It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this proof God doesn't exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There's a webcomic called Shredded Moose which takes a pretty good poke at religion www.shreddedmoose.com...

I ran across it over at a site (poe-news) where they were bashing it to hell. Personally, I don't think it's as deserving of their ire but I didn't say that to them because they'd probably collectively try to tear me a new one.

I'm sure the accompanying article might drive a few of you guys nuts, but I think it fits right in with the Conspiracy thread here. www.shreddedmoose.com...

Also, some of the site's NSFW.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, of course its not proof. I did like the blog though. Did you watch that video at the end with comedian George Carlin? He definitely believes there is no god. I am not religious and I do NOT believe in the whole Jesus thing...but I still wouldn't go as far as he does. I kinda hope there is something out there, intelligent being/s or a God or Gods.

I guess when I think about it, what difference does it make, what would be the need for a god? Sickness, death, hunger, disease, war, famine, hate, evils of the world. If god does exist, then why does this crap still exist. If I was a god I wouldn't let little kids be molested, or die prematurely. My grandpa would die comfortably and not in pain for 2yrs. There wouldn't be wars in my name and all that. Hmmm, I dunno.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There may not be a god like a bearded man above the clouds etc but there is a spiritual realm in which we are all connected. Earth is a education before your spirit graduates even higher towards total illumination. Of course the world is full of badness it would be unbearable if it was all too good. A balance has to be set and you as a spirit on a path of learning and enlightment has the make the choices for yourself. There is no intervention by any God as you are left on your own to learn your enviroment and become even more in tune with your inner self. We have all probably gone through similar lives many times on our path of enlightment and will continue to do so until we are fully enlightened.

Thats my view on things anyway and i think whilst on this earth you have to push yourself to learn as much as you can and be as kind to others around you

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Religion and Spirituality are two different things.

As a Native American I can tell you that our spiritual selves have a Creator... But as one who walks umong this modern day society, I can tell you that religion is a crutch for those without spirituality (or those who seek it, not knowing they have it within themselves already)...

Thats all I have to say about that, hope that helps...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I understand that God supposedly takes on a standoffish role in the world, but that's one of the places I start to get caught up. I mean, in the past he wasn't so 'hands off', he talked to people, made them sacrifice stuff to him, people cut off foreskin and threw it at the heavens in his name, he caused floods.

And now he doesn't do anything. It's a bit inconsistent isn't it?

I thought the Carlin skit was awesome, he really doesn't hold back. Even I feel awkward listening to him go off sometimes, which is stupid. The site I linked to before, I think it's pretty obvious the guy's an atheist. While he seems a bit one sided he makes some good points. I mean, a Creationist museum, WTF?

Creationism on shreddedmoose (ps. the comic doesn't really have ~anything~ to do with the post, but it's still cool, NSFW, but cool
)

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticali
I understand that God supposedly takes on a standoffish role in the world, but that's one of the places I start to get caught up. I mean, in the past he wasn't so 'hands off', he talked to people, made them sacrifice stuff to him, people cut off foreskin and threw it at the heavens in his name, he caused floods.

And now he doesn't do anything. It's a bit inconsistent isn't it?

I thought the Carlin skit was awesome, he really doesn't hold back. Even I feel awkward listening to him go off sometimes, which is stupid. The site I linked to before, I think it's pretty obvious the guy's an atheist. While he seems a bit one sided he makes some good points. I mean, a Creationist museum, WTF?

Creationism on shreddedmoose (ps. the comic doesn't really have ~anything~ to do with the post, but it's still cool, NSFW, but cool
)

Some people believe that the corpus collosum didn't use to be connected, and so people "heard voices" much more than they do today. I'm not saying this is true, just a theory I have heard kicked around alot to explain God being active in the past but not today.

Also, all religious history is this way. Ever read the Illiad or the Odessey? the Gods are real active in world affairs in those books. Also check out Sumerian mythology.. same thing, Gods are very active. It's not just a judeo-christi-islamo thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
God is still active in the lives of mankind, just how active is up to you.

If you believe it, when jesus sacrifced himself that would be the point in time man took hold of complete free will.

In a since God left mankind to choose his own destiny, Its up to you whether or not God plays a role in your life.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitz
God is still active in the lives of mankind, just how active is up to you.

If you believe it, when jesus sacrifced himself that would be the point in time man took hold of complete free will.

In a since God left mankind to choose his own destiny, Its up to you whether or not God plays a role in your life.

The question is whether you know how to spell "accept".

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Think you for pointing that out.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitz

Originally posted by Quazga

Think you for pointing that out.

Heh.. no probelm. It was a common mistake, but I found it to be rather funny when read "except".

top topics

join