It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq near Collapse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I ran across this article on Iraq, that describes the infrastucture of Iraq. If we win the peace we might not have much to show!

Electricity, fuel and water are in short supply and the nation is fragmenting its national electrical system. It seems every man for himself!

I am justed amazed this hasn't made the national news, well we will see!

Iraq Electrical Grid near Collapse!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
But they have "Democracy" dont they?

And purple fingers and.....

Nothing. I bet they long for their dead dictator.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Unfortunately DG I believe you are correct, as bad as that sounds!

Iraq looks like Yugoslavia did after Tito died, look how that turned out!

They still have military occupation and division!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Wow!

They actually showed this on the national news!

It seems for every step forward we take two steps backwards!

Our troops deserve better, they won the war, but the administration has lost the peace!

I'd like to see the Bush daughters, Karl Rove's kids and Rush Limbaugh's kids in Iraq! (oh, I forgot Rush never sired a child, hmmm . . . interesting!)

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Its a crying a** shame.
in 2002 people were happy, laughing living life.. enjoying family moments in restraunts, cafe's.. taking their girlfriends or boyfriends for an ice cream while waling along the tigris..

people didnt care about factionalism..
as stated in baghdad burning

'' It didnt matter who lived next door, no one cared no one asked, unless your uncooth and backwards ''

The United states government, has totally destroyed the civilian aspects of Iraqi life. We have devestated their infrastructure, taken them back some 100yrs...

As my signature says, vietnam was bad, but repeat it 30yrs later is unforgivable.

What have we done?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
But....But....But....

We were supposed to be greeted with open arms, as the "liberators" of Iraq...We were going to bring them democracy...the phantom WMD's that terrible Saddaam was going to use against us...the "coalition of the willing"...we could have never forseen any of this...

As if we weren't doing a good enough job already, this has made us all look like complete fools. "Stay the course"? I'm not a Bush basher...I"m neither Republican nor Democrat. But I can't think of one correct decision this administration has made on Iraq, or anything else for that matter.

Why are these "decision makers" still making decisions?

[edit on 4-8-2007 by DOcean]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

More signs of a collapsing Iraq?

The Maliki government has called for an emergency summit!

Emergency Summit Called!

I believe the toothpaste is already out of the tube, meanwhile we are doing our own thing. There are 2 governments in Iraq, Maliki backed by the Iranians and the US Military establishment.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wow, how does a bad situation go from bad to worse. Ok, how bout this...

At the Emergeny summit, where the Kurds are looking like the best thing(as the have for 5 years), what is the Kurds become a seprete entity from the rest of Iraq, and the majority of US forces move into a new country and US ally north of Iraq Kurdistain and wait to see what happens next with Iran and the mess in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

join