* In large cities, Americans are photographed on the average of 20 times a day.
A: Yeah, and?
* Everything you charge is in a database that police, among others, can look at.
A: Whoa, better buy my porn with cash huh?
* Supermarkets track what you purchase and sell the information to direct-mail marketing firms.
A: Good, so the coupons I get on my receipt, are actually # I'll buy!!!
* Your employer is allowed to read your E-Mail, and if you use your company's health insurance to purchase drugs, your employer has access to that
A: That's what hotmail is for.....
* Government computers scan your E-Mail for subversive language.
A: Sure, but what human is going to sift through all of it? Ahh, see there's the thing, no manpower for this....
* Your cell phone calls can be intercepted, and your access numbers can be cribbed by eavesdroppers with police scanners.
A: If they really want my beef stew recipe, I guess they'll get it....
* You register your whereabouts every time you use an ATM, credit card, or use EZ PASS at a toll booth.
A: Of course, but there's a marvelous concept called "cash" for those not wanting to be traced....
* You are often being watched when you visit web sites. Servers know what you're looking at, what you download, and how long you stay on a page.
A: See the answer to the e-mail bit above....not to mention, most ad-aware/spybot, etc. can guard against this...
* A political candidate found his career destroyed by a newspaper that published a list of all the videos he had ever rented.
A: That's what "aides" are for.....
* Most "baby monitors" can be intercepted 100 feet outside the home.
A: I hardly think that my personal info will be divulged via baby talk...
* Intelligence agencies now have "micro-bots" -- tiny, remote control, electronic "bugs" that literally can fly into your home and look around
without your noticing.
A: Well, this is speculation, but even if so, if they REALLY want to know that badly...more power to them, but I better not see any of me and the mrs.
on some internet porn site!
* Anyone with $100 can tap your phone.
A: Well, it's their benjamin, if they want to waste it... That $100 would get a far more interesting call if they dialed a 1-900 number....
* a new technology called TEMPEST can intercept what you are typing on your keypad (from 100 feet away through a cement wall.)
A: Now THAT does suck... Of course, if you just press one button (your on/off one) it pretty much ruins his day, huh?
* the National Security Agency has a submarine that can intercept and decipher digital communications from the RF emissions of underwater phone
A: Again, what human is going to sift through all of that though? Capability is one thing, application, quite another.....