It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone out there have powers?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
I can turn wine into water. As far as I can tell, I was born with this ability.

that being said, I look forward to you posting your video of you changing wine into water

[edit on 7-8-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I could, but it would require a self-delusional capability that I don't have, at least not in the abundance that you've displayed.

Such as thinking you have magic powers because you haven't broken any bones yet.

That, of course, was the point of my post. Perhaps I made it a bit too abstract. Here, let me clarify. Not breaking bones at 22 is not a magic power.

Neither is having bad health but not dying of it.

Sorry Tom I wasn't aware you were a comedian, you should have said.

I think my post came within the 'does anyone have powers' topic. I think the fact that mine had a point to it puts it above yours.

If you actually think about what i typed you will see that I am not claiming to ACTUALLY be invincible but that I have escaped some near fatal accidents without a scratch on me. As for my grandfather.. a person that proves that we are not as fragile as we think.

To me this is more of a 'power' than knowing what is on the radio next (no offence to the person with that power intended)

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
elevatedone,

It's an ability that I believe I can teach to many others. All you need to do is send me $29.95 (I accept most major credit cards) and I can activate your DNA to add this power from a distance. Your money back if it fails.

I'd like to take credit for it, but this power is a gift from the FSM.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Take it as a lighter-hearted skeptical statement if you will. Perhaps it would have been more obvious if I'd just said the usual "Nuh-uh!" sort of thing.

Your post was above mine, at least sequentially. But as far as topic adherence goes, I'd say that your post was less on topic than mine. In but two sentences, I managed to imply that many of the things claimed so far in the thread were less than miraculous, and did so in a somewhat amusing non-offensive way.

On the other hand, you claimed your lack of broken bones was a power, but then said it was not. Therefore neither post was on topic, or the first one was a misstatement.

Back on topic, so far the lead horse in the thread seems to be confirmation bias by a nose, followed in a close second by unconscious perception.

I'm not sure if all radio stations do it, but a lot of them have a certain number of songs that play in order. We noticed this one day when we were really bored, and put together a copy of the play list. All day long, we amazed people with our 'psychic powers' by naming the next song to play, suitably embellished with background stories such as "I had a dream last night, and we were right here doing this, then this song played next...and it was [name]." Sure enough, the song would play, then everyone just KNEW we were psychic.

We probably wouldn't have noticed, but we kept having "hunches" about what song came next...then sat down and tried to determine why.

It's a lot less exciting than thinking you have "powers" I suppose.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'd like to take credit for it, but this power is a gift from the FSM.

FSM ?

Okay, I'll U2U my credit card info, stand by...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Take it as a lighter-hearted skeptical statement if you will. Perhaps it would have been more obvious if I'd just said the usual "Nuh-uh!" sort of thing.

Your post was above mine, at least sequentially. But as far as topic adherence goes, I'd say that your post was less on topic than mine. In but two sentences, I managed to imply that many of the things claimed so far in the thread were less than miraculous, and did so in a somewhat amusing non-offensive way.

On the other hand, you claimed your lack of broken bones was a power, but then said it was not. Therefore neither post was on topic, or the first one was a misstatement.

Back on topic, so far the lead horse in the thread seems to be confirmation bias by a nose, followed in a close second by unconscious perception.

I'm not sure if all radio stations do it, but a lot of them have a certain number of songs that play in order. We noticed this one day when we were really bored, and put together a copy of the play list. All day long, we amazed people with our 'psychic powers' by naming the next song to play, suitably embellished with background stories such as "I had a dream last night, and we were right here doing this, then this song played next...and it was [name]." Sure enough, the song would play, then everyone just KNEW we were psychic.

We probably wouldn't have noticed, but we kept having "hunches" about what song came next...then sat down and tried to determine why.

It's a lot less exciting than thinking you have "powers" I suppose.

I wasn't expecting a debate to arise from my post to be honest as i wouldn't want to take the thread away from the OP. On the other hand im honoured you took the time.

You seem to have a real knack for writing and you make a good point. Unfortunately I have a job and a lot less time on my hands. I would love to write a thread about why my post was more relevant than yours but frankly.. I havent got the will or the time.

Let the thread continue...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
More on topic, I suppose, are people that I have seen that just amazed me.

People are so varied, can you call a skill that someone's good at a "power"? Or does it have to be supernatural?

I've got a cousin that's a math savant, is that a power, do you think?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Guardian_Crystalzone
My powers were obtained by me, don't ask how because I don't know, when I was 8. I had small natural control. Such as wind, fire, water, and I can lift stuff with my mind.

Awesome!

I need you to help. I have this valve for my toilet thats stuck and leaking a little bit. Slowly, but surely. It happens to be in a location that would require me to actually remove the toilet to work on it, however, since its stuck, I can't shut off the water to remove the crapper.

If you could come over and will the water to stop leaking, or just force it to stop while I dismantle the crapper, that'd be great.

I'll buy you a pizza for your efforts.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My aunt thinks I'm an indigo child. She's crazy though. She reads tarot cards at a shop downtown partime and works at a tatoo shop the rest of the time.

She also claims to have the ability to 'smell death'.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by meurig
I don't know if this applies but i dream like everybody else but, i very rarely remember them and when i do remember a dream they come true.
Also i can listen to the radio and a tune will play in my mind and that will be the next tune to play but i think it's more luck.
And i can tell which way a car is going to go ie whether turning left or right when they don't use their indicators. Maybe luck again

Hey i have the same things going on with me and i'm convinced they are real cuz so many have commed true, i found that you can control it by letting it come to you naturally instead of forcing it and i have more luck when i'm just playing around like here is an example of something i did

i went to see MR Brooks at the movie theater and then this comercial for a magician came on and i never had seen it.

so the game was to guess the card he was going to pull out so i said what the hell and i called it in my head, i picked the queen of hearts and when he revealed it bingo i got it right

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Have always had "interesting" happenings on occasion. One example: Fall festival at my elementary school. Went with my parents, one older sister and a friend of both myself and my sister.

At the entrance to the grounds my sister announced that she and our friend did not want me with them, that I was too young to be with them. I looked at my friend and she sorta shrugged, as if to not want to rock the boat. I was angry but did not say a word, but my mind was speaking loads. My parents handed us a few quarters apiece and headed off to run the cotton candy stand and the balloon stand.

Standing alone I made a determination, no doubt, no hesitation about it; they were going to wish they had been with me. Heading off into the festival I stopped and helped Mom for a bit (learned how to tie off balloons), stopped off to check on Dad and then headed off for the cake walk.

Cut to the end of the day: I won seven cakes. The cake lady was looking at me like I was some sort of devil. Also, in the grab bag I won the big prize of the fair, a camera; and also the second place prize (can't remember what it was). When we all met up at the end of the day my sister was holding a baggie with a gold fish as was my "friend".

My Mother made me give away all the cakes except one. The cake lady had a short talk with Mom, never heard what was said. My sister for a short time was very nice to me, lol, a very short time. My "friend" suddenly was my "friend" again, but it never was the same, I knew.

All because I felt I had been totally wronged and was determined to show them that. In my mind it was righteous retribution, the prizes meant nothing to me.

STM

[edit on 8/11/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
I won seven cakes. The cake lady was looking at me like I was some sort of devil.

Haha I love that part. Great post seentoomuch!

It sounds like you tapped into an inner power that day for sure. Have you had any similar experiences since?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi seeingevil

Just read your intro, came back with the edit button to say, "Welcome to ATS! Looking forward to speaking with you on the board."

Here’s a link to another occurrence:

Levitation: The Full Scoop
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Both occurrences were accompanied by a strong determination (knowing without a doubt) which was heartfelt. I think another example would be the mother who lifted the car off of her struck child. Also, I would not actually consider these powers of mine but more likely the ability to tap in as you said, to some other power. I truly believe that we all have this ability but it usually only kicks in when we’re in difficult situations and our minds are in the right focus.

And yeah, that cake lady steered a wide course from me for years after. Her face was unforgettable as she repeatedly pulled my number from the can.

Also, one other thing I left out, just remembered it, I don’t know what it means though. My father took me aside and asked me why seven cakes? Why not 5, or 9 or 10? My answer was 7 made it perfect. He laughed and dutch rubbed my head, “you’re even with your sister now, no more of this ‘kay?”

Also here’s a link to one of my threads which goes over some spiritual experiences that I have had:

Walk With An Angel

Powers, hmmm, wish I had them on demand, my shopping list is pretty long: day spas, new truck, long vacations, win the lotto…..

STM

[edit on 8/11/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I believe I have telepathy.

I'm not sure if I was born with it, but ever since I've started training myself in psionics, it's become my best skill. I can get ideas and words when I'm at my best, but I have trouble getting specific information sometimes (Though, I've done that before a few times.). Sometimes it'll start working by itself accidentally and I'll say something someone else is saying at the exact same they say it (These aren't isolated incidents. They happen maybe three to five times a day for a week usually.).

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hi!

What are the exercises or lessons in psionics that you are using?

Also, I'm curious, how do you feel when you're in a crowded place like a shopping mall?

STM

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
As I get older I dream things that happen EXACTLY the way I dreamed them months later awake. Nothing important, just really creeps me out. I dont know if I would call this a power since the moment sneaks up on me, but it is something. I would call it useless fortune telling.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
When I was in high school I had the ability to move objects with my mind. this ability has faded with time, also I don't practice anymore. There is a site related to this phenomenon but with a digital twist. Its called, Retrokinesis. I posted a thread about this but didnt gather much steam. Feel free to give it a try.

Good stuff

If anyone gets good at it, I have seen results in Party Poker online gambling. Think of a card and it usualy shows up. Win money too!!
Probably not so good to tell people to gamble with this ability but hey, someones got to say it, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You guys are fortunate. Those abilities sound great. I consider myself a good person but what I can do is not good. Doesn't anyone else have what should/could be considered bad/evil abilities? I'm only hearing good stuff. I am not a bad person.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
You guys are fortunate. Those abilities sound great. I consider myself a good person but what I can do is not good. Doesn't anyone else have what should/could be considered bad/evil abilities? I'm only hearing good stuff. I am not a bad person.

Cool!
What are yuo talking about?
Can you please explain?
Fascinating thread!!!!!!

Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I can do the car radio and old friend calling ones, I think a lot of people can. I think everyone has a small amount of psychic powers, and I believe that they will be the next stage of human evolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join