It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Participants Needed! First ATS Debate Tournament for 2007

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I don't know how I'll go in this forum. But I'll give it a go. Sign me up!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So this means no more topics that are basicly impossible to argue one side of? *cough, cough* Yay!

I need to let you guys know, though, I'll be going out of town saturday and won't be back till next thursday. I do hope this doesn't cause any problems, should i be lucky enough to have advanced

[edit on 14-8-2007 by D.E.M.]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Rest easy, my friend. I think you acquitted yourself well. I think you might be surprised by just how very many people who read what you wrote. Between the two of us, I think we stirred the pot quite nicely.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hey round 1 is finally over! Congratulations to everybody for a great round!

Now we just wait….

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Normally I'd hold off on this, but since one debate ended significantly later, I'm releasing 7 of 8 results while the 8th is pending.

Enjoies05 v TruthWithin: TruthWithin has won.
DonWahn v Simulacra: Simulacra was won.
Hikix v Secret Titan: Secret Titan has won.
EvilBat v Tuning Spork: Tuning Spork has won.
Galm 1 v Discomfit: Discomfit has won.
NYK537 v Esdad71: Esdad71 has won.
Justin Oldham v D.E.M.: Justin Oldham has won.

Since last weekend was a bit slow, and I'm going to be MIA for most of thursday and friday, debates will not resume until Monday.

The result for TheBorg v Semperfortis will be in ASAP.

Official results with judges comments will be posted soon as well. Its going to take some time sorting through U2Us so I'll have to put them together later.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Congrats everyone!!! The first round was a blast. Looking very forward to see what comes next....

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ehhh..too bad. I had a good feeling about that one.

Oh well, if I had to go down to someone, I'm glad it was Esdad71. He put up one hell of a good fight. That was one of the best debates I've ever had. Whoever draws him in round 2 better watch out.

Prediction: Whoever goes up against him in the FINALS better watch out.

Congratulations to everyone on an amazing round of debates. I look forward to the next time I get to throw my hat in the ring.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Normally I'd hold off on this, but since one debate ended significantly later, I'm releasing 7 of 8 results while the 8th is pending.

Enjoies05 v TruthWithin: TruthWithin has won.
DonWahn v Simulacra: Simulacra was won.
Hikix v Secret Titan: Secret Titan has won.
EvilBat v Tuning Spork: Tuning Spork has won.
Galm 1 v Discomfit: Discomfit has won.
NYK537 v Esdad71: Esdad71 has won.
Justin Oldham v D.E.M.: Justin Oldham has won.

Congrats Tuning Spork
and to the rest of the winners

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanks, EvilBat! You had me scramblin' the whole way through.

Congrats to all the 1st round winners. I have a feeling I'm gonna wish I'd washed out early.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thanks nyk, you were an advisary that each time made me think, ponder and respond. I cna only hope that I am provided the wit and response in the next round that you provided me. Congrats to all!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Ehhh..too bad. I had a good feeling about that one.

You had every reason to have a good feeling on that one. I can't even express how close that one was.
None of the judges found it to be an easy decision, and I am not exactly being showered with praise for letting you two face off this early in the tournament. This would have been a great semi-final or final bout.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
aaaaaaaagh ok this may be VERY premature but The Vagabond, please pencil me in for the next round of debates. It was a fantastic read through the first round of this debate competition. I would seriously like to be in the next competition. One kinda like unofficially get's involved and starts to look deeper into the topics for one's self. Fantastic!!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Very insightful comments on the debates from the judges. I enjoy reading those.

It's going to be hard waiting for another tournament now. I've got the debate itch.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
NYK, you might be honored to know that someone who I will allow to remain annonymous unless they choose otherwise, U2U'd me about giving up their spot in the next round to you because of your superior performance.

I think that would be unwise because anyone who you eliminated might feel cheated, but I thought you might like knowing how highly you are seen.

The next tournament will follow fast on the heels of this one if interest remains high though, and I am confident that you will be vindicated then.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The Vagabond, are we still looking at monday for new topics?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I may be able to get them up before that- in fact I am doing a little work on it right now- but posting time limits won't begin until monday morning. A little breather is good for everyone- it prevents battle fatigue from setting in.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Debate battle fatigue is my middle name. (well not really but it would be SWEET if it was)

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
NYK, you might be honored to know that someone who I will allow to remain annonymous unless they choose otherwise, U2U'd me about giving up their spot in the next round to you because of your superior performance.

I think that would be unwise because anyone who you eliminated might feel cheated, but I thought you might like knowing how highly you are seen.

The next tournament will follow fast on the heels of this one if interest remains high though, and I am confident that you will be vindicated then.

Wow. I do feel honored for that. I'll agree it wouldn't be fair though. I lost my debate fairly to an excellent opponent and it wouldn't be fair to others. I appreciate the gesture though.

I'll just have to really focus the next time a tournament rolls around and avenge myself.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I thoroughly enjoyed reading that debate. It was a shame someone had to lose. There is NO shame in that loss. You two duked it out extremely well. kudo's to you both.
I look forward to seeing you both debate again.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm to late for this tourney, but Vagabond, can you put me on the wait list for the next one. I would really like to test my self.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join