It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive ULF 'Blast' Detected In US Bridge Collapse Catastrophe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics..?????
Yeah, I'm sure that place exists....ed up by Sorcha Faal...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If this were true, why is it on obscure news sites few people look at? Shouldn't this thing be on CNN or BBC or something?

Thats what makes it hard for me to believe this is true.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
If this were true, why is it on obscure news sites few people look at? Shouldn't this thing be on CNN or BBC or something?

Thats what makes it hard for me to believe this is true.

I doubt that CNN or the BBC would be "telling all" about the "destruction" of this bridge by anything other than old age and gravity! I'm sure the corporate media has learned too many lessons to be pointing fingers anywhere near "big brother".

Thankyou for your excellent post NovusOrdoMundi, you made some great points.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh come on guys.

The ULF “blast” detected isn’t the cause of the collapse, it’s an effect. When the Russian submarine Kursk was wrecked, seismic sensors detected it. There was also an incident once of a scandinavian freighter bottoming out and capsizing. Same thing; the collision with the riverbed was “heard” by seismic sensors.

Effect. Not cause.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NRen2k5
The ULF “blast” detected isn’t the cause of the collapse, it’s an effect.
It's possible to detect the vibration resulting of the collapse of a large building, but I don't think that something as relatively light as a bridge falling on a river would make a vibration strong enough to be detected, even in the US.

And even if the vibration is strong enough to be detected in Irkutsk, it would not detected by a radio telescope pointed at the Sun, as the original "news article" said!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is what you get after the hay passes through the male cow. While low frequency vibrations can have an effect on fatigue life of a structure, there is no way I am going to believe that the bridge collapse is the result of a directed weapon. Get real or get a better quality of tin foil for your hat.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by JIMC5499]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
This is what you get after the hay passes through the male cow. While low frequency vibrations can have an effect on fatigue life of a structure, there is no way I am going to believe that the bridge collapse is the result of a directed weapon. Get real or get a better quality of tin foil for your hat.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by JIMC5499]

While your "get a better quality of tin foil for your hat" is such an excellent counter argument with many debunking points towards the current theory, it would be greatly appreciated if you actually addressed the theory rather than the people using overly used stereotypes and first grade insults.

So you don't believe it was the result of a directed weapons. Great. I'm not sure I do either.

But what about other causes? Please read my theory if you already haven't. Can you at the very least admit that there may have been motive? Admitting this doesn't mean you believe it was demolished on purpose. There can be motive in events where it was completely natural. But can you at least see that there could have been motive?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The ULF “blast” detected isn’t the cause of the collapse, it’s an effect. When the Russian submarine Kursk was wrecked, seismic sensors detected it. There was also an incident once of a scandinavian freighter bottoming out and capsizing. Same thing; the collision with the riverbed was “heard” by seismic sensors.

Ermm - I don't know, yep sure its possable to read thease thing a long distance off - but common, that can't of really given off any more of a signal than a small office block been blasted - or mining operations, how can a single station all the way across the globe with no real way of fixing a source accurately differentiate. I think if any real reading was observed it is either purley coincidental, or it happens like 50 times a day any way and don't mean anything.

Have any more sources come forward yet? (not been keeping up with thread this eve)

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What is with everyone still talking about this when it comes from a source that is real as the ompah looompas? The more you keep talking about it the more you think it is plausible. Stop it for your own sakes. Please, without at least one verifiable piece of evidence, just let this great piece of journalism die.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

While your "get a better quality of tin foil for your hat" is such an excellent counter argument with many debunking points towards the current theory, it would be greatly appreciated if you actually addressed the theory rather than the people using overly used stereotypes and first grade insults.

The current theory is that metal fatigue and poor maintenance caused the bridge’s collapse. The Death Ray thing is wild speculation.

Can you at the very least admit that there may have been motive?

You think there may have been a motive behind it? Then please, by all means, supply a few possible ones.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

even if the vibration is strong enough to be detected in Irkutsk, it would not detected by a radio telescope pointed at the Sun, as the original "news article" said!

Another reason why the “news article” is complete BS, then.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The current theory is that metal fatigue and poor maintenance caused the bridge’s collapse. The Death Ray thing is wild speculation.

You think there may have been a motive behind it? Then please, by all means, supply a few possible ones.

Wow

First, I said I don't even fully believe the "death ray thing".

Second, I have already supplied some motives.

Please learn how to read the entire thread before you ask *SNIP* questions.

[edit on 8/5/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

Mod Edit: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

EDIT: So I get edited for saying "stupid questions", but JIMC5499 doesn't get edited for saying we need to get better tin foil hats?

Nice

[edit on 8/6/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The only vibrations heard that I can remember was reading somewhere was that a worker at the bridge was using a jackhammer and that the bridge started shaking. That along with tens of tons of material parked on the bridge by the contractors , and the vehicles crossing,would be a pretty awsome force on a weakened/fractured structure. Any hums or resonances are the after effects as already explained in prior posts. Large sinking ships have been heard making powerful low frequency groans but thats while its sinking. There is an interesting discussion of prior bridge collapses and causes ..one where French soldiers were marching in lockstep and the bridge collapsed. of course there had been a prior storm in the area but findings blamed the French army. (you cannot collect from God) smart move.
From Aint that Damn Interesting
Hmm remember the Walls of Jericho? Well if it wasn't the Americans experimenting on the populace there is that old standby favorite..(Lets not ever do that)
We can entertain stories and give them benefit of the doubt , but it should be a reasonable doubt, see if the evidence pro or con has weight, and see if the story collapses . (i could not resist that) I hear a strange LF hums already.

As a poster of strange news myself I just bring things to the table..thats we we all do and I encourage everyone to do the same, occasionaly we get a masterpiece, other times, like a kid we pull a frog from out our pocket. We still love our kids, and as adults our partners occasional "sweet nothins."

Sys..

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
O.K. sooo did anyone see a Sonic Tank anywhere around? Or see one backing into a warehouse near the bridge?

heh

I think the bridge collapse is an odd event, and we never really get a clear answer from the so called "experts" but who knows. You really need smoking gun evidence, or it's all the same as seeing bigfoot, or a UFO full of Alien explorers...

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
NovusOrdoMundi
you got it, my friend. they have technologies that we haven't figured out yet, and this was definitely intentional. Minneapolis Minnesota, they love double names. Oklahoma City OK, New York, NY. there were rumors last year of a plan to nuke Texas City, Texas, but there was so much talk about it on the net that they must have backed down. Between the Tillman story, which would reveal them for the satanic psychopaths they are, and the secret meeting in Quebec for the North American Union, and the intention to build a trans american highway along the I 35 corridor, we have the motive. Now for the weapon.
The following writing is by Gonzo Pena, a famous and amazing astrologer from Mexico, analyzing the astrological evidence. Astrology tells all, if you know how to read it. It's like a map of the electro magnetic matrix.

Casting the chart for the moment the bridge on the Mississippi river
joining Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota (August 01, 2007 at 06:01:38 PM
CDT, Minneapolis, MN) collapsed, we see the Ascendant at 26Sagittarius58
with Pluto just above the Eastern horizon at 26Sagittarius38 retrograde. So
this Pluto rising as the bridge collapsed is in the last bit of House 12 of
hidden enemies. The cusp of (Placidus) House 12 is at 08Sagittarius26
conjoined Antares (Alpha Scorpio now at 09Sagittarius52) and conjoined its
ruler, Jupiter, retrograde at 09Sagittarius58. This hidden enemies triplet
made up of Cusp 12, Antares star and Jupiter ruler of 12, is in oppositions
to the US radix Uranus at 08Gemini55. This does look very suspicious...

More so when you see the Moon, in the chart for the bridge's collapse, at
17Pisces11 applying tightly orbed conjunction to Uranus at 18Pisces06...
This Moon Uranus conjunction is applying very tight squares to the
Jupiter/Pluto midpoint at 18Sagittarius18 in House 12 of hidden enemies.
We've already noted that both Jupiter and Pluto are in House 12 and that
Jupiter is the ruler of 12. It does begin to appear that there is a hidden
artificial hand behind the event. See that the contrantiscio of this Ju/Pl
midpoint in 12 squared by Moon and Uranus in the 12 sign (Pisces), is at
11Cancer42, hence in tight conjunction to the midpoint of the Malefics, Mars
and Saturn, at 11Cancer16. But this at a time when the Malefics, Mars and
Saturn, were separating tight orb of square!. Mars was at 26Taurus31
conjoined Algol star (currently at 26Taurus16) squaring Saturn at 26Leo00.
Mars conjunction Algol separated 15 minutes orb, while Mars square Saturn
separated only 31 minutes of arc.

Because the orb of the Moon conjunction Uranus was so tightly applicative,
we can be fully certain that there are going to be striking revelations
about what happened in about 3 weeks from now, when this conjunction of the
event chart perfects its partile by secondary progression!.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

But what about other causes? Please read my theory if you already haven't. Can you at the very least admit that there may have been motive? Admitting this doesn't mean you believe it was demolished on purpose. There can be motive in events where it was completely natural. But can you at least see that there could have been motive?

No I don't believe that there was any motive. It is wild off the wall posts like this that have people rolling their eyes at the term "Conspiracy Theory". Posts like this detract from the credability of this website and others like it. Sometimes I think crap like this is posted to detract from the credability of posts that actually have some truth to them.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
First off, you ought to hit "Sorcha Faal" and close the window.

Second - "Sorcha" is making the same mistake that several posters in this thread have. Radio waves are not sound waves. Say it with me - radio waves are not sound waves. They are not related in any way. If you see someone conflating sound and radio/EM, you immediately know they don't have a clue.

Therefore, by stating in one line "Siberian Solar Radio Telescope (SSRT) detected a ‘massive’ ultra low frequency (ULF) ‘blast’" and then "...one of the United States primary research organizations into acoustic weapons research is Augsburg College" in another, you immediately know that the author is a nitwit.

Third. Low frequency anythings have long wavelengths. The longer the wavelength, the bigger the "focus". You cannot sharply focus a long wavelength sound or radio wave, because the smallest focus you're going to get is about 1/2 wavelength. For a ULF EM wave, that might be half a planet wide. Therefore, you can't target a structure with it. There are exceptions for EM where you can play around with metamaterials and evanescent waves but not for ULF.

Fourth. Receiving long wavelength radio waves requires long antennas, or really quirky receivers that look at the slopes of H-fields using superconducting magnetic field detector arrays. It's not the sort of thing you can or would add to a radio telescope, again, it's one of those wavelength related issues. That doesn't mean they don't have an ELF/ULF receiver, but the article stated that it was received by the radio telescope, which is nonsense.

Fifth. The concept that every material has some magic frequency (no one seems to ever come down on whether that's sound or EM) is not one you'll find well supported in science. I used to see it a lot on "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea". It is true that elements have transition frequencies where you can get electrons to change state, that's how you get LEDs to work. That doesn't mean that the element goes away or blows up or what-have-you. There are other frequencies (usually in the microwave region) where you'll hit non-transition couples like spinning, rocking, scissoring and the like which are also defined by the quantum of momentum. This is how they do microwave spectroscopy. Again, hitting a material with this frequency doesn't make it fly apart, although it may preferentially absorb energy as heat.

For sound waves, there are usually mechanical resonances, but these may not be well defined for any particular shape, and the Q of the material/structure may not lend itself to supporting really good Tacoma Narrows type resonances. Without a really high Q to permit significant energy storage in the structure, you won't be able to beam some magic sound wave at the structure and make it fall apart without killing everyone in the vicinity.

The death beam/ULF thing doesn't hold water. But you could have stopped at "Sorcha Faal" and saved some time.

On the other hand, I could have done it with some explosives. You'd generally try to knock out a key structure and get the thing to tear itself to pieces, if possible starting from a single point. I see THAT happening, but I don't see any evidence of charges going off.

Therefore I'd assume it just fell in. Bridges fail all the time. Generally not quite this dramatically, but it happens.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

No I don't believe that there was any motive. It is wild off the wall posts like this that have people rolling their eyes at the term "Conspiracy Theory". Posts like this detract from the credability of this website and others like it. Sometimes I think crap like this is posted to detract from the credability of posts that actually have some truth to them.

Wow

Well, I'm glad you're happy with your little fantasy world where "conspiracies" never happen.

I'd like you to also look up the definition of "conspiracy".

Have fun with believing that everything is accident or coincidence.

Must be nice

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Wow

Well, I'm glad you're happy with your little fantasy world where "conspiracies" never happen.

I've never said or implied that. As a matter of fact I said that posts like this one detract from posts that might have some truth to them. I'd rather be someone who is skeptical than some one who believes that everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes poo actually does happen.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by JIMC5499]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well said Jim.

I received a similar response in the most recent Free Energy thread.

I understand that free energy schemes like those of Joseph Newman and Stanley Meyer are bogus but other members were lumping their perpetual motion machine and water-powered car baloney right in with legitimate sources of energy such as sun, wind and petroleum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join