It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Santa Claus Synchronicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It's the summer holidays and I've had me nephew and neice staying for a couple of weeks. On thursday morning my neice woke up very happy, telling me about this marvellous dream she had where she was out all night with Santa Claus in his sleigh. Everyone she met that morning was told the dream so it must have been great.Later the same day we went into town to do some shopping and I took my daughter and neice into a hardware shop to buy a clothes line. I heard a man behind me talking to the girls and telling them "smile, it costs nothing to give me a smile." Then he said, "what do you want for your christmas this year?" and then-"I'm Santa Claus". At this I turned round to see a wee man with white hair and a full white beard. I said to my neice, "Isn't that strange? You were dreaming you were with Santa last night." and the man, falling right into his Santa role said - "I know she was, AND, I already know what she wants for her Christmas this year - because she told me last night." Isn't that wierd? It made our day.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
p.s. I forgot to add an invitation for other folk who might like to discuss any synchronicities and coincidences they might have experienced lately. I think it's a fascinating subject, especially when things happen that are just too wierd to dismiss. Don't you think?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If that's true, that's one of the strangest things I've ever heard.

So many baffling aspects... mainly the fact that there is no such thing as Santa Clause to begin with
. Although you told him about the dream before he mentioned it himself, so really he could have just been an extremely creepy old guy.

[edit on 8/5/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Erm... I don't think he was the real Santa Claus, (he wasn't big enough in my opinion LOL) and yes I did tell him about the dream but he said he was Santa BEFORE I mentioned that, before I even turned round to see him. It was kind of funny the way he leapt into the role but I suppose having a white beard probably means he does that often. It was a crazy coincidence though, it is summer time and neither the dream, nor bumping into the Santa guy, were expected, especially on the same day.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That's cool. I wish I was at the age where I could believe in Santa again. That guy ruled... Now that I think about it, I feel bad for my parents spending all that money on gifts and me giving my thanks to Santa instead of them.

Anyway, that is a pretty big coincidence. You should have asked him what she wanted haha.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That's cool. I wish I was at the age where I could believe in Santa again. That guy ruled... Now that I think about it, I feel bad for my parents spending all that money on gifts and me giving my thanks to Santa instead of them.

Anyway, that is a pretty big coincidence. You should have asked him what she wanted haha.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That, totally -rules-. If I could make anything 1 fictional thing real, it'd be Santa. That dude is the man. The world would be such a nicer place if there was a jolly elf waiting for his annual gift-giving.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
One time I was sitting in my front yard late at night and I was asking for God to show me he existed, I was asking for anything to happen. I was buzzing a bit lol, but I just began to demand that God show himself to me, that I wasn't afraid... And what do you know this guy a little older than me comes into view and he was walking on the sidewalk kind of slowly and steadily. I could tell he was good, something about him...

After all that crazy demanding I had just taken part in, I had to at least find out something about him. So I ran up to him and asked him if I could walk with him a ways. We talked and he was telling me how great Jesus is. He said he tries to tell everyone about Jesus that he sees. He was friendly to me and we were just talking about how we wished everyone would just get along and stuff. It was weird, but I went back home.

If I'm ever coming home around that time I always look for him, maybe I can give him a ride home someday, but I've never seen him, or heard anything about him since.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Novise, that's a great coincidence. It's funny how you get what you want when you're totally focussed. I tried a very similar thing once. It was Christmas night and everyone was in bed except me. I asked for God or my guardian angel or whoever to show me they existed, but I said not to appear or scare me, just prove there was someone or something there. Because it was night time and I felt a bit spooked I asked that they send me a sign next day, Boxing Day, that I couldn't mistake. The next day I completely forgot about my request and we went to bed quite late. At a couple of minutes before midnight my son's keyboard, (a Christmas pressie) played all by itself in the living room. It was unplugged and there was no-one downstairs but a single key was played loudly three times. When I remembered what I'd asked for I was like "OH MY GOD". A few years later my guitar woke me up with the same "tune".

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That really is crazy Wigit. I'm always keeping my eyes open but I've never seen anything physically supernatural like what you saw and heard.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I like synchronicities. It's like lucid waking (for lack of a better term). Then again, this experience may not be much different from our dreams. How could we tell the difference? Some dreams seem so real, complete with memories of an entire life's worth of experiences.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I agree Kruel, who knows... But man if this is a dream, wherever we are sleeping must be boring, lol.

I had another synchronicity of sorts last week. Two people I hardly ever see, but who are good friends with eachother (meaning I relate one to the other).. saw them both last week in completely different circumstances and I never see them otherwise.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've been noticing synchronocities lately myself. The most recent was the other day I was doing a survey on another site to waste time. One of the questions was "What animal would you be if you could be an animal?"

I answered "A platypus because no one ever picks the platypus"

The next night there was a commercial on the sci fi channel where it says "what noise does the platypus make?"

Then the next day, out of the blue, someone at work brought up platypus's.

Not exactly earth shattering I know, but that's the only recent one I remember. I vaguely remember another one, but my memory has it's fits as it gets late.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by keymaster

That type of thing happens to me all the time. Not the Santa Claus thing - that's pretty amazing. But the platypus thing. It seems like things happen in cycles, and even though a lot of the time, I can't figure out a reason, it still happens. The platypus thing being a good example of it.

I'll notice something, say, a type of bird, a song, or something random like that. I'll make a mental note of it, because something about it seems interesting. Then, the next few days, I'll either see images of that thing, read things about that thing, hear things about that thing... it happens all the time.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This happens a lot to me. Whatever we are thinking of, we note when it is materialized in the physical. It's the Law of Attraction.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Spiralina]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
A few years ago when I was driving to work, I was really distracted by the big trucks on the freeway. And I started thinking about all the containers stacked up in the port. And I started thinking about how they just take those containers and bolt them on to the truck beds.

I got really nervous about it, and was really fixated on looking at those bolts as I was driving, and there were so many big trucks around.

About 10 minutes later, there were all these brake lights and heavy traffic. It was an accident up ahead..

And as I passed the accident, I saw it was a container that had slipped off the truck bed and had fallen on the hood of a car. I have never before, or since, seen an accident like that.

Needless to say, I was incredibly flipped out the entire day about this.

top topics

join