

After the seminar was over the Dalai Lama and the sensei showed a few of us a photo album. One picture was of the Dalai Lama sitting in a clearing in a forest. He had a circular rainbow completely around him in a 360 degree circle. Sitting around him in an outward circle were at least 30 species of forest animals. It was one of the most amazing photos I have ever seen. And I am smart enough and have enough faith in what the Dalai Lama was saying to know he didn't photoshop these images. This was 16 years ago. If that isn't proof of God, I don't know what would be.

They also continued to tell us some amazing stories. One involved the Dalai Lama teleporting himself and walking through walls. Apparently they were trying to play a joke on a mutual friend. Inside the friend's house, the Dalai Lama was last seen in the kitchen and 2 seconds later he came walking through the bedroom door. I never saw picture evidence of this one, but I can't imagine the Dalai Lama would lie to me about such a thing. He is certainly an amazing man. He spends 12 - 16 hours a day meditating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join