It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uk amazon shoppers... READ THIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

uk amazon shoppers... READ THIS

www.pricecutreview.com

These pages compare the prices for identical items between those listed on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. A trend emerges pretty quickly! All data has been gathered by discount website PriceCutReview.com.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
everyone hears how things can be bought cheaper in the us because of the dollar/pound price value but have you ever wondered how much you in the uk are getting ripped off?

if you are a regular shopper on amazon.co.uk, you may want to consider boycotting the site after reading this story!

www.pricecutreview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I just took a quick look at the link you provided as I am upgrading my graphics card, and I use Amazon quite often.

I looked at the graphics card mentioned on Pricecutreview and decided to check it out.

Pricecutreview stated this card was $149, but Amazon has it available for $194, might have just messed up the numbers !

I have also found the same card on another website for £105, I am not sure where Pricecutreview got their price of £559 from !

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1/002-5884627-7906435?ie=UTF8&s

www.misco.co.uk...

Just goes to show that it pays to shop around.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The UK has always had higher prices on products than anyone else either in Europe or the US.. Why do you think it is classed as Rip Off Britian. It is ridiculous the prices we pay for products over here.

CX

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Have to agree, this is common knowledge to us Brits.

Don't forget too, sellers on ebay can put whatever prices they like on thier products, it's just up to you if you buy it or not.

I bought a book from a seller the other day for £5.80, when it arrived it still had a "50p" sticker on it from the bargain shelf at the shop!

If i wanted it though, i had to pay it.

Bak to the US prices though, sometimes it's worth paying the shipping charges to still get a cheaper item from the states. I think we can only by stuff up to £18 though, after that we pay the duty on it.

CX.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker
I looked at the graphics card mentioned on Pricecutreview and decided to check it out.

Pricecutreview stated this card was $149, but Amazon has it available for $194, might have just messed up the numbers !

I have also found the same card on another website for £105, I am not sure where Pricecutreview got their price of £559 from !

i clicked on the us and uk links for the graphics card on page two. the us one is listed at $194.00 and the uk one listed at £646.29

new topics

top topics

join