It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota Gov. Ready To Consider Gas Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Minnesota Gov. Ready To Consider Gas Tax

www.wmur.com

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- In wake of the Minneapolis bridge collapse, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty is now willing to back off his opposition to a state gas tax increase, a spokesman said Friday.

The approval of a transportation funding bill would come at a possible special session, said Pawlenty spokesman Brian McClung.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hmm, this seems awful suspicious to me. Gas keeps going up. Minnesota fights against raising taxes. Then a bridge mysteriously collapses and now gas taxes may go up to help fix the bridge, anyone smell something funny...

Oh wait, maybe I stepped in something...

www.wmur.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There's no conspiracy here, it was an old bridge that was inadequately taken care of,
and it broke, infrastructure is like the human body, if you don't take care of it,
it wears down pretty fast.

Something else, we pay some of the lowest (I'm not sure if we're the lowest or not)
gas taxes in the world, but if you look at other countries with higher gas taxes,
you see well taken care of world-class infrastructure.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I live on the Wisconsin/Minnesota border and frequently fill up on the Minnesota side because gas is generally 10 cents lower there than in Wisconsin. But cigarettes are cheaper in Wisconsin. Can't have it all I guess. And I agree, its hardly a conspiracy. A bridge comes down where do you suppose the money to rebuild it will come from? The acres of money trees growing in secret locations by the government? It makes sense that if roads need to be improved, bridges built, that taxes will have to be raised to generate the revenue necessary to complete these projects.

top topics

join