It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

convicted felons?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i've made some mistakes in my life and am trying to move forward. however, society is very judgemetal. do the masons do the same? im also covered up with tattoos(none on my face or hands).

i have a lot of moderation and respect for the masons. i've never had a fatherly figure in my life and have been denied acceptance by most- i seek knowledge and life long experience from the elders of the free masons. i have studied philosophy and theology- i dont consider myself to be a christian- however, i know the bible.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The tattoos are not relevant. The gentleman who presided over my own Third Degree, and sponsored me in the Scottish Rite and Shrine, is a WWII Navy veteran, and is also covered with them.

Prior felonies, however, are a bit more important. It could be possible that a convicted felon would be approved, but is generally not likely. It would depend on the actual crime; for example, growing pot plants is a felony, but not as bad as armed robbery. If the crime was violent, the Lodge will not approve the petitioner under any circumstances.

It would also depend on how long it's been since it happened, and what the individual has done with his life since.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If you mess up in life than you should suffer the consequences. You have broken the law and at the time believed you were above it. Well Tough poo. Deal with it. No mercy for those that hurt other people to get through life.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
thats what doing time is suppose to be- punishment. you shouldn't be punished for the rest of your life. no, i'm not a violent criminal or a drug user/abuser. knowledge is power, one should not discriminate-(ex) criminals are people to.

back to the topic- no violent crimes. do the masons check criminal back grounds?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MONOVALENT ALCHEMIST
thats what doing time is suppose to be- punishment. you shouldn't be punished for the rest of your life. no, i'm not a violent criminal or a drug user/abuser. knowledge is power, one should not discriminate-(ex) criminals are people to.

back to the topic- no violent crimes. do the masons check criminal back grounds?

It varies from Lodge to Lodge and from jurisdiction to jurisdiction (in the U.S. each State is governed by it's own Grand Lodge who has ultimate authority over the State's Lodges. My lodge does indeed check criminal back-grounds. Like Masonic Light said, depending on the crime, the punishment received, etc. it may not be a big deal. We admitted a man in his late 20's a few years ago who had made a lot of mistakes and had been in quite a bit of trouble in his mid to late teens, but had straightened up and was trying to do his best.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

It varies from Lodge to Lodge and from jurisdiction to jurisdiction (in the U.S. each State is governed by it's own Grand Lodge who has ultimate authority over the State's Lodges. My lodge does indeed check criminal back-grounds. Like Masonic Light said, depending on the crime, the punishment received, etc. it may not be a big deal. We admitted a man in his late 20's a few years ago who had made a lot of mistakes and had been in quite a bit of trouble in his mid to late teens, but had straightened up and was trying to do his best.

i was in prison with a mason/shriner. he didnt tell me but i found out that he was in there for child molestation. he was a really nice guy and i felt sorry for him. the christians hated him. black masons would lecture him about the white masons stealing the original knowledge from them. he told me that a black man can not be a true free mason because their not "FREE". anyways, i really enjoyed the time we spent together. i learned a lot from him . i believe everybody should get a second chance. that's what life is all about. let god judge

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Boo freakin' Hoo...Tell me.......the people you have f'd over should they just forget about it and move on? You have dealt a serious blow to these people and it will effect them the rest of thier lives .....so yes you should also.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by soulstealer2099]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
soulstealer, check your u2u in box. You have several u2u's awaiting you.

Edit: It's up in your tool bar. It's red.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulstealer2099

Boo freakin' Hoo...Tell me.......the people you have f'd over should they just forget about it and move on? You have dealt a serious blow to these people and it will effect them the rest of thier lives .....so yes you should also.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by soulstealer2099]

What is your problem? I am glad the mods are on top of this one.

Do you know something about the OP that we don't because you are way out of line and he said nothing about the details of his crime except that it was non-violent.

I do question the OP's intent when mentioning an inmate he knew to be a child molesting mason.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by interestedalways]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
AS the other Masons said, it really just depends on various levels.. or instance, old hard liner "investigators" on the committee will be less likely to approve anyone with a felon..

My lodge is, imo, as traditional as I am, way to strict over the issue. In my lodge, a single felon, even one 25 years ago will mean you get a bad referral and the committee will inform the lodge that they suggest you not be admitted.. in the end it can be VERY hard to get in, the committee may approve but if just one man says no, then your not in.

A friend of mine wanted to get his nephew in, he had a felon on his record, I believe it was possession of coke after he was pulled over one night.. that was in his late teens. Hes in his 30's now and has a steady career and job, no felons since, no trouble since, the lodge said no.

It is my personal belief that, especially when younger, people F up all the time.. and with time pass that stage and "grow up" .. I sincerely believe Masonry can be to judgmental on people, i can garentee not all Masons have never done something bad, even felon worthy, but have not been caught.

However, at the same time.. to allow felons into the organization you are knowingly allowing members who could be unstable, dangerous, give the organization a bad reputation, or most severely be a repeat offender and commit another crime as a Mason.

And of course, your crime does matter. I feel sorry for those with drug convictions because that is usually associated with a hard time in life, which we all have. To be denied access to an organization you seek to better your self because of a bad time in life some 15-20 years ago is entirely unfair. However, people that commit rape, murder, child molestation, assaults, robberies, theft .. I can say that if the lodge has knowledge the person in question committed such acts, then in no way should that ever be allowed in. Yes, life can be hard to get through after you serve your time but when it comes down to it, you made the choice.

PS .. I would not take what your "mason" friend said in jail about the difference in black and white masons and "stolen knowledge" .. very seriously. And if you seek Masonry as a racial domination organization of some sort, you will not find what your looking for.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
thanx for the info. my friend didnt make race an issue it was the black masons. they were border-line islamic and couldn't stand whites. my friend just stated facts about free masonry. we all know that whites do not attend black mason lodges, vice versa.

and to buddy questioning why i was in there with a child molester- i guess you think they have prison specifically built for molesters only or that im a child molester. the answers to both are no and no. georgia is too tight for that. you never know what somebody went down for. you dont ask, because it's none of your buisness. that goes for everybody else.

-----------------------
Deleted big quote of post above

[edit on 4/8/07 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

and to buddy questioning why i was in there with a child molester- i guess you think they have prison specifically built for molesters only or that im a child molester. the answers to both are no and no.

Actually the reason I mentioned about that was because alot of heat goes on here about people coming out and calling the Masons pedophiles and there seems to be an uncalled for stigma used in the assault against the fraternity regarding that subject.

It just seemed strange that your first day on ATS you mentioned your link to the Masons as a child molester. You don't want to mention your crime, but have no problem mentioning his and admittedly folks don't usually take kindly to child molesters in general. I wasn't surprised that you were locked up with one, I was surprised that you told us.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

If you mess up in life than you should suffer the consequences. You have broken the law and at the time believed you were above it. Well Tough sh*t. Deal with it. No mercy for those that hurt other people to get through life.

Let me tell you about Charles.

Charles was a Civil War buff. Had a replica black powder pistol. He took the civil war replica black powder pistol down to the riverbank to let a few rounds fly.

He caught a ride with Daryl, who stopped to pour some water on his marijuana plantation in the woods.

The feds had the plantation staked out. Busted Daryl for cultivating marijuana plants, which he was obviously doing.

Busted Charles for being an armed gaurd at a marijuana plantation. Puh-leez.

Daryl got 2 years.

Charles got 5 years.

I got a dozen stories like this. It can happen to anybody, anywhere, anytime. I really hope it happens to you.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Researcher]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

thanx for the info. my friend didnt make race an issue it was the black masons. they were border-line islamic and couldn't stand whites. my friend just stated facts about free masonry. we all know that whites do not attend black mason lodges, vice versa.

and to buddy questioning why i was in there with a child molester- i guess you think they have prison specifically built for molesters only or that im a child molester. the answers to both are no and no. georgia is too tight for that. you never know what somebody went down for. you dont ask, because it's none of your buisness. that goes for everybody else.

-----------------------
Deleted big quote of post above

[edit on 4/8/07 by masqua]

Erm, borderline Islamic?? .. Please, explain the borderline issue..

As far as whites not attending "black lodges" or blacks attending "White lodges" .. thats crap. Prince Hall Masonry allows whites to join, as well as normal blue lodge Masonry allows blacks, asians, ANYONE who wants to join.. there is discrimination on the lodge level, cannot deny that its a sad issue, but the vast majority are not discriminative in their passing of men who want to be Masons..

There are Masons of all religions and all faiths, I think you may be confused on some of these issues.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
im here to learn. that's why i have 2 ears and 1 mouth. your suppose to listen more than talk. free thinking isnt an option for me... it is a gurantee. i know we were created to serve a purpose, for me i still do not know. maybe i was put here to disrupt and cause confusion. im drawn to the dark but seek refuge in the light. i want to become a child of the light

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
well, i know i've never seen a black shriner- and you cant be a shriner if your not a mason. maybe it's a white power thing here in atlanta. every mason i've known or met couldn't stand blacks or jews. i tolerate but do not involve myself with them. black masons are very racist and cant stand white masons. they teach false history to young black men about the white race. they teach that white people come from black albino's. we come from the "incestial offspring" of africans. we were cast out of africa and migrated to the caucus mountains. there we lived as cave men- we ate raw flesh, (because we were too stupid to make fire) had sex with dogs(thats how ghonrrhea started) and had sex with the opposite sex. their teachings are a complete vulgar display of power. soo everything accomplished by the white race is a disgrace- nothing could've ever been accomplished if we didnt steal their knowledge. they strongly belive in this.
i cant believe they had the nerve to tell me all of this. yes, i know all black masons are not the same. my experience with them was ver negative. their favorite quote is " RIDE THAT GOAT"

[edit on 4-8-2007 by MONOVALENT ALCHEMIST]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oh.grow up. Everyone has the right to make a new start, he did his time, its not for you to judge. He did not come here to be judged, and certainly not by you. Boo hoo indeed, brother, will we ever get past the need to be hateful at things we know not about.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

well, i know i've never seen a black shriner

There are many black Shriners. Here is a photo of a Noble of the Mystic Shrine who is African-American:

maybe it's a white power thing here in atlanta. every mason i've known or met couldn't stand blacks or jews.

I have been to Masonic functions in Atlanta in many times, and in fact received my Sidonian Degree in the Tall Cedars of Lebanon there. I've never met a Mason there, or anywhere else, who advocated "white power". Furthermore, there are also quite a few Jewish Masons in the Atlanta area, and a huge number of Jewish Brethren in Florida and the northeast.

black masons are very racist and cant stand white masons.

I have the fortune to know quite a few black Masons, and they certainly treated me as a Brother.

they teach false history to young black men about the white race. they teach that white people come from black albino's. we come from the "incestial offspring" of africans. we were cast out of africa and migrated to the caucus mountains. there we lived as cave men- we ate raw flesh, (because we were too stupid to make fire) had sex with dogs(thats how ghonrrhea started) and had sex with the opposite sex. their teachings are a complete vulgar display of power. soo everything accomplished by the white race is a disgrace- nothing could've ever been accomplished if we didnt steal their knowledge. they strongly belive in this.
i cant believe they had the nerve to tell me all of this. yes, i know all black masons are not the same. my experience with them was ver negative. their favorite quote is " RIDE THAT GOAT"

There is no division between black and white Masons. The Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia, for example, has a black Grand Officer, who will become the first black Grand Master of a "mainstream" Grand Lodge in the USA.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What crime did you commit?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
What crime did you commit?

theft by recieving of a motor vehicle and commercial burglary- in the wrong place at the wrong time. i was drunk and shouldn't have left the scene. where i live theres a 96% conviction rate- traffic nazi's

C.O.B.B COUNTY
O N E U
U I S
N N T
T G E
D

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join