It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Vehicle Recovered From Mississippi River After Minneapolis Bridge Collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Mystery Vehicle Recovered From Mississippi River After Minneapolis Bridge Collapse

www.foxnews.com

Authorities say no bodies were found inside a crushed car that search crews pulled out of the murky Mississippi River Saturday and officials said it was the only car they had found in which the passengers were unaccounted for...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Don't know if this will create much discussion, but thought I would post it anyway. I haven't found any other websites that are talking about this. This could be a car that was already in the river before the collapse????

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Ummmm........I don't understand what the big deal is. Any river going through a major city is bound to have all sorts of old junk in it. Right down the road from where I live, I like to go catfishing in the river where an old railroad bridge used to be. Several boxcars sunk many years ago and if the river is low enough, you can JUST make out the roofs of a couple.
I heard a news report on this and they said the authorities might have issue with identifying vehicles from the bridge collapse from vehicles "dumped" or whatever.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

I heard a news report on this and they said the authorities might have issue with identifying vehicles from the bridge collapse from vehicles "dumped" or whatever.

I think this is probably what they found, an old car...Although, wouldn't they be able to tell if it was old and covered with river life...? That is my only question...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Simple Solution: Towed Car.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
Simple Solution: Towed Car.

Yep you are probably right...

Now we just need to find out if there was a tow truck on the bridge.???

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Considering the report came from Faux news it was probably just sensationalized for effect and was nothing more than an old car. If you had an article about everything that is (or has been) dumped in the Mississippi, there would be no end to them.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well if they have the car, I would assume they have the VIN numbers.
So that in turn leads to the owner, is this supposed to make people think that this car was the cause of the collapse.
I guess Faux news couldn't wait for the tags to be run, and blow there story.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
FOX is looking for any angle they can find to make viewers watch their broadcasts vs. ABC/CBS, etc.. Next thing you know one of the networks
will report that a duffle-bag with a timer (alarm clock) has been spotted
in the wreckage..implying that a bomb could have been involved. They're
always sensationalizing even the most trivial of things. All about suckering
people over to watch their "breaking news".

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
towed car

or

dumped car

or car was on bridge but passengers managed to escape and are recovering.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OH NO...

I'll bet it was the car that the terrorist used to get there to pull off the plot of bringing the bridge down.. .

Seriously, it could be a number of things, old car someone dumped, car was being towed, anything.

I doubt it's anything "mysterious" though.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I agree w/ the dumped car theory. Someone probably either dumped the car for various reasons, or crashed it into the river several years back. If it had been long enough back, perhaps the body would have already decomposed (assuming they didn't survive the crash). I am curious as to the make and year of the car. And for that matter when it appeared there... though that might be a little harder to find out.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
A new car in the water versus a car that has been there for awhile is going to be obvious. Water doesn't take long to erode metal.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So, we should be extra vigilant against any dumped car? There's 2 a few streets away, I should call fox up and tell them I spotted a plastic bag in there! A plastic bag I tell ya, it was there, I SWEAR.

Sigh.

Reality T.V these days.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Would be a good insurance job..go missing..Wife claims a big fat pay out

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
So, we should be extra vigilant against any dumped car? There's 2 a few streets away, I should call fox up and tell them I spotted a plastic bag in there! A plastic bag I tell ya, it was there, I SWEAR.

Sigh.

Reality T.V these days.

hehehe, thanks for the Sunday morning giggle!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You dont suppose it was a stolen vehicle crossing at the time, and the thief isnt anxious to come forward?
bergle

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ummmm........I don't understand what the big deal is. Any river going through a major city is bound to have all sorts of old junk in it. Right down the road from where I live, I like to go catfishing in the river where an old railroad bridge used to be. Several boxcars sunk many years ago and if the river is low enough, you can JUST make out the roofs of a couple.

It would be OBVIOUS if the car had been in the water before the collapse. Have you people ever seen dumped cars that have been pulled from the water?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability

It would be OBVIOUS if the car had been in the water before the collapse. Have you people ever seen dumped cars that have been pulled from the water?

Good point! I guess then it may have been a "towed" car, a stalled car, or else the occupants were eaten by the immense catfish that the Mississippi can hold!

new topics

top topics

join