It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we put ATS on a major cable station?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
With all the topics on ATS that aim to educate the people and deny ignorance, we could do so much good if we could find a way to put ATS on a major cable station. As a website, we are limited to the amount of exposure we seek via links and word of mouth. Surely there must be several active members on ATS that work for a major television station or cable network. If we drafted up a serious proposal to a major network, surely we couldn't go unheard. With all the garbage on television today, there must be room for a show that denies ignorance. It would probably have to be tailored to one of the stations that discusses science or politics, stations like thr Discovery channel, History channel, A&E. I'd like to get the opinions of the users and staff on ATS and see what everyone thinks. Our goal is the same: to educate ourselves and others. I can't think of a better way to do that than through television.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This has been mentioned many a times i myself have mentioned it once or twice. I think a Discovery ATS show would be superb. I suppose the 3 Amigos are having a very busy time with all the changes round here lately and sorting their business out regarding ATS. Maybe one day in the future this will be an option they would jump on and i would gladly tune in

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It sounds like a good idea, but how much info do you really think the gov't would allow you to put on public Television? More than likely, the show would be highly sensored. Also, out of curiosity, what topics would be discussed on there? Would it be everything that gets discusssed on the site? Or just certain topics?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yeah, there was talk of an ATS Show (Don't know what happened to it though)

And also Springer is going to be appearing on a show on the Discovery Channel on a special about the O'Hare UFO sighting.

Coming Soon: ATS & The O'Hare UFO On TV

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Yeah, there was talk of an ATS Show (Don't know what happened to it though)

And also Springer is going to be appearing on a show on the Discovery Channel on a special about the O'Hare UFO sighting.

Coming Soon: ATS & The O'Hare UFO On TV

That's cool! That thread was back in February, did anything come of it yet? I hope it makes it on to the air, and I hope he mentions this website on the show. Publicity in any form is still publicity, and the Discovery Channel is certainly positive attention. What we don't need is negative publicity like a tabloid article. Perhaps this will be the start of something good on T.V.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think it is supposed to air in the near future, according to this update thread...

Update on the O'hare TV Special

I think it'll be great too.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would love a tv ats program. Be even cooler if it was intertactive.

That would take a lot of production money to get started though wouldnt it? There is definetly enough material.

There are so many channels available on satilite it is very posible but I would imagine someone rich would have to be the bankroller to get it started.

top topics

join