It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember larry walters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I was just looking through some threads and somebody mentioned the lawn chair balloon guy. I remember larry, he was a friend of my fathers. he used to come to our house. But i hadnt heard anything about him for many years. I was shocked to learn that he killed himself back in 1993. Today was the first time i have ever looked up this event on the internet. I found mostly the truth about the whole ordeal but i can say that the reports where not all correct about what he took with him. Here are some of the reports. tafkac.org...
www.delta-9.com...
home.earthlink.net...

First let me tell you he packed sandwiches and iced tea. Not a bottle of soda or a six pack of miller lite. And in one report it says his friends let him go slowly. The fact is he wasn't ready to go yet and they let go of the ropes luaghing as they did it. You ask me how i know this, he told this to my father at my house and i was present during this conversation. Im writing this post as a farewell to a man who was crazy but also a family friend. And also to correct the minor descepancies that where written about the event. Did any of you know larry? and if you did, do you have anything to share about his life. And to larry where ever you are now, thanks for the great memories from a great time in my life. You will be missed and I hope thats you coming back to earth in all those balloon sightings
And i will never forget your pinto wagon with the bubble window in the back. It was the best pinto i have ever seen.

new topics

join