It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

convicted felons?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My Opinion

Oh woopity doo I ddidnt spell something correctly, thank you for pointing out

that flaw in what I wrote on an internet message board, you never know what

kind of damage mispellings might cause, utter catastrophe I'm guessing.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos
My Opinion
Oh woopity doo I ddidnt spell something correctly, thank you for pointing out
that flaw in what I wrote on an internet message board, you never know what
kind of damage mispellings might cause, utter catastrophe I'm guessing.

It's not your spelling or grammar at all actually. It's your attitude that is most dangerous.

Bitterness and apathy won't get you far.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My Opinion

LOL my attitude dangerous.

Ahh well I could care less.

have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos
LOL my attitude dangerous.

Ahh well I could care less.

Exactly his point, I'd wager.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
First, I want to thank you all for answering my question, even though it was someone else who asked it. I do have a history that is worse than MONOVALENT ALCHEMIST’s. For the curious, it is Commercial Burglary with Explosives with an adder of Attempted Penetration of a Vault. It was 20 years ago, when I was 18 years old, and I freely admit it looks horrible. I hated writing it out for this post. I have so divorced myself from that period of my life that I have difficulty even remembering the act. I do however, remember the charge.

He who said that criminals get off easy in this country is naive. Sure, the incarceration times aren’t as long as some, but the databases here never forget.

I can’t go to Canada. Ever. Canada checks the database for “undesirables”.
I can’t get any kind of Contractors License and to do that sort of work without a license is a crime.
Big, medium, and now even small firms check the criminal records database before hiring.

Being stupid when young, has a massive affect on life-long income potential. Having walked in those shoes, I can understand why the recidivism rate is so high. Most will simply see no other option left open to them.

It also affects who will date you.

If it sounds like I am feeling sorry for myself, please don’t read into it. I am doing very well in life. I took all the extra barriers as a challenge and took them on. I don’t have so much as a speeding ticket in the last 10 years. I have a beautiful, cool, too-good-for-me wife who loves me. And yes, she does know. I also have my own business where I make enough to provide the upbringing my family should have. My kids will not make the same mistakes I did.

I would have liked to join your prestigious organization, but I will not even try. Trust is hard to win and easy to lose. Only my very oldest, and most trusted friends know my past. Having it dug back up and debated could very well harm the trust I have won over the last 20 years, which could harm my business, and in turn harm my family. While I would have liked to join the Masons, at a certain point in life, you realize that it isn’t about you any more. My family is more important. I’ll just chalk it up to one more door that is closed, but again thank you for letting me find all this out the easy way.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
all this is My Opinion

LOL wager away man, whats the odds?

And yuppers dude who wrtoe that post above me I think is correct, the criminal

justice system never forgives.

But thats just the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Anyway ya'll have a beautiful day.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I did read the entire post and unless you have added it since then, I am sorry as I must have missed it.

As far as DUI's go, a DUI is a TOTALLY avoidable crime. ONLY irresponsible and/or stupid people get DUI's. Go back and read some of my previous posts and you will find out that I was a full blown alcoholic for about 4 years and I have never even come CLOSE to having a DUI. (even though I drank a liter or more of 100 proof vodka a day). You know why? Because I kept my drunk ass at home and cared more about my fellow man than to get my drunk ass behind the wheel of a moving death machine.

If you want to talk about a law being a money making scheme, stay away from the DUI's and look at seatbelt laws.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
IAs far as DUI's go, a DUI is a TOTALLY avoidable crime. ONLY irresponsible and/or stupid people get DUI's.

I must disagree with you on this statement. While we both may agree that their is no excuse or justification for people to get plastered then get behind the wheel and drive like a maniac, many police departments enforce DUI laws with unreasonable zeal and cite people who are acting reasonably and not puting anybody in grave danger.

For example, many people cited for DUI are not driving unsafely when cited, but rather, they are pulled over for some minor violation like having a defectivet tail light that is used as a pretense. The cops will then take the opportunity to test for alcohol, and if the person is over the limit, the cops have hit the jackpot. The limits are low, so one need not have been drinking excessively to be over the limit. It is quite possible to be over the limit after having a glass of wine with dinner. Also, in some states it is still possible to cite somebody with DUI even if they did not exceed the limit if they have any detectable trace of alcohol in their system.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ben Gates. Actually, depending on where you are it would be possible to join the Masonic Fraternity.

Recently my Lodge admitted a young man who had been convicted of a felony after he served his time. Had to do with a vehicle being stolen and an assault of some sort (was over a year ago I don't quite remember the details). Anyway, we were lucky enough to have a lawyer as a member of the Lodge who took the time to pull the records and look at the information stored in the database. The lawyer met with the petitioner and after evaluating both the evidence in the record and the attitude of the man in question - he returned a positive endorsement for his acceptance.

A prior felony (by Masonic Law - in the state of Indiana) does not disqualify you for membership. A felony commited after receiving membership however is means for expulsion - and a state conviction is not necessarily required as a Masonic Trial would be convened even if you're found innocent by the state depending on some of the variables invovled with the process. (And criminal court is not the only way to convene a Masonic trial - libel and slander can both trigger a Masonic Trial.)

Being a convicted felon and having a contrary attitude (ie. Mon Alchemist) would most likely bar you from admitance. A few minutes spent speaking to Mon Alchmeist and I'd probably go to the Worshipful and refuse to be present at the degree should the worshipful decide to continue - assuming I was unable to vote at the petition reading (as someone who travels to do degree work for various Lodges my leaving could effectively shut things down for the night).

Ben Gates you sound like someone who has their . screwed on straight and has actually made some amends for previous errors. I only know about you what I've read here, but I'd be willing to accept your petition and speak to you in person.

I can't see your location, but if you're interested I'd be more than happy to discuss Masonic membership with you and find you a Lodge that is willing to accept a Man for his current status.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join