It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear attack on America is very(!) imminent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I've got a thread at the moment on how easy it is to acquire uranium, use crude, inefficient enrichment techniques, and build a very crude bomb that would -probably- go off, with a little luck, so I certainly wouldn't say that's impossible.

Hell, a 16 y/o did it back in the 90's, the "nuclear boy scout" he was called. I remember reading that in readers digest a few years back. He tried to build a nuclear ray gun, using Radium-based paint to create nuclear material. And very nearly succeeded.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Guys, the article is from 2005 and it is talking about a nuke attack for August 6th, 2005 - not this year. This is a really old article. It was based on some crappy theory involving changing numbers around to come up with an important Islamic calendar date. It has nothing to do with the present date august 6th, 2007.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, Now Then, I do regard it as disinfo at the moment, but I don't have any hostility towards those who think otherwise.

If we disregard a few secondary reasons why I don't believe that thread, the idea that we were going to use the material for a false flag attack would at least explain why we didn't board the ship, or why we didn't make a big spectacle of the fact that it was even sunk.

As for their secret scientists, I'm confident that they do have plenty of people working for them, but on what level do those people really know what they are doing usually?

One would think (or pehaps just hope) that the kind of people who would build a nuclear weapon with the explicit knowledge that its purpose was to kill their own fellow citizens and end democracy in their own nation would be relatively scarce, particularly in the employ of the government.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
" I, George W. Bush due to the deplorable attack on our country do hereby declare a state of MARTIAL LAW in our country until as such a time that there will be victory aginst those that would destroy it. The upcoming presidential elections shall be suspended for the duration of this threat aginst our country. God Bless America."
I hope that we never hear this live.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A suitcase nuke is the most likely scenario, imo. To arm these devices, you'll need Polonium 210 (the same stuff that killed Litvinenko). It is possible that Al Qaeda may have obtained such device(s) on the black market. If they have, they'll need Po-210 to arm them. Po-210 is very rare and expensive. But when the suitcase(s) have been armed, they won't stay armed for long. Po-210 has a very short halflife, and after 138 days the amount of Polonium will be half of what it was. I have no idea how much Po-210 is needed to be able to use it as a "suitcase trigger". It's possible that North Korea tested that they work (the North Korean nuke test). There's also a possibility that a suitcase nuke may have been smuggled on the ferry Estonia on the night she was sunk in 1994. Who has this suitcase now? I don't know. Swedish divers may have picked it up. It is obvious that someone has access to Po-210, seeing all the traces in London and Hamburg after the killing of Litvinenko. So... if such "suitcase" devices exists and are missing + North Korea's test + the fact that there's Po-210 in the hands of "criminals". Well, you do the math. Regarding these radiation detectors that are now being used in UK and US, maybe they are actually looking for traces of Po-210?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
15:15 Portland time (Aug. 5)

BOOM?

Thats 8:15 in Hiroshima (Aug. 6)..
(Thats when the nuke was dropped over Hiroshima)

[edit on 5-8-2007 by theEnd2007]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Regarding these radiation detectors that are now being used in UK and US, maybe they are actually looking for traces of Po-210?

My understanding of (alpha?) Po-210 is that any detector would have to be mega ridiculously sensitive or very close to the source of the radiation. And given that the (alpha?) waves can be blocked by as little as a piece of paper.

Would be much easier just to search for the Gamma radiation IMO

Originally posted by theEnd2007
15:15 Portland time (Aug. 5)

BOOM?

Thats 8:15 in Hiroshima (Aug. 6)..

If I'm right Portland is 8 hrs behind me here in the UK - current UK time 21:27 - there for -8hr = 13:27 1 hour and 18 minutes.

But I can't see the exact time being all that important - wouldn't monday morning be a much better idea? Get everyone away from their familys and stuck with no comms or transport? Ain't that the origional reason for an 8:15 am drop on Japan?

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by theEnd2007

8:15 in Hiroshima (Aug. 6)..

That's in about two hours from now? Actually, it could happen anywhere. Just because they have a nuke drill in Portland "sometime in August" doesn't mean that Portland is the target, if someone intends to use the Hiroshima anniversary to time an attack.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Good point!
I'm not a nuclear expert...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by Now_Then

Good point!
I'm not a nuclear expert...

That makes (counts on fingers) 2 of us!

(we may get a rather quick course in radiation sickness one day - but fingers crossed not in the next week!)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
o goody the war is about to start

if there is an attack its going to be better for amerika to nuke them down to copper age.....they just cant enslave a country with so many rebels and terorists...they gonna be blowing cars,taking hostages liek crazy
they have to use brutal force or they are going to loose much soldiers

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
haha i bet its not going to happen,i mean how could they get a nuclear bomb in the US?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Surely if we know about it then it's not going to happen...
I mean, if a bomb went off in Portland and it turned out a load of people predicted it the day before.... it would just be a bit weird, no? I think 'whoever' would attack at a random time.

Anyway, too much good music comes out of Portland, they can't blow that place up!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
But why Portland? Whats so special about this place?

If you'd ever been there, you'd understand. It's full of hippies, any one of which could be hiding a dirty bomb in their pants. And since they don't bathe, that's sort of a quadruple entendre.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My bad. The time in Hiroshima now is 7:15
www.timeanddate.com...

So if an attack WAS to take place it would happen in one hour.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This thread sounds very stupid as there is no evidence whatsoever that a nuclear bomb will go off tomorrow or this week.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Getting a nuke into the US would be the easiest thing ever. How many people sneak over the border each and every night? All you need to do is get a nuke into South America, and I'm sure there are enough terrorist sympathizes and anti-American groups to make that a walk in the park.

And the radiation detectors littered throughout D.C. aren't going to sound a warning quick enough if someone was were to just drive into the middle and press the button immediately.

In America it's 6:50pm on the 5th August as I write this. I doubt an attack is going to happen 'tomorrow' (today where I am). If I wanted to hit Americans where it really hurt, it'd be NYC again on July 4th with a dirty bomb or an atomic bomb, cause nukes are way to hard to make, especially without alerting somebody.

Border and security agents are only human, and hence fallible.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is a cam in Portland for anybody who wants to see the bomb live.

Btw the wind isnt blowing towards florida is it?

[edit on 5-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
nuke us... best to cover your ass cause we will nuke right back. I hold no bars when it comes to that. Pakistan should be held accountable for any nuclear action on american soil as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Where did you get your information that a nuclear bomb will explode in the city of Portland? Your answer, there is no evidence! If you are thinking of a nuclear explosion try looking at the thread where it talks about the two middle eastern men being arrested. That possibly shows where the terrorists are targeting (unless it is a diversion).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join