It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted computer hamstrings House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Busted computer hamstrings House

www.politico.com

The House electronic voting system malfunctioned at approximately 2 p.m. as lawmakers began a vote on a procedural motion sponsored by Rep. Heather Wilson (R-N.M.). Projectors that usually display how each member voted and show a tally of votes were not working, although votes were still being recorded on computers at various locations in the House chamber.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.tv
www.washingtonpost.com
www.politico.com

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Essentially the 'lawmakers' were more concerned about their fellow Housemates voting preferences rather than their own constituents and personal opinions.

What kind of people do we have running the show? Worried about appearances, sounds like high school to me.

Rep. David Dreier (R-Calif.) questioned how they could vote if they were unable to see the usual tally. Lawmakers are accustomed to seeing how their colleagues are voting while they mull their own decision.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I found 2 related youtube videos:

I just wonder why can't our politicians think for themselves? Oh wait, its because they're bought and paid for. I forgot.

Move along people, nothing to see here

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Don't be so unrealistic....y'all know you'd do the exact same thing in their position.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Don't be so unrealistic....y'all know you'd do the exact same thing in their position.

Speak for yourself thank you.

If they were elected to think for themselves, I hope it wouldn't matter how their colleagues were voting.

Comprendes?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
No, my friend, this is not how politics works. If you "lone wolf" it, you will never get anything done. "Horse trading" and working as a group is the only way anything ever gets accomplished.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
No, my friend, this is not how politics works. If you "lone wolf" it, you will never get anything done. "Horse trading" and working as a group is the only way anything ever gets accomplished.

Hence why I'm not a politician
. Never could be one, never planned on it...

Although I did want to be a lawyer once. That was back when I was naiive about how the system works.

I don't disagree with your statement. I find it appalling this is how politics works.

Collaboration in a group is fine. I still think people need to think for themselves, politicians included.

Heck, if we never joined groups and helped each other out we'd still be stuck in the stone age.

We are arguing semantics. Neither one of us stand a chance of being elected anyhow

Let's just try to influence the ones who are in power via lobbying eh?

Its just too bad I don't have any contracts to hand out or bribes. I'm not a rich man

[edit on 4-8-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And, Biggie, there are people who march to their own beat in Congress, Kucinich and Paul come to mind. Although these individuals are right on the money in many areas, their influence is still small although there are some indications it is growing.

Will the herd one day follow them?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Agreed.

I would hope the 'herd' follows, but is not swayed into emotional responses, men and women who are true leaders and not phony business people.

We need real leadership in this country and around the world. Our politicians have failed us for the most part. Only a select handful truly care about making this place a safer and more free place to live.

Do I want them to lead? Yes and no. As the old saying goes, 'power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.' People like Barack Obama who are relatively new to politics are hardly touched by the Washington corruption rackets. However, a few more years and he will surely be paid off by some lobbying group. Pharmaceuticals, oil companies, auto industry, you name it they'll be trying some funny moves.

I do not 'follow' any man or woman. I decide what is right or wrong on my own. Granted, this is not how the majority behaves. Most people need rules, whether it is handed down from 'God' (see 10 commandments), written in law by the Constitution, or dictated by modern day humans.

I for one have my own set of rules and they seem to align pretty accurately with a 'moral' viewpoint of reality.

So, if I do have my own set of rules, do I still have to follow 'societies?' If I want to live here, yes. I could get away with committing crimes, but I will more than likely be caught or snitched on.

Politicians are finding this out too. They are actually being held accountable. Thank God.

Sorry for the ramble...Just keep on keeping on in your own way uber. I'll see you around.

To agree with others does not mean you have to 'follow' them...Just wanted to clarify

top topics

join