It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two "Middle Eastern" Men Pulled Over in SC with Explosives (Updated)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That's weird,
I'm watchin CNN right now, and Rick Sanchez
is reporting that they were just parts for homemade fireworks.

I'll wait for more..

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My Dad was a municipal policeman back in the day when there were such things. Once when I was fearful he told me " Don't believe everything you hear, don't believe everything you read and only believe half of what you see." That never made much sense at the time but it kind of does now. We live in times of great fear. Fear fuelled primarily and unfortunately by our media. Our media can be a good thing. This website is a prime example. I don't know if this has been posted yet and I don't know if it should be a separate thread but as my dialup came on Netscape had a story bi-lined " Explosive devices found in rural Ontario. cbc.ca My reason for mentioning this is ; there are copycats out there who have nothing better to do than capitalize on an existing fear just to get their jollies. Fortunately the mother and daughters in the story didn't touch what they found and reported it immediately. As John has said, (not a quote) Love your families. Thankyou.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I bet that scoundrel Bob Lazar had something to do with this!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well the "explosive" device sounded like a firecracker when it exploded, so again a waste of resources...

Probably had some fireworks.

They wouldn't be speeding if they were up to something terrorism related, unless they wanted to be caught in the act.

You don't need to be an expert terrorist to know to keep as low a profile as possible, first of all being of middle eastern decent in appearance. A successful terrorist attack after 9-11 would more than likely utilize the help of a d.omestic m.uslim e.xtremist, or "Dubai Mercantile Exchange" just joking about the Dubai Mercantile Exchange but, someone who doesn't "look" middle eastern, this in my opinion would prove as a decoy to get law enforcement to focus only on middle eastern people as suspects...

heh

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well ya know it was in South Carolina where anything browner than a rub on suntan is suspect. Swarthy brown skinned men with fireworks... must be terrorists.

I am not saying that we have to be vigilant, we do. But, since 9/11 this administration and its enablers have cultivated such an atmosphere if fear and "perceived" threat that I swear some people would consider turning in their shadows because it was darker than they are.

And then we wonder after invading Afghanistan (which was needed) and Iraq (which was not needed) and threatening Iran (which is damned stupid) why Muslims think we are out to get them.

The police were doing their jobs, that is not to fault them but there are so many gapping holes in our security that we really need to start paying attention to them; like container ships, and stop looking for terrorists behind every bush (that was not an intended pun but appro nonetheless.)

This is not the America I grew up in and its paranoia and arrogance shames me.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hey Grover, don't you love it when middle eastern men with explosive make it to the news and then exploited to show how good the FBI and police enforcement is working to keep Americans safeeeeeee.

I will love to see an update of the charges for this two middle eastern man today.

Occurs if, we get to know what happen to them.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
cnn is giving a press conference on this at 11:30am.
i watch cnn(well, it's on in the background all day) and i just watched that bit.

they said so far, all they know is
2 middle eastern dudes(got their names now)
both university of south florida students
no ties to terrorist cells
officers foind explosives AND bomb making 'stuff' in the car
highway was closed for just over 10 hours
feds/bomb squad safely detonated the explosives.....

thats all that said. i'll watch at 11:30 and post what they say.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sounds like a couple college kids.... if they had been white however and carrying the same load, ya have to wonder, would they have been stopped? What was the circumstances of their being stopped to begin with, random or what?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
conference is in about 20.
cnn just said though that stuff is still mixed up.
the local cops are saying that 'bomb' was found and detonated.
the feds are saying there was explosives and bomb making stuff, but no bomb.
atf is not saying anything that i have found.
the 2 kids are uni of florida kids, NOT citizens....

hard to say what the news is trying to imply. they said that they were driving 'away from' some base that holds munitions or something.
that they are 'sure' immigration 'proceedings' will probably be starting...

i think it said they were pulled over for suspicious activity....don't hold me to that though..

soon as that press conference starts, i will type out what is said as fast as i can to get as much as i can, so excuse the spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
g dubbs is still doing his PR thing at camp david...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You know, I hate to actually say this, but I truly hope that those of you who joke about this or feel that there is no one out there that HATES Americans are personally affected by something that happens in this country, because I feel only then will you truly realize that there are elements that are out there.

These are students in their 20's, in Florida, which is where the 9/11 hijackers were. Many of you are taking a part of one article and stating that it was fireworks. It SOUNDED like fireworks was the description of ONE person. The other information provided states that they had blasting caps and detonation devices as well as explosives. So, it would sound like we found the guys who make the detonation devices. HOpefully, if there is more to it, we have disrupted a mission in action.

IED's or a suicide attack will put this country in such turmoil and fear, if the government was behind it, they would have done it Chrismas 2002 and bought about the NWO. IT is not coming because we are fighting a real threat not one made from left wing blogs.

You do not blow up fireworks and you are not charged with possesion of an explosive device if in possession of fireworks. CAIR is now involved which is also suspect. Believe what you will, but it will happen and will make 9/11 look like a cakewalk when it does.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
i am sitting by waiting to type what they say....i have a hard time believeing this was fireworks and if it was explosives, why did they have them?

hopefully we get some answers..

they are 19 minute late

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i don't know what is up now.,..

of course they are recapping what the prez just said and also, some mine in utah collapsed and they keep going back to that...don't even know if the conference is still on

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
why would the goverment lie about what they found. a . because they don't want to cause a massive panic. b. they plan on using these two for information about other terrorists in the us. you do not use blasting caps to make fireworks. if you were going to make fireworks walmart carries smokeless powder used in black powder rifles .in my opnion non citizens
shopuld not be able to procure any kind iof explosive material other than gasolineand never have the right to purchase firearms.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
conflicting reports.
feds say no bombs. locals say the car was puled over for speeding.
one of them is from kuwait. when the cop spoke to them, he noticed suspisious behavior.

one didn't want to talk, the other was talking sort of telling different stories of what they were doing.
the folding of the laptop and disposing of it before the cop came up is CLEARLY suspicious.
feds say no links to terrorism.

they have a bond hearing in monks corner at 4pm today.
i am still confused about the fireworks. from what this chick said, it sounds like there were fireworks but the locals are saying there was other explosives. the feds say no.

they did have the press conference, they just didn't shot it...the lady cut to the one clip of the guy saying their clear suspicious behavior was one of them talking, one not talking, and disposing of the laptop.

the feds or going to look into whats on the laptop.

it said they have a bond hearing, but it didn't say what they are being charged with...

thats it

edit* if i had explosives, i would be doing the speed limit...using my indicators and all that....this is interesting

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
You know, I hate to actually say this, but I truly hope that those of you who joke about this or feel that there is no one out there that HATES Americans are personally affected by something that happens in this country, because I feel only then will you truly realize that there are elements that are out there.

Esdad, you know I like as I have said in the past, but I cant believe what you wrote above.
You want your fellow Americans to be 'personally affected' by terrorists?
All to justify billions spent in far off lands and domestic warrentless searches and wiretaps?

I dont think anybody disputes the fact that there are people that want to do damage to America.
There always have been people like that in the world Esdad, since our inception.
What is in dispute is the degree of threat posed by these 'America haters'.
If there are all these Muslims wanting to bring us down, why have they not attacked?
I personally can think of alteast a dozen things that I could do to 'terrorize' America and put fear in most peoples minds.
Why have the terrorists not done any of these things? Either they are not as smart as I am or else they just dont exist in this country.
Im betting that they dont exist (in any measurable quantities) in this country.
I remember an interview I saw some time ago with Jesse Ventura where he said that him and three of his SEAL buddies could paralize the U.S. with nothing more then rifles.
He said (IIRC) that totally legal hunting rifles could be used to snipe people on three or four major interstates and that would shut down our roads and interstate commerce.
He is right, and yet, we see no such activity.
Either the 'terrorists' dont even have 3 or 4 dudes that can shoot, or else they dont know how to terrorize people.

The entire (and Im gonna start calling it by what it is, as I suggest you all do the same too) never ending war on terror is a farce Esdad.
It is exactly what Eisenhower warned us about.
Its such a shame that good honest men as yourself dont listen to his words and understand what he was saying.
He wasnt just wistleing dixie.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist

Now think about that..... the potential exists and will persist.
He didnt warn us about foreign terrorist, he warned us about exactly what is happening in the USA now.
The military industrial complex that he spoke of has found a convenient patsy in Muslims.
Now we see Americans saying warrentless searches are OK, and Wiretapping everybody is OK, and random stop and searches are OK.
We have a self proclaimed 'decider' that uses executive privilige to trample the constituion.

Thats EXACTLY what Eisenhower told us to watch out for.

We must never let the weight of this combination (MIC) endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

So are you an alert and knowledgeable citizen, or do you believe everything that Fox news and the feds tell you?

Again I ask, where are all these damn terrorists?

[edit on 6-8-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Obviously most people havent ever been hit by an IED cav.
That tends to happen when people are occupying foreign land.

Tell that to the victims of the Oklahoma City bombing. Look in reality IEDs are not always meant for peoople that occupy a foreign land. The only reason you think of IEDs for that reason is because of troops on the ground in Iraq. In reality any irregular forces that do not have fighter bombers or tanks would have to improvise to achieve their objectives, like for example terrorists, insurgents, rebels or whoever against other nations or against their own government. They cannot afford nor do they have the production facilities to create complex weapons like tanks or ships, hence why they used IEDs or VBIEDs aka car bombs.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There is a link to the "Raw Video" of the Press Conference on this page

There is some very interesting information, but still not clear. They are being charged on State charges, not Federal.

Its almost like they are stalling for time to be able to investigate further, since they claim they are not sure what they blew up, and are now looking at their laptop for more evidence.

They admit lots of unknowns here. It still could be something or nothing at this point.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
maybe the feds don't have a believable enough story yet and need their techs to put a couple al jazeera cookies on their laptop or something and then BAM, code purple. defcon 10...all that usual jazz

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
maybe the feds don't have a believable enough story yet and need their techs to put a couple al jazeera cookies on their laptop or something and then BAM, code purple. defcon 10...all that usual jazz

LoL, thanks for the laugh man.

I knew this was a no story from the get-go.

Last year here locally they shut down a road because a cabbie found a package left in his cab.
Like people dont forget packages all the time.
LIke a 'terrorist' is gonna forget his bomb in the cab.
Thousands of dollars spent and roads closed for a forgotten birthday present.
People are so scared that there are terrorist around every corner with bombs in every package.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join