It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich says war on terror 'phony'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Gingrich says war on terror 'phony'

www.ajc.com

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Thursday the Bush administration is waging a "phony war" on terrorism, warning that the country is losing ground against the kind of Islamic radicals who attacked the country on Sept. 11, 2001.

A more effective approach, said Gingrich, would begin with a national energy strategy aimed at weaning the country from its reliance on imported oil and some of the regimes that petro-dollars support.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.americansolutions.com

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
At least somebody in Congress is being honest, although not 100%.

Looks like Republicans are trying to get as far away from the Neo-Conservatives as possible. Good for them...I just wish it wasn't for show and that they actually cared.

The 'war on terror' has been a war of terror for some time now for our citizens and the rest of the world. We have invaded two countries (that we know of) and no real progress has been made. We're still fighting extremists 'over there.'

There has been no terror attacks on US soil, despite what our fear-mongering government has told us.

When will it end?

"None of you should believe we are winning this war. There is no evidence that we are winning this war," the ex-Georgian told a group of about 300 students attending a conference for collegiate conservatives.

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
First of all, Gingrich is no longer in congress. Second I think this pitch is transparent. Whatever McCain is doing is wrong so he will do the opposite.

[edit on 8/3/2007 by Hal9000]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We are mislead that this war is going downhill. Anyone remember Vietnam? Sigh....

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Is it really a suprise?
It's a war...on Terror. That doesn't even make sense. Thats like having a war on ignorance... or a war on stupidity...Is it something we can really win?

Condelezza : "Mr. President. We attempted to blanket the area with math formulas and dictionarys but the insurgents retaliated with blank stares and bond fires. Shall we ask Congress for another 5 billion worth of english books?"

President : "That won't be nec .. nessaser . . that won't be needed Ricey. Parachute Bill nye the science feller right down smack in the middle of that mess and have him teach these ignant goat suckers how to add. If that dun work...then go ahead and ask congress for 10 billion in what you said before.
Dog gonnit we will win this war on stupidity!"

Condelezza: "I'm sorry did you say...the...Bill Nye...?"

President: "Hells yeah I did! Now get hoppin before you find that you suddenly are dumb! and deaf! and that you are also an idiot!"

Condelezza : "Right away sir"

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
President : "That won't be nec .. nessaser . . that won't be needed Ricey.

Good stuff, xEphon.

Do you also write for "Lil Bush" ?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Nice, and I agree. There's just something about fighting a war against a nameless, faceless enemy. And we're constantly being told how we can't let them see any sign of us backing down and we can't have deadlines (and set goals). I mean seriously, how and when could we ever claim a victory in this war? At what point could anyone actually declare that we have finally won the so called "war on terror"? We can't. By design, it is impossible.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
First of all, Gingrich is no longer in congress. Second I think this pitch is transparent. Whatever McCain is doing is wrong so he will do the opposite.

Former House Speaker Gingrich

Where did I mention he was a current Congressman?

And is it even relevant? Some of the Presidential nominees aren't currently 'active'. Does that mean they aren't still involved?

McCain is as two-faced as the next politician. They're all the same, Republic and Democrat alike.

I don't care what party you are a part of (the two major parties that is) you are essentially working towards the same goals: more government, higher taxes (whether they admit to it or not), special interest group attention, listening to peddaling lobbyists etc etc.

When will the 'masses' stop taking this crap and fight back?

I don't see it happening any time soon...Unless another 9/11 happens and there is some very extensive proof of a coverup or complacence on the part of our 'elected' leaders.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Ya know, I'm sorry but if one was to look at the kind of money they are spending on those two little countries, thousands of miles away....and compare it to how little they have done to protect our harbors, our ports, our nuke plants, water sources, pipelines, bridges, ect...ect...
one has to admit, these people running the show obviously don't feel that threatened at the thought of some terrorists coming into our country and blowing something up! If they were, they'd be doing something to protect THIS COUNTRY, instead of investing billions in rebuilding other countries.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Newt Gingrich is more hard line than any of the neo cons can be. If this story is true, he must of relooked over the geo political state that the usa is in, and where it needs to go.

Remember he has been a big caller in the past to attack the muslims on the front foot, but now he comes out with this. Does this mean usa is looking at another cold war scenario, or is this just noise from Newt Gingrich.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I hate having to agree with Gingrich about anything but every now and then he pulls his head out from where the light don't shine and says something intelligent and worthwhile.

We keep bungling around thinking that a military solution is the answer to everything from the war on drugs, to terrorists to illegal aliens (why don't those grays just get their green cards anyway?
) when a legal solution is far more effective.

We could change the way we do business and benefit as a whole from it but too many vested interests want to keep the status quo for their own game and screw everybody else.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Funny, in this clip he says basically that Muslims will rule America if we dont kick more ass in the middle east.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Gingrich's phony independence day:

www.scholarsandrogues.com...

The real Global Energy Independence Day, July 10:

www.zpenergy.com...

Lets hear about it Illuminati News services.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
N. Gingrich is no fool! He is extremely well connected with the GOP. And I find it astonishing for him to go against the party line.

Perhaps a Newt, McCain ticket in the offing....

If so a very clever campaign strategy, trying to steer the attention away from an unpopular war.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They wont' be talking about Tesla thats for sure.

I just wonder how far down the ban on Tesla goes with these people.

Rockefeller must have put out the word long ago.

Henry Ford took out the Tesla coil ignition on the Model T.
It was too powerful.

October 1, 1908 the first Model T rolled out the assembly line.
Just heard it on the radio. Got 13 mpg in 6HP engine.
Some big celebration is in the works for a 2008 anniversary.

That was about the HP of the V2 engine until the Nazis got a design
improvement by Peter Van Dresser from Dr. Goddard.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

No, Gingrich would be helping McCain, to say that.
The election will boil down to: off-shore oil drilling, with Obama against it and McCain for it.
Obama will be made to look like he supports terrorism because he will be guaranteeing that we keep giving money to Islamic countries.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Obama is against off-shore oil drilling.

Thats bad for him because that is the new Illuminati push.
So it will happen.

US land reserves can't produce for years but off-shore is just
waiting to spin the valve.

Rockefeller's imports hold sway over US land developments.
Its been set to law that way.

new topics

top topics

join