It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian minister defends caning of prisoners as gruesome video appears on internet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
In a perfect world, things like this wouldn't be allowed. But we don't live in a perfect world. Not all humans are created equal. There are ranges in intellegence, physical skills and many, many other traits. Our laws and justice system is set up to deal with the middle of the road type humans, but is it the middle of the road type humans that represent the majority of the criminals dealt with by this system? No, it is not. The middle of the road type human is out there working a job and providing for someone. Occasionally they get in trouble and are dealt with by a system designed to deal with them. Then they are thrown into a penal system filled with people that are from the below the middle of the road.
So what happens when these people get out of prison? Currently the relapse rate is appalling. Only 10% integrate into society. The other 90% reoffend and end up back in the system. But why? They are allowed proper education and training, good food and medical care. Why would they reoffend?
Because they don't have a strong enough reason not to! If there was not only retraining, but a strong deterent to commit a crime, the rates would drop drastically. This has been all proven by case studies in Canadian prisons, but the politically correct and social advocates won't admit that physical punishment can be an effective way to correct a persons veiw on crime.
And yes, I do support the death penalty for some offenses. If there is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt, and you are convicted of multiple murder or serial rape, then a trip to the gallows is in order. No one thinks twice about euthanizing a dog that has run amok, but can't seem to get their head around doing the same thing to someone that has raped and killed several teen age girls, with the proof captured on video tape.(see the Karla Holmoka trial)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Is it'inhumane'to punish violent offenders with violence?Im homeless right now and was recently jumped by a gang of 20 gang members at rush hour going thru the cities train/bus terminal.My jaw and nose was broken.I have numerous facial fractures which has paralyzed the right side of my face.Several teeth knocked out and more had to be broken by the doctors to have my jaw wired.Is someone really going to convince me that these cowardly little roaches would'nt deserve a punishment shown in this thread?LAUGHABLE!!Even if they were caught and punished thusly at least their wounds were deserved and would heal.My wounds will never heal and ive done nothing to deserve them.

Xfile, I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. It must be hard enough living on the streets without senseless attack. I find it appalling that so many street people are beaten for no apparent reason other than someone wants to hurt someone. It is hard to stand by and advocate that the perpetrator of the crime shouldn’t be punished beyond being locked up in jail (if in fact they are caught).

I pray that your fortune changes Xfile.

This story is off the subject but there is parallel logic. When my brother was small he used to set fires. He almost burned out the family car and the garage. He burned down fences and the chicken shed and set many grass fires. As we lived in the country the down side of any one of these events could have been disastrous to say the least. My mother consulted many people and our local Doctor suggested that my mother hold my brothers hand on an oven hotplate – in essence burn him. As most can image my Mother was appalled however the next fire lighting instance almost ended in tragedy so in desperation my mother did as suggested. My brother never lit another fire.

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
As most can image my Mother was appalled however the next fire lighting instance almost ended in tragedy so in desperation my mother did as suggested. My brother never lit another fire.
[edit on 10/8/2007 by Lady of the Lake]

You know what thats called? Torture.

Due to lackof parental control your mother had to resort to torture.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by DaRAGE]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
You know what thats called? Torture. Due to lackof parental control your mother had to resort to torture.

You know I wish I had your insight!!! You know nothing about this situation and yet you come from a position of no-it-all making wild statements regards lack of parental control and that my mother had to resort to torture. Absolute rubbish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join