It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Movement" needs to start again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I dont think a one sided discussion is a worthwhile discussion personally... Its kinda like talkin to yourself.

Allow me to use a metaphor to illustrate my point. You notice a possibly dangerous pink elephant standing in the corner of a crowded room. Let's assume that, for whatever reason, you can't leave this room. Other people in this room see this pink elephant also, sharing your fear and concern. Others, however deny the existence of this creature, saying that they can't see any such elephant - and are not the least bit concerned.

Since you feel that your life might be in danger, would you prefer arguing about the existence of said elephant, or formulating a plan of action?

Likewise, if you think that those people who see this pink elephant are delusional, would you not try to distance yourself from them?

[edit on 8/4/2007 by HaveSeen4Myself]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well put Haveseen4myself, some continue to ignore the pink elephant at every turn. Just trying to talk to some people about the obvious problems with the official story gets nowhere. Right here in this thread the 100G wiring of money to the lead highjacker by someone meeting our government is dismissed as not an issue!

How about the Pentagon? How does a plane get all the way to the militaries command center 40 minutes after the second tower is hit?

The 911 Commissions report is just that, a report like I wrote in school where everything has allready been accepted as the truth and your just recycling old information and pretending to do an investigation.

We will remain divided and easily controled until we can agree there is a pink elephant in the room.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm really confused, you keep stating that they wired 100k to Atta, what does this prove?

Also, you're analogy is absolutely terrible. We're arguing over the existence of the "pink elephant" not how to deal with it. God, it's really hard to argue with you guys when you just constantly assume that you're already right.

Edit: Just researched the 100k thing, apparently the general of the Pakistani intelligence service had told some Al Queda member to send it. Also, this is all alleged by the Indian intelligence which hates Pakistan, so it might not even be true.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by ccaihc]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

...., but I am interested in finding out what took place on September 11, 2001.

..... I feel the search for the truth needs to start over.

what apparently took place was that 2 commercial passenger jets
crashed into WTC towers 1 & 2

a 3rd commercial jet, also with a passenger list/cargo manifest,
apparently crashed into a newly reinforced section of the Pentagon,

a 4th passenger jet, apparently crashed in a Pennsylvania field.

as to what actually happened, how, why, by whom,
are the objects of Conspiracy Theory- - with snips of information & snips of facts, that are doled out to the public by a controlling authority.

lets sopoena those 5 Israeli men who were 'dancing' while video taping the
airliners crashing into WTC towers 1 & 2.
Let's establish that a "Conspiracy of 'Mossad' agents" helped orchestrate
the 9-11 attacks and were rejoycing as the event unfolded, is untrue,
and go on from there...

unraveling the deliberately made 'Gordian Knot' , will take a lot of time

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
For the 9/11 Conspiracy Movement to gain any real traction and effect any change, it needs to stop embracing every fruitloop theory on the internet and focus on elements that might actually convince the general populace to demand investigation.

Create a yardstick. In fact, create 2.

Have the first yardstick be your grandmother. Imagine that you're explaining your version of the 9/11 conspiracy to your grandma. Will she believe it? Will she smile and think you're a nice little kid, but definitely off your rocker? When you get to a theory that grandma can swallow, go on to the next yardstick.

Yardstick number 2 is a lucid 80 year old grandmother of 12 from Arkansas. She's an Evangelical, she believes in Christ and prays to him every day. She lived through WWII and votes Republican every time. She thinks GWB is a "Nice boy".

If you try to tell the Evangelical Grandma that our President arranged 9/11 she'll get angry. If you tell her that ufos or holographic planes destroyed the towers, she'll laugh at you. If you tell her that the world is controlled by alien snake people and that they plotted to destroy the towers, she'll call the police and try to have you committed.

Get a set theory that can convince those 2 people. Then you'll be able to move forward.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I looked at some of the "superly written essay" showing camera images at the Pentagon.

Here:

A camera never ever can adjust the exposure to even remotely show the image as correct when a bright light source (explosion) shows up. The camera has to adjust the exposure time and that takes time. No camera can instantianously show anything close to the real eye image, whereas even the eye has to adjust first to the brightness suddenly changing.

A point:

Before looking at the stars outside at night, a person's vision must compensate to the darkness for about 20 minutes before the person's vision has been adjusted to view details in the dark of night.

But as it is, I am not really into any of these theories about what is going on. In the end, I am sure it is politics and that is enough to warrant that the discussion will always lead to half-truths, misconceptions, and devious actions on the part of individuals in this Country.

The mistakes were already made before the event occured as always with human judgement in performing the act of living.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by AmoebaSized]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Id first like to respond to the OP's first post on this thread...yes the truth needs to be exposed for the public. Tons of lives were taken that day and all the government has done is put the blanket over top of it all and created their own story as to what really happened that day. In the last 5 hours i have seen countless videos and read numerous articles and reports that dont connect at all on a official level. All they have done for the people is change the stories so many times im sure they dont even know whats what anymore either. Plus there are still questions that they haven't answered that even I would love to know that answers for such as:

What really hit the Pentagon?

Ive seen videos all over the place saying it was a cruise missile or a small commuter plane that hit it. If so how is it possible to clean that up quick before the media even arrived all to show us nothing but a hole in a wall

What happened to flight 93?

Still, like the pentagon, it was cleaned up pretty fast to be the actual plane itself. No skid marks on the ground, no wing imprints in the trees on either side of the hole. Plus with 2 other theories out there claiming United 93 crashed near Camp David OR it somehow ended up in a Cleveland airport, no government official has yet to actually show proof of where it ended up.

those plus many questions need to be answered. I like all of you would like to know the truth, and i dont care who it is that uncovers it as long as its a true account as to what happened that day. See im not a US citizen, I have family that lives out there, but in terms that peoples lives were toyed with that day is what made me want to know the truth. No matter where you live we are all humans who equally have the right to live on this earth as free people, and it sickens me that governments out there do stupid things to take that freedom away from us and that is why i am wanting to help all of those people out there who like me want to know the absolute truth about 9/11. Its not just a day that changed the US, but changed the world and yes everyone knows that..but does anyone in other countries outside of North America really care..who knows?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
iionly. I think you may be onto something there.

If the "movement" was to select some kind of panel made up of representatives from each camp, whose job is not to decide what happened but to compile a list of questions that can be shown to the public, who can then effect change on a much larger scale than what we have seen so far.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
the attacks were treated as an "act of war" instead of a crime. attack that and you come immediately to all of the associated issues: the war on terror, the wars in the middle east, torture, the evisceration of constitutional rights, surveillance, and the events of 9/11 itself. there is no "war" on terror, obviously. at the same time, there is no "crime" of 9/11, apparently. this is the dual strategy of obfuscation that has allowed the government to proceed at will along its fascist course, while at the same time frustrating an accurate explanation of 9/11, which is used to justify everything that has come after. from the individual to the global level, there should be investigations of all of these matters, from misdemeanors to war crimes. at the same time, everyone has to choose their own form of resistance if they want the situation to change. presently, i wouldn't rely on any branch of the government to be on your side. i wouldn't even rely on your fellow human beings, personally. it's down to each individual and each individual's free choice of action.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join