It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summons Bush to the Stand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
French lawyer Jacques Verges says that if he is called to defend Saddam in a trial, he already knows more than a few folks he'd call to the witness stand. Most notably George H. W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld.

The history between these men is so sticky, from the CIA-aided coup (overthrow of Qassim) in '63 to arming and abetting him through the Iran-Iraq war and until the eve of his invasion of Kuwait. (Which we basically tricked him into.)

If BushCo. had to take the stand, they'd be so implicated. They knew full-well Saddam was using gas on Iran and the Kurds. Didn't matter, though. Although he was a tyrant, he was our tyrant.

Kurt Nimmo has written an excellent article stating many of the details and facts surrounding this issue. I thought I'd share.

January 8, 2004

Saddam's Defense
Summon Bush Sr. to the Stand
By KURT NIMMO

Is it possible French lawyer Jacques Verges will be allowed to defend Saddam Hussein? Verges told AFP on December 19 that if called to defend Saddam, he'd march a slew of US and European witnesses to the stand.

At the top of the list are Reagan and Bush Senior.

"Right now the former Iraqi regime is being blamed for certain events that took place at a time when its members were treated as allies or friends by countries that had embassies in Baghdad and ambassadors not all of whom were blind (to Iraqi crimes)," said Verges.

"Today, this indignation appears to me contrived."
www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I cant see saddam getting a fair trial. What if he is found not guilty, thats would be something. Would we let him go back into power?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I cant see saddam getting a fair trial. What if he is found not guilty, thats would be something. Would we let him go back into power?

That's a good question. I think they'd kill him first. You know, induce cancer or something.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Maybe he can bunk in with you two until he gets on his feet? Oh wait, neither of you have access to a plastic shredder do you?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Maybe he can bunk in with you two until he gets on his feet? Oh wait, neither of you have access to a plastic shredder do you?

Very funny, Im not defending him, I could careless If he gets off or Gets put to death.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

You know, this has to be one of the most asenine comments I have ever heard on ATS.
You have no business being a moderator. This proves that ATS will let anyone become a moderator. The quality of this site is degrading so rapidly its ridiculous.

Congratulations.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
You know, this has to be one of the most asenine comments I have ever heard on ATS.
You have no business being a moderator. This proves that ATS will let anyone become a moderator. The quality of this site is degrading so rapidly its ridiculous.

Congratulations.

Hey no one is holding a gun to your head to read his comments, or to stay at this site.

Feel free to move on, you won't be missed.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
How fitting is it that a French Lawyer is defending Saddam? Guess they still owe him for the oil for food kickbacks. Good luck trying to get Bush and Rumsfield to testify at his trial.

It will never happen. Might as well try to supoena the Pope

BTW, I thought Astrocreep's comment was funny.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Hey no one is holding a gun to your head to read his comments, or to stay at this site.

I love how you lurk on my threads.. never adding anything of substance, of course. You just can't stay away. I must really threaten you.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I love how you lurk on my threads.. never adding anything of substance, of course. You just can't stay away. I must really threaten you.

Don't flatter yourself. Reading your posts is one of the funniest things I do all day.

Several of them are posted around the office. Have yet to meet a coworker that hasn't laughed at you or your posts.

Please keep the stuff coming.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Several of them are posted around the office. Have yet to meet a coworker that hasn't laughed at you or your posts.

Please keep the stuff coming.

That is some stuff, and might be against the rules.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
See, he waits for me to post and then jumps onnit right away. You can't stay away from me.

btw, if you can't bring something to the table, stf away from my threads.

I'm starting to think your sole purpose is to disrupt. You'd think a moderator would step in and rectify that. But then again, I'm not surprised.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You really shouldn't be allowed to post anything. You're highly ineffective and so transparent its ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

See, he waits for me to post and then jumps onnit right away. You can't stay away from me.

I'm starting to think your sole purpose is to disrupt. You'd think a moderator would step in and rectify that. But then again, I'm not surprised.

i think someone has a soft spot for ECK

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It isn't your thread, you do not own it. Did you bother to read any of the Faq's for the site? I can post here so long as I abide by the rules, which do not state that ECK can tell who can and cannot post.

Smart, go ahead and insult the mods. You already bitched about them once already today. What's the matter, ECK's feelings hurt because he doesn't get to be one?

I have come to the realization that you are not worth me wasting time on.

You question everything I say and do here, for no good reason.

Your pathetic, I am beginning to think that you are the most biiter thing on this planet.

AMF.

[Edited on 21/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

i think someone has a soft spot for ECK

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by asala]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Do you have anything to add to the subject at hand? If not, then go ruin someone else's thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
KEEP THIS ON TOPIC,

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by asala]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Do you have anything to add to the subject at hand? If not, then go ruin someone else's thread.

Yes, how did the US basically trick Saddam into attacking Kuwait?

You made that claim in the first post and I would like to see the proof of that.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's pretty much common knowledge by now. I suggest you do your own research.

Clue: Run a search on April Glaspie re: her comments to Saddam on behalf of then Sec. State James Baker.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join